3 4 5
Wicked93gs
Wicked93gs Reader
8/9/21 8:56 a.m.

I decided to widen the plug for the "bubble" portion of the upper air box. Previously I had 21-ish mm between the bellmouth and the wall...but I really wasn't comfortable with that distance so I decided to widen it another 19mm just because I really don't want to have to re-make this piece later because its causing an airflow restriction. This did necessitate tapering the rear portion of the plug to match the lower airbox angle and I do still have to do some type of final coating that will release the finished piece easily, but with luck I should be ready to thermoform this weekend if I can find someone with a powdercoating oven....and assuming I get around to making the vacuum box and 'glass frame.

Wicked93gs
Wicked93gs Reader
8/15/21 8:53 a.m.

New toys that came in yesterday. Time to update the handling a bit in this poor 55 year old car. Street or Track coilover suspension featuring adjustable strut rods, tubular upper and lower control arms, Bilstein shocks with shaft mounted bump-stops and tha various bits and pieces that are needed to put it all together(though I think I may be missing a couple bolts for the strut rods to bolt to the LCAs). As soon as I get some tires from my front wheels(4-lug to 5-lug stuff) I'll be able to install these. Say goodbye to rubber bushings.

Wicked93gs
Wicked93gs Reader
8/23/21 9:54 a.m.

Front suspension is in! One step closer, but still a long way to go.

This picture I took just because it shows most of the birdcage the front end has become between the outer fender braces I fabbed, the shock tower/monte carlo bar bracing, extra cowl bracing and the ties to the torque boxes.

3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
V83qeaEdtekVIeSLopzNnVxmqUQVzfxTsdmTAhAVmckgfyWNIz4vsZr5zc7lYjkI