1 2 3
RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
1/22/22 3:09 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

Can't tell if it's a limited or not. I really only need interior bits or new things like hoses at this point. But I might have to go check it out on their $15 bucket day. Thanks for the link.

Mostly I need something to block the hole in the ceiling from the stock dvd player that was stolen long ago. I may just print a cap for it though. O oh and the fitting from the rear washer fluid set that I can't seem to find anywhere. 

my most recent fill up because I was starting to lose reward points. 9.6mpg according to the miles that were on it. 

It's going good. I really need to get the exhaust fixed. And chase out the electrical issues. And the leak above the passenger door. 

Sometimes it doesn't have HVAC, widows, mirrors, or stereo. Then it comes back. Recently it has started not having stereo only, or once so far, randomly lost windows HVAC etc while driving. There are some fuses to check, but I'm strongly considering handing it over to an automotive electrical shop and having them fix everything. I could do most of it myself sure, but there's a good chance I'd just make things worse. 

I've actually been making a list of everything that could use updating or replacing that I plan to start attacking this spring before I hand it over to my mechanic to do the exhaust system since he already has the expensive ass tool and experience replacing the manifolds on this motor. 

It's been good though, sitting for weeks through 0 degree nights and snow it hasn't missed a beat on start up and gets to where I need to go, albeit quite loudly. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
1/29/22 1:11 p.m.

I think I may have a small fuel leak. Or my gas cap is dying. 

I'm down a quarter tank, on the gauge, in 40 miles of driving and 30 minutes of warming up idling. According to the computer thing I still have 390 to empty. But when I parked at Lowes today I could smell fuel. No puddles anywhere, or more accurately, no stains on the driveway under the tank. But I could smell it on my way in and out, and I was parked alone. 

Ugh. I'll keep an eye on the computer and check it on the next fill up. Maybe the gauge is just going or something doesn't like the cold weather. 

I feel like something is freezing on the front passenger side. I'm getting an occasional pull to the right now that the temps are down. Air pressures all match in the tires. No real rhyme or reason to when it wants to pull either, surprisingly I can't even blame it on road surface. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
7/6/22 10:17 p.m.

10.5 on today's fill up, moving up in the world. 

My filler neck is rusting out, that's going to be fun. 

But it's running good. Still noisy as hell though. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
7/20/22 6:50 p.m.

5 cans of R134A to get the system charged today. Let's see how long it lasts this time.

I'm getting block offs for the rear lines. Screw it. 

Exhaust is fixedish, at least the muffler is connected and quiet again. 

I'm going to need brake lines soon ish. The line going from master cylinder to rear split is crusty as hell. I hate brake lines. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
10/5/22 1:58 p.m.

So it too about 6 weeks for the brake lines to blow out. Just the long rear feed, from right behind the front drivers wheel to the rear axle.

So about 2 hours from start to done. For one line. Subtract my cigarette breakers and tool hunting time call it 1.5. Not shabby I guess. Just so so glad I didn't have to go to the master cylinder.

One other line looks suspect, but it's not one I can do in my driveway. If I didn't have running boards, I could use a creeper. Damn running boards.

Luckily, I guess, I've got the rest of the lines. So maybe one day I'll rent out the shop and do them, or possibly farm the job out to someone else. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
11/6/22 4:28 p.m.

10.1 on the last fill up, getting better.

Really bad stumble going up a hill yesterday though, like thought I was gonna stall. But then it was fine after that. No idea, might need to chase a vacuum leak, might just need a heavier foot

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/13/22 2:33 p.m.

Bumping this more from curiosity. Anyone on the forum looking for a tank of a tow pig? I might be putting this on the market soon. I'd rather trade for something smaller, but cash could sway me. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YFrAsG5rBDwfCw9rs4N2pR1ZRNsqqBX6z8enyl802UnHDBtU1xZfxB5TLLhhWRTE