ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/31/22 11:38 p.m.

PENDING SALE!!

I'm selling my 1995 Suzuki Cappuccino EA21R, located in Portland, Oregon.

GRM Build Thread

Tons of photos

The Overview:

-Japanese-market kei car, legally imported to the US

-Right hand drive

-Clean Washington title in my name

-Coupe, T-top, Targa, Convertible all in one!

-660cc inline three, five speed manual, RWD, independent suspension

-Super-rare second generation car with alloy block and more torque than the more common early EA11R

-I'm nearly 6'2" and manage to fit...a cozy fit!

-Plenty fast enough to deal with modern traffic if you can locate the gas pedal and aren't scared of revs. Conservatively rated at 64hp and 1500 pounds.

-Approximately 113,500km (~70,500 miles) as of writing. Might go up a touch as I drive it

-Great driver-quality car! Looks good enough driving by, and don't have to fret about the paint. Spend more time driving...who wants to prepare for and go to a concours anyway?

-$9950 GRM price (listed higher elsewhere)

-Generates more smiles and laughs than anything else on the road 

-Willing to provide local assistance for remote buyers

The Good:

-New brake rotors, hard lines, stainless steel flex lines, e-coated rotors, rebuilt front calipers

-Refurbished fuel tank blasted and coated inside and out, new fuel pump, new oversized fuel filter, many new fuel lines

-Newly blasted and powdercoated rear subframe

-Newly blasted and powdercoated protective panels for plumbing along the underside

-New polyurethane differential mount bushings

-New transmission fluid

-Cargo net installed behind the seats

-Rare parts included, but not installed: Suzuki Limited rear spoiler, and Suzuki optional mudflaps, both could use some cosmetic touch-up. New genuine Suzuki bushings for shifter rebuild.

-Apex'i air filter, aftermarket aluminum pedals, aftermarket intercooler piping, aftermarket turbo timer, aftermarket steering wheel, BOV vented to atmosphere, aftermarket exhaust (muffler shop special) Sounds great!

-Brand new Suzuki shift knob (used Trust knob included) and brand new Suzuki shift boot

-Original sleeves for storing the roof panels in the trunk 

-Interior is in great shape, with one tiny tear in the driver's side bolster, loose top to the passenger door card, and an area the dash vinyl has pulled back a tiny bit around a vent, otherwise good.

-Headlights just cut and polished

The Opportunities:

-Original paint is thin in areas.

-Downshifting into second encourages one to master the double-clutch rev-match. laugh It gets a bit better when warm. I honestly think the root of the issue is two-fold...worn synchro, plus worn shifter bushings...new genuine Suzuki shifter and remote bushings included for you to install. New synchros available from Japan if you care to rebuild.

-A little rusty here and there. Not bad for a 27-year-old car from Japan. New England and Midwest guys will probably laugh at me labeling it rusty. Check the photo album above for details.

-Someone with more patience and skill than me might be able to improve the panel gaps around the headlights and front bumper.

-Trunk area carpet was trimmed slightly at some point (check photos for details.) I'm guessing it was for a subwoofer or something else long ago removed.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
9/2/22 8:50 a.m.

Oh man.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/2/22 9:06 a.m.

Very tempting!

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/2/22 10:03 a.m.

I've just spent the purchase price of this car fixing my Boxster.  Let's say I'm thinking this is an outstanding deal.  Always loved these.  Good job I'm married, wrong side of the continent and broke.

meme I made years ago

johndej
johndej SuperDork
9/2/22 10:55 a.m.

Damn that's a tempting fly and drive option but also ~3k mile/1 week trial by fire to get back to east coast.

In reply to johndej :

I can assure you there is room for a toothbrush and a couple pairs of underwear, who needs anything more? laugh

I'm also willing to provide help on the Oregon end if anyone remote is interested in shipping/transport.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
9/4/22 11:24 a.m.
johndej said:

Damn that's a tempting fly and drive option but also ~3k mile/1 week trial by fire to get back to east coast.

Done it!  My roommate and I each packed a backpack and I think it took 3 days to cannonball it back to DE.

Pending sale to a good home with a local buyer from Craigslist...the young couple showed up to check out the Cappo with an SRT10 and a JDM FD RX-7 Turbo! It will be a project car for her. Fingers crossed that it all works out as it seems like it will be a good home for the car.

SOLD; thanks!

nocones
nocones PowerDork
9/8/22 9:43 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

Oh thank heavens.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ojB9ewfVxqMqDoxXI8nFtQ3WdB8KPTvhAFrjWjnzdD96FkbOlX80mfP4h5VTOdiu