AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 8:07 a.m.

Front fender mod = sweet

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
9/22/20 8:20 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks Bud!  Great work going on in your Build thread as well!!

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
10/26/20 1:22 p.m.

I got the wiring about 70 percent finished, which was enough to start it for the first time.

Had to cut the bottom off of the air box to clear the new shock mount.

I also finished up some other odds and ends including the braided steel brake lines. Also did another body work fit up.

When I ran it with the modified airbox it ran very rich, so Ill need to do some rework there.  I did not think I reduced the volume that much, but I must have.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
4/20/21 12:36 p.m.

Its Been a While, Its tough to get motivated to work in the winter in an unheated shop, so all that gets done are emergency repairs.  

One of my winter projects was to build the 3D printer I won and learn to use it.  This lead me to buying a second bigger printer. I can now print 12 x 12 x 14 :-)

Anyway...  I needed new gauges for Problem Child since I was not using the fairings.

I really liked this inexpensive eBay unit:

Its compact and looked like it would be at home on the bike.  but I needed a way to mount it.  I was could make a steel bracket..  but why not design and print something.

So this was my first attempt at a dash/fairing:

It was too long, but I was on the right track.  

Round 2, the dog turned off the printer 27 hours into a 35 hour print...  Oh well, I had enough to at least check fit up of the mounting base and fairing to the headlight.

Thats Better!

For the Final, I moved the dash from the fairing to the base plate.  This lets me wire everything up and mount the gauge and the fairing becomes just a cover.

I still need to fill, sand and paint everything to finish it.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/20/21 12:43 p.m.

In reply to sanyarcosean :

I only came here because you tagged this thread with the word "naked", and I HAD to see...

SVreX (Forum Supporter)

...and because I like you. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)

...but those 2 things are definitely not connected. 

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
4/21/21 11:01 a.m.

Thanks... I think...

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
9/15/21 12:03 p.m.

Life smacked our family in the nads back in May, so its been a while since I posted.  That said, its time to finish this build.

I added a small muffler to quiet her a bit and add some needed back pressure to the exhaust.

Then I worked on wiring..

I filled, sanded and painted the Bikini Fairing

Then Final Asembly!

Then I took her for a quick test ride and had a weird brake noise.  Hmmmm....

Well that would do it...  Dumbass...

I should really put brake pads in...

Nothing left except the obligitory photo shoot!

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
6/22/22 8:51 p.m.

Back from the dead....

Finally broke down and bought a jet kit and started tuning this beast.  Also going back to full fairings.  I liked the half naked look, but from some angles it looked great and others not so much.  Still lots of work to do, but it made it out of the shop and for a quick ride for the first time in a long time.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
6/23/22 10:20 a.m.

Looking good! Have fun jetting, one of my favorite parts

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
6/23/22 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

I think its close..  That said, I noticed a lot of play on one of the carbs throttle shafts when I was putting it back together.  I cant get that one carb in range when I sync, and I cant get it to idle lower than 3,000.  By that I mean that I have the idle adjuster turned full out and it wont idle any lower.  I'm currently cleaning my backup carb set to see if it does any better.  Here is another picture because well pictures.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/23/22 11:24 a.m.

update on amen savior?

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
6/23/22 12:15 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

update on amen savior?

Hopefully Soon.  I'm at a point where I need to throw money at it and am try to fit it into the budget.  Goldie is a long term do it right kinda girl.  I think Project wise, she is 3rd in line at the moment behind Problem Child and Jessica's bike.  I've owed her that one for far too long.  Once those are out of the way I should be able to focus on  the Amen and the Lotus.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DQ193MtgaB7Aa4QQ2PCGleV0Shx4pFfbnjlpGAn3Bh5A9VfbuOQAGzAxwf8kWuoF