ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
2/11/22 6:07 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8BmsGUgPinw

Thanks to events like Radwood, cars from the ‘80s and ‘90s have significantly gained popularity in recent years. What does this mean for enthusiasts and collectors alike? Prices for these cars are also on the rise.

Here are the top five Rad-era cars you should add to your collecti…

Watch more videos

RWP
RWP New Reader
2/12/22 12:03 p.m.

Great discussion!

Two slightly oddball additions....

1st generation VW Scirocco, not a lot of power, but lightweight, great looking, and super handling.

More a 90's car, but Saab 900S.  Had a 4-door, manual, in black.  125 hp, but great handling, very comfortable, and practical, with a lot of head-turning style.

CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter)
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) New Reader
2/13/22 3:01 p.m.

Good vid.

Kinda surprised I don't see more preludes in the mix at radwood type events. It feels like there are a great number of nice examples out there compared to similar generations of civic/integra. 

sfisher71
sfisher71 New Reader
2/13/22 4:19 p.m.

So I got a '91 318is a little over two years ago (and yes, I have your series on it bookmarked). I've been puttering around with it, mostly adressing cosmetic issues -- but I love it. It answers a question I started asking when I bought my first NA Miata in 2007: what four-seat car has the same kind of light, agile feel and zingy, responsive engine? (It helps that the M42B18 had almost exactly the specs of an NA8, in a chassis only a little heavier.)

Every few months, someone will leave a note under the windshield wiper, or stop us in a parking lot, asking if we are interested in selling it. Not right now, thanks... 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/14/22 7:37 a.m.

I've been wondering about BMW e36 Tourings - are people in fact bringing them in to the US?  This is the first I've actually seen them mentioned.

Our Preferred Partners
4fI8jtILp58hwO2bLkVpqlSkUcoeUOZgDDnnSs7riNYyRKYYQ4srqV7P5aqNmsIe