10/9/18 1:43 p.m.

This story ran in an old issue of Classic Motorsports. Want to make sure you're reading all the latest stories? Subscribe now.

Story by Peter Brock • Photo by Tim Suddard

Classic design never fades. It may take some time for that truth to sink in, ’specially if you’re a 14-year-old kid searching…

Read the rest of the story

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
10/10/18 6:33 a.m.

I wish I could write as well as Peter Brock.  His clarity and brevity really sum up my life.  I feel sorry for today’s youth  who won’t be able to enjoy  the simple pleasures of open air motoring like MG T-Series provide.  

Stuffed into the highly protected and electronically numbing cacoons that modern cars are. Absolutely they are more efficient and safer.  A feeling so highly prized children seek out safe, smooth, and efficient rides at amusement parks.  

russellsifers
russellsifers New Reader
3/7/19 9:22 p.m.

I saw my first MG, a TD,  around 1960 at age 12 or so.  It was black with red interior and was setting in our driveway!   No, it was not my dad's but a friend of his.  I thought it was the coolest car - until I saw a TC.  It was love at first sight.  I saved up my National Guard money and bought my TC in 1971.  It had been rode hard and put away wet but it ran.  I drove it for two years and then did an amateaur restoration on the body, wood and paint.  I still have it.  The TC needs another  restoration, a complete one,  but all the mechanicals have been rebuilt and I run it at the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival each year.  I drive it year round but sometimes I just stand there at look at my first love and smile.

Our Preferred Partners
pJeQ9fRa6zIswEsPNZXCgVje6tbGGaPVyhqODE9SoY9eqnraj4LrkAsy9mhPKNGX