13 14 15
Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/23/21 10:48 a.m.

Speaking of interior stuff...

Just looked into headliners, because I was curious on what's out there these days for solutions. My old backing board had rodent damage and smelled horrid, so I had to toss it. Just looked up a new ABS board and it's about $400 shipped now. YIKES. And that's if you can even get one! Most of the vendors are saying it may take OVER A YEAR to get one shipped out. Last I checked a couple years ago, they were about $150 shipped. Should've bought one. Ugh.

That's just one part of the interior. I need that and just about everything else in there to be replaced, from the carpet to the door panels. I almost want to make that someone else's problem.

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
9/23/21 11:34 a.m.

Tony, classic industries has $192.99 red perforated headliners on sale with Free Shipping through end

of today Discount code is BER21....but where are you getting a new teal mesh tank top....

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
9/23/21 11:49 a.m.

Just be sure to double check the shipping and make sure the part qualifies for the freight deal from Classic if you get it there, it's a big box!   I gave up on them a while back because their S&H was crazy high.  I see $209.00 for 74-81 red from Ames and you could probably drive up there and pick it up.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/23/21 11:58 a.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

I always forget about Ames! Not sure if they do local pickup anymore though. They are way up there in NH so it would take a few hours, but I'd rather go on a scenic drive than spend $200 for shipping. I honestly forgot they existed. I've spent a lot of money with them in the past.

Classic Industries was around $150 for shipping, I think. They were on the low side!

EDIT: Looks like Ames drop ships these from the manufacturer, so picking it up there is not an option. Their rates are better than everyone else, at least on the site. I will have to call them when I'm ready.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/23/21 12:05 p.m.

In reply to Agent98 :

I think that's just the material. I need the board and everything, unfortunately. Free shipping doesn't apply due to the monster box.

As far as the tank top, I think I need to borrow a time travelling DeLorean for that.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/27/21 1:06 p.m.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I just ordered a pair of these. They should rejuvenate the interior all by themselves.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
9/27/21 6:48 p.m.

A Disco car with Ozzy seat covers = AWESOME!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/27/21 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

\m/

SEADave
SEADave Dork
9/28/21 10:39 a.m.

I got my headliner from Classic Industries.   Looking at the receipt, I got the headliner, carpet and a package tray together and paid $39.90 in shipping.   The carpet and headliner came together in a box about the size of a medium refrigerator so it seemed pretty fair.   

This was back in January, but i just put one in a cart and used the "free shipping" code NBR21 and shipping was only $26.95.     

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/28/21 10:43 a.m.

I did find a couple sources for just the headliner board for a reasonable price, and I think I am going to order one soon. It would need to be upholstered, but I can install it bare for now. It's textured black ABS plastic. My interior bits are red and black, and while the plan is to dye everything red, I can deal with both red and black for a bit.

Now to start finding those leaks...

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
9/28/21 10:44 a.m.
Tony Sestito said:

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I just ordered a pair of these. They should rejuvenate the interior all by themselves.

A lot of people who weren't around back then have no idea how big Ozzy's solo stuff was in the '80s. Not just the big ones like Diary and Blizzard of Ozz -- all of them were huge. Perfect for this car since the F-bodies usually had to have a few years on them before the metalheads could afford them.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/28/21 10:51 a.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

This will be prowling the streets in pure "Rat Bird" form while blasting 80's Metal out of the 6x9's, so it's like these seat covers were made for it!

13 14 15
Our Preferred Partners
V1DdNZVFwkheeBXSo7yHEz03qASf1o4C3MwDEcZccyO9VOlBdbMRTDQ8nYetT7h4