Now, you did this on purpose!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
1/9/23 10:34 p.m.

Wow.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
1/10/23 7:37 a.m.

Very nice.  Step one for me would be to move the battery to the trunk.

Broadspeed
Broadspeed New Reader
1/10/23 9:30 a.m.

In reply to JoeTR6 :

That would be good idea once it is in your garage!

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
1/10/23 9:38 a.m.

I'm having that weird emotion that is annoyance at myself that I don't want this more.  

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
1/26/23 8:37 p.m.

Interesting...

The flares remind me of the set Dobi sold back in the 80s.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
2/10/23 11:46 a.m.

Very unique car.  Were the flares part of the original conversion circa 1973?  They certainly change the body lines of the car - particularly in the rear - not to mention the character.  Tough to put a value on something this rare, yet kindof obscure.  Good thing I'm not in the market.  ;-)  

GLWS, hope it finds a good home and a quality restoration.  

tr8todd
tr8todd SuperDork
2/15/23 7:52 a.m.

Many years ago, maybe around 1990, there was a brown capri turbo for sale at one of the Carlisle import events. Car was $5500. I lusted after it badly. Had the money in my pocket. Was hesitant because of the whole turbo thing. Ended up not buying the car and have always considered that car as one that got away. Same year there was a red Alfetta I didnt pull the trigger on.  Two of life's regrets. Any chance this is the same car?  I do have a history of tracking down and buying my regret cars years later. 

TheNascarDude
TheNascarDude
3/15/23 10:25 a.m.

I owned a 73' eggshell blue Mercury Capri back in 84 and I've been on the hunt for another,but, this one makes me wanna puke. Good Luck......

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yrLZOP44On0Gt8S60WROnjgxB4a3bL1LHuKM2d2pWG2ANrzJxC2wgOZE1auFex5m