That_Renault_Guy
That_Renault_Guy HalfDork
11/4/15 4:20 p.m.

With a wrecked Impala attached

NMNA $800

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/5299435026.html

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
11/5/15 11:13 a.m.

dang. so many bad ideas.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
11/5/15 11:27 a.m.

That looks like a smoking deal to me

Rexracer
Rexracer New Reader
11/6/15 3:52 p.m.

The FWD LSx blocks are a bit different then the RWD blocks, so a little harder to get all the right parts and pieces. right? Or i suppose if your doing a FWD swap or a Mid engine swap that would be desirable. Either way looks cheap enough.

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
11/6/15 4:40 p.m.

Lots of bad ideas

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
11/6/15 4:44 p.m.

minus the fact that it says "lien" in the title box, so you'd be technically receiving stolen property at some point because the car is not theirs to sell, it belongs to a bank.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/6/15 7:07 p.m.
patgizz wrote: minus the fact that it says "lien" in the title box, so you'd be technically receiving stolen property at some point because the car is not theirs to sell, it belongs to a bank.

No it doesn't.

It's technically their car, and pledged for collateral on a loan.

It doesn't say they don't intend to pay off the lien.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
11/6/15 7:18 p.m.

I like the thought of an LS powered mr2. I wonder what kind of trans options would bolt up to that or if you're stuck with an auto only.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltimaDork
11/6/15 7:38 p.m.
Rexracer wrote: The FWD LSx blocks are a bit different then the RWD blocks, so a little harder to get all the right parts and pieces. right? Or i suppose if your doing a FWD swap or a Mid engine swap that would be desirable. Either way looks cheap enough.

The big difference is the block, as I recall it's the GM metric pattern with no starter provision on the block, so you're building a bell housing and probably a flywheel, or using the trans bolted to it.

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
11/6/15 7:44 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
patgizz wrote: minus the fact that it says "lien" in the title box, so you'd be technically receiving stolen property at some point because the car is not theirs to sell, it belongs to a bank.
No it doesn't. It's technically their car, and pledged for collateral on a loan. It doesn't say they don't intend to pay off the lien.

Ok, well if they pay it off its one thing. If they crash it, stop making payments and sell it on CL and let it go to the repo list, you can get in trouble for having it. It took me two times buying cars in similar circumstances before i had some heat fall on me and the only reason i didnt get screwed harder is because i had a paper trail then played dumb when the car disappeared from my yard. It's tempting but I won't touch a car like that anymore unless im going to their bank, paying the loan balance, and walking away with a clean title and the car. It may cost me more but I won't touch a parts donor without a title anymore

Our Preferred Partners
1la8gejLa34Bv8KvzFePm74U1Xmj13VzSMWCBe9jRIhKmQ3mdNn9eHgUmov36ANl