1 2 3
dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/9/22 8:43 p.m.

The STI actually gives you a lot over the standard WRX, at least in the early years. My friend had an '04 STI that he nodded and tracked, and I remember he swapped in the '05 hubs. I've heard the entire drivetrain was far more stout in the STI, and I believe there are different drive modes.

From a power perspective, it's not a huge leap because a WRX can be nodded to STI power levels, but from my understanding the drivetrain was the part that was much more stout in the STI. I'm not sure if it's critical for Rallycross, but just wanted to put it out there.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/9/22 9:13 p.m.

In reply to fusion66 :

Private group and I'm not on FB.

5/9/22 9:15 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

Not this week but I will.  I check autotempest, Carfax, car gurus and auto trader.......   I check FB too and if I find something nice, I have my wife give them my info.  I'm not on FB though.  

5/9/22 9:16 p.m.

In reply to dj06482 (Forum Supporter) :

Yes the STI has a better drivetrain but you can get STI drivetrains and not buy the things I don't want like Brembos and a blue interior.

5/12/22 9:07 p.m.

Dang it....  new rallycross in May and I will be in TX.  Subie is in MS and I need to drive truck back to TX to fetch MR2.

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
5/13/22 2:55 p.m.

FAILburu...

Why?? 

crying

5/13/22 5:49 p.m.
billstewartx said:

FAILburu...

Why?? 

crying

Your opinion on this is pretty irrelevant.  I do this in my current Failbaru.  And my Failbaru is the fastest stock car at this venue.  I'm failing quite successfully.

So thanks for trolling!  Why?

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
5/14/22 9:02 a.m.

so the WHY is there is some kind of league where you are gonna spend TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND bucks for a 20 year old used car... to race ... 

what race series is that? ( i am interested to see where a failBuru is the fastest "stock car" ) ... 

5/14/22 11:23 a.m.
billstewartx said:

so the WHY is there is some kind of league where you are gonna spend TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND bucks for a 20 year old used car... to race ... 

what race series is that? ( i am interested to see where a failBuru is the fastest "stock car" ) ... 

Well it's not like it's a secret.  10 minutes of searching posts here will lead you to the answer you seek.   But as we all know, trolls are lazy.  FAILtroll 2.0.

Instead of going for FAILtroll 3.0, figure it out, get a car, get a helmet and come beat me.  That'll be infinitely more fun, right?  

5/16/22 3:09 p.m.

The pain of finding a clean title WRX in mostly stock condition has me looking at JDM drivetrains and cut cars (front clips) again....  Honestly, I was looking for one before I bought my RS, and I'm still looking.  

I swear a lot of them on FB and CL are people that don't really want to sell, but are showing their significant other, "see it's for sale."  Dealer pricing is bonkers just like all other cars right now.  

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
5/16/22 8:02 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:
billstewartx said:

Well it's not like it's a secret.  10 minutes of searching posts here will lead you to the answer you seek.   But as we all know, trolls are lazy.  FAILtroll 2.0.

Instead of going for FAILtroll 3.0, figure it out, get a car, get a helmet and come beat me.  That'll be infinitely more fun, right?  

yea, me and my buddies race Lemons, where all the subarus are Failburus and cost $500 ...

And there are a lot of Subarus, and they all FAIL...

"uh, you guys have an extra Head Gasket laying around? My FailBuru blew a gasket" 

So i am sure we will not be seeing any douchebags racing $25,000 cars at NJMP on June 11...

Nor would we be inhabiting/racing  anyplace  where $25,000 cars are racing... 

But the advantage to racing cheap cars is... it keeps douchebags in $25,000 subarus away... 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/17/22 6:00 a.m.

Sounds like dude who just joined up here ain't gonna be around long. 

my suggestions is that you read this thread. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/forum-rules-welcome-to-the-party/104340/page1/

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/17/22 7:40 a.m.

If this one is legit, there could be enough money left in your budget for some blue paint. Default info says Auto trans, but pics show it's a stick.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/795042765233491/

dps214
dps214 Dork
5/17/22 9:03 a.m.

In my experience "all the mods" with no other information translates to "literally seconds away from blowing up" especially with these cars.

5/17/22 6:32 p.m.

In reply to billstewartx :

So your not going to get a car and helmet and come beat my stock slow NA Failbaru in person after talking all this trash?  I'm so surprised.  Have fun and enjoy your cars.

5/17/22 6:35 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

That is nice and clean but it's pretty far from stock even in the photos.  I don't really want one of these run on various tunes if I can avoid it....  that one is mega clean though and you know I like clean cars lol.

5/17/22 7:08 p.m.

And for the record my Subaru has about $5k in it total.  But you do you!  

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
5/17/22 8:04 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/17/22 8:38 p.m.

I'll be a bit more forceful. 

read this.  https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/forum-rules-welcome-to-the-party/104340/page1/

5/17/22 11:14 p.m.

No, but you are and it's pretty hilarious.  Where I race is pretty well known and documented here.  Come show me :).  Or have a nice day. 

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) Mod Squad
5/18/22 12:23 a.m.

You have e-mail.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/19/22 11:19 a.m.

What is your lemons team name?

5/19/22 12:27 p.m.
clownkiller said:

What is your lemons team name?

Dang it!  I was hoping you had found a nice clean 02-07 WRB WRX in stockish condition with a clean title.......   

Lemons is a cool series, but I still need a faster rallycross Subaru!  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
5/20/22 10:45 a.m.

Did you say you were looking for a project?  It'd be much smarter to start with a coupe, rather than a sedan...but I think finding a hawkeye sedan that doesn't already have a COBB accessport, CAI and turbo-back exhaust is even more rare these days.

5/20/22 11:31 a.m.

I agree but 2D coupes are dang hard to find these days. 

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
EL2AI7TkJMyTQlBHHdtqkTSplm9rjvX7hISKm5Ha5mK4MJxtXckBfUZr2cJrgMQ3