2 3 4
malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
7/30/21 8:26 p.m.
Sgt_Sizzle said:

malibuguy your threads are an inspiration, I have been reading a TON of GRM threads lately (work is slower then traffic in a Georgia snowstorm) and finally got up the gumption to make myself a profile so I can finally tell people how cool their crap boxes are. I have a buddy with a 2 door 5 spd Tercel that I will definitely be sending these build links to. These make me look at my sisters '96 that's rotting in my parents back yard with a renewed interest.  Keep up the great work and I cant wait to see where these go from here.

I appreciate it dude.  This car has really blossomed this year and I have a lot of plans for it next year.  Floyd, my pink tercel is nearly road ready again, so that is very exciting (for me at least) and I will keep posting about all of them.  I have a hot motor lined up for the 4dr Tercel lurking in my garage, but that is not a priority project atm.

These cars in general fly under the radar, plus there is a lot of autozone tuner variants that keep the mere suggestion of one a joke to most people.

If your sisters 96 aint rotten, get it back on the road!

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
7/31/21 8:07 p.m.

Had an opportunity to get the bastards together 

Also installed some new shifter bearings that replace the rubber bushings.

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
8/6/21 3:19 p.m.

New falken rt660 tires on Enkei RF02 wheels and a made a new quieter rear section using a modified DynoMax SuperTurbo that I dub thee "Super Duper Turbo"

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev New Reader
8/6/21 4:12 p.m.

Awesome thread. I had a 4th-gen with a 4-speed manual back in high school (~2006). Still kick myself for selling it. 

Once put 4 new tires on it for about $110. 

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
8/22/21 8:46 a.m.

some pics from the last event

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
9/11/21 3:56 p.m.

New clutch from Action to hopefully handle the abuse.  The ebay clutch started slipping after boost exceeded 5psi.

Got a new friction for my old Aasco aluminum flywheel (from an old build) and then had it balanced with the new Action plate. 

Put the clutch in this morning along with a new boost gauge from the home land.

2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
3Ugxa4KCPOA6CYqSXdAzL51cmVz4wX8kqwagqcPttH9v8qAOpNK8lpUg1gdSUAuv