David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/1/11 8:44 a.m.

For those of you not snowed in, what's on your to-do list this weekend? I think some of us will be here: http://www.allbritishcarclub.com/carshow.htm

dougie
dougie Reader
4/1/11 9:24 a.m.

Most motorheads in the Northwest will be here: http://www.portlandswapmeet.com/ Billed as the largest swamp meet west of the Mississippi, I always find something I don't need.

Dougie

Gary
Gary Reader
4/1/11 11:42 a.m.

David I'm jealous. You'll probably be walking around in short sleeves. We won't see any significant outdoor auto events around Southern New England until May. The weather here in RI this weekend is finally supposed to improve and be sunny and in the low 50s. So maybe I'll disconnect the battery tender frim my Miata and take it for a spin. But I'll still leave my snow blower poised for action for another month or so ... just in case.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
4/1/11 12:24 p.m.

After a trip to the dump tomorrow, I hope to spend some overdue time working on the Volvo and/or Spitfire... then the E30 on Sunday... Need to take of advantage of the cold dreary days when I don't want to ride.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
4/1/11 12:29 p.m.

It's supposed to be cold and raining this weekend.

I'm either going to play with trains with my son, or go to a train show.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
4/1/11 2:30 p.m.

BRUMOS jaxinville having a open house swap meet saturday //////////// gonna spend weekend on triumph stag needs battery changed and wash getting ready to trip to grand am barber al

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
4/1/11 4:02 p.m.

After the insanity this week my wife has granted me some well deserved garage time.

FIAT needs some work so I can be ready for racing.

It will be nice too see some warm temps too.

Still wants to snow I think.

Series6
Series6 Reader
4/2/11 1:18 p.m.

If I don't get my yard work done before I play with the Alpine, it won't get done. So I'm weeding.... The carrot at the end of the stick is a little more seat time before the oncoming early summer...... Like my friend says, "Hell isn't a threat when you've spent summer in Phoenix..."

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
4/2/11 1:39 p.m.

A morning well spent.

Shinsen774
Shinsen774 Reader
4/2/11 8:10 p.m.

I'll be in Williamsburg, Virginia tomorrow at the European & British Car Show at the intersection of the Chickohominy and James Rivers (actually the adjacent land).

oldtin
oldtin Dork
4/2/11 10:06 p.m.

Swapped a new to me engine in the baby ninja. Still have to clean the carbs. Thinking of running it naked or cafe it out. Tempted to make a cycle car after I rebuild the old engine.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
4/3/11 9:29 p.m.

Spent Saturday swapping snow tires for the summer tires on the wife's Toyota 4WD pickup, then getting the MR2 running and cleaned off for the summer (yay!).

Spent today (Sunday) watching 7.5 inches of new snow fall (boo!), but sent in my entry for the year's first track day later this month - now doing my anti-snow dance.

lasttr
lasttr New Reader
4/4/11 12:41 a.m.

I went to the Portland Swap Meet hoping to find a four barrel manifold for my TR8; managed to leave without buying anything. I was tempted by two Studebaker GT Hawks, as well as two Studebaker pickups.

dougie
dougie Reader
4/4/11 12:54 a.m.

I was there Friday and Saturday and found nothing to haul home as well.

Dougie

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
4/4/11 8:15 a.m.

I failed miserably at getting anything done.

Raze
Raze Dork
4/4/11 8:17 a.m.

Friday I worked on converting the rear drums of the XR4 to discs.

Saturday I drove the Fiat down to the Georgia Tech Autoshow, and broke down on the way home, but fixed it, but found other broken things so decided to let the flatbed bring it home (irony!). I got to park between a De Tematso Mangusta and a Lamborghini Urraco. I got to talk with the owner of the Maserati Kahmsin featured in Classic Motorsports Magazine a few months back as he was at the show.

Sunday I went to Caffeine and Octane in Alpharetta, it's turned into a HUGE carshow in the parking lot of AMC/Starbucks, it's on the order of 10 times bigger than the GT Autoshow and it happens once a month. There was everything from a Triumph Stag to a Lancia Scorpio, to several early Land Rovers, more early porsches than I can shake a stick at, an early Lotus Elan, Studebaker Hawk, and on and on (it had modern cars too, a GTM Factory Five, Mercedes SLS, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc.)

rconlon
rconlon HalfDork
4/6/11 1:04 p.m.

My Bro and I checked out the parts that I could find of Route 66 west of Oklahoma City. The towns are very western but the actual road between them is hard to find. Cheers Ron

Series6
Series6 Reader
4/6/11 1:35 p.m.
lasttr wrote: I went to the Portland Swap Meet hoping to find a four barrel manifold for my TR8; managed to leave without buying anything. I was tempted by two Studebaker GT Hawks, as well as two Studebaker pickups.

I might suggest that, when members of this forum find something nice but we can't use, we might take the information and contact data of the seller. In the event someone has an interest in a Studebaker pick up, or something else, they could PM the poster and transfer the info. Sort of like "Ran when parked" except for cars that could be saved..... Like a "Look what I found" section...

Just an idea.

lasttr
lasttr New Reader
4/7/11 12:20 a.m.

Great idea. But I'm probably safer if I don't find a Studebaker that I can afford. My wife tells me I have to get rid of a car if I want to buy a car. She seems to think that six is too many. I saw yet another GT Hawk parked in a yard along a country road today. I just had to keep going. But I will be down that road again.

lasttr
lasttr New Reader
4/15/11 10:44 p.m.

After spending last week with my TR8 in the Oregon rain, tonight I got the TR6 out for a sunny Alaska evening drive. I was planning to do chores this weekend, clean the garage and start recovering the TR6's seats, but I might have to go driving first.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
5/4/11 8:10 a.m.

I have a race car to get prepped. Someone just reminded me I only have 6 weeks till my first event.

Yikes.

So I should be able to complete the oil system, but I feel I'm forgetting something big...

Oh yeah. MOTHER's Day on Sunday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UqklsnSJCyxCb6g8HPrHSM0kGVRlcnaUgBor8MiMP5qJ5xKucpMQxFc3HuhJqYV9