1 2
chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
12/8/12 7:22 p.m.

I got these in a trade and I was going to use them on a berg cup replica; I've scrapped the shell for that so these have just been sitting here. I'd like to see whomever buys them pull molds since this stuff is unobtanium for the most part.

OLD fiberglass 3" fender flares and a nice deep front spoiler. They are a bit checked from sitting around, I've known of them since 98 or so as they moved around a circle of friends. I do not know what brand they are and they don't visually match any of the kits I've pieced together. I'm looking for $600 out of the whole shooting match.

I test fit them on a MKI jetta and this is what they look like, the spoiler is tilted since this car had a tow hook on the front.

Obviously they have to be bonded on, no pocket screws here. Please ask any questions, located in Findlay, Ohio.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/8/12 9:04 p.m.

I am interested. Any wiggle room on your price? I'd like to use them on my $2013 Challenger, but couldn't fit the price into the budget.

Anyone else interested? I could pull the molds, if there was other interest. That might make it worth doing for the Challenge.

Willing to ship? I'm in 31721

petegossett
petegossett UltraDork
12/9/12 1:16 a.m.

I'd be interested if they were cheap enough, just to see if I could modify them to work on the Europa.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/9/12 6:30 a.m.

Pete:

I am also working on a Europa I intend to flare, so the idea of flares for both a Rabbit and a Europa intrigues me...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
12/9/12 9:38 a.m.

Front airdam for the Mustang would be awesome, just to add to the mix

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
12/9/12 9:45 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Front airdam for the Mustang would be awesome, just to add to the mix

The flares fit the mustang pretty awesome also if I remember correctly; although a bit short. Lol.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
12/9/12 6:47 p.m.

I believe they work on an FB as well

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
12/10/12 10:54 a.m.

I wish I could afford these right now. I would LOVE to start producing them!

petegossett
petegossett UltraDork
12/11/12 5:44 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Hey Paul, think it would turn out like this one?

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/3460294223.html

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm really digging the Miami Vice/80's coke-dealer look of that one. Makes me want a set of these flares even more!!!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
12/11/12 5:46 p.m.

They are a bit wider than that

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/11/12 9:01 p.m.

Pete:

Whether or not this materializes, I'll keep you posted. I'm moving slowing, but one way or another one day I WILL have Europa flares.

Those look pretty good. I'm not in love with the louvers, and the "warts" are still debatable, but the flares are good. I particularly like the rear ones- they got the proportions right while getting rid of that stupid rectangular wheel well. I'd like the wheel wells closer to the tires, but overall it is one of the better efforts I've seen.

Chandler- you sure they are wider? Remember- the Europa rolls under and "tucks" fairly radically. I think those flares Pete showed might be 3".

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
12/11/12 9:03 p.m.

If you look at the top I would say those are not as wide. I could be wrong, it's tough to say from a nighttime flash picture.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
12/21/12 10:18 a.m.

Still here, love to see them go elsewhere.

keithj
keithj New Reader
12/22/12 6:10 p.m.

Sent im

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq New Reader
12/24/12 9:47 p.m.

those flares would look insane on a 4kq. . . and the radius would work too. . . just expressing a little interest if anyone does the molding. if they fit my challenge budget i would just buy them.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
12/25/12 7:43 a.m.

There is quite a bit of interest in the flares to make molds from; hopefully someone will do that :)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/25/12 7:26 p.m.

I would do it, but can't afford the price.

Sorry...unemployed. No coin.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
12/28/12 5:57 p.m.

I know it, hopefully someone will come through.

petegossett
petegossett UltraDork
12/28/12 7:05 p.m.

I would, but I have no skill or capacity to reproduce them. Paul, I wish you were closer, sounds like a business plan.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/30/12 3:00 p.m.

In reply to petegossett:

FedEx.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
2/20/13 7:54 p.m.

I was offered $500 and I agreed.....then he backed out. So; now $500.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/20/13 8:13 p.m.

You're killing me.

I actually dug up this thread yesterday just to stare at it.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
2/20/13 8:22 p.m.
SVreX wrote: You're killing me. I actually dug up this thread yesterday just to stare at it.

I actually couldn't find it; vortex has been a bust also.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/20/13 8:58 p.m.

Check your mail.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
7/24/13 8:01 p.m.

Still here; still $500.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kJITI8vHfwDmh0sfbDeyUt7PRJxssmjfQp4MfM7UrDQoVJQg9JHp2fRI8KSrMSOu