1 2 3 4
Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
10/8/11 2:39 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:

As much as I love the way that car looks just the way it is, I have to say what everyone else is already thinking. Needs massive tires and box flares!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/8/11 3:05 p.m.

In reply to Junkyard_Dog: A few conversations with Nascho and I am convinced he could make that car a competent cone carver.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
10/8/11 3:21 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: In reply to Junkyard_Dog: A few conversations with Nascho and I am convinced he could make that car a competent cone carver.

Sweet! Then tint the windows just enough to hide whats inside and black out the admittedly awesome fab work you can see from the back for the super-stealth look.

GTB_ZR1
GTB_ZR1
10/8/11 3:27 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

Yeah, Joey--that Monster Civic is probably the most tossable car I've ever driven. Unfortunately, they were having power issues--especially on the last run.. They told me it was effectively running on 3 cylinders, before I started my runs w/ it.

It ran a 45.0 raw (I just nicked a cone) during the heat of the day after the track had slowed. I truly believe it would have been in the hunt for FTD, IMO.

I think it if they can get the power delivery fully sorted, our Northern friends may secure the AutoX crown in the future. My .02...

George B.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop New Reader
10/8/11 3:56 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
JamesMcD wrote: Can someone tell me what kind of wheels these are?
Not sure of the brand or style, so I'll just call those wheels the awesome kind.

Racing Hart D/Spec Superlative Dish. They look pretty good from 10 feet away, but pretty rough up close. I wish I had the center caps.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
10/8/11 4:28 p.m.
GTB_ZR1 wrote: I It ran a 45.0 raw (I just nicked a cone) during the heat of the day after the track had slowed. I truly believe it would have been in the hunt for FTD, IMO. I think it if they can get the power delivery fully sorted, our Northern friends may secure the AutoX crown in the future. My .02... George B.

Not bad though, considering the development time consisted of running a bunch of concentric clockwise circles.

They should spend the next year developing the car. Next year it will contend for sure.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/8/11 4:42 p.m.

Our Car. I am pretty sure. It was the only car to tow a trailer down.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/8/11 4:47 p.m.

I loved this car.

Gasoline
Gasoline New Reader
10/8/11 4:48 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
JamesMcD wrote: Can someone tell me what kind of wheels these are?
Not sure of the brand or style, so I'll just call those wheels the awesome kind.

OZ Racing used to sell some wheels that look close to those.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/8/11 4:51 p.m.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
10/8/11 5:05 p.m.

How did the Subie powered Volkswagon fare?

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
10/8/11 5:32 p.m.

Blew up on the road outside the track

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
10/8/11 5:41 p.m.
turbojunker wrote: Blew up on the road outside the track

Now that's gotta suck.

I was really looking forward to see how it did overall. That's a swap that makes sense

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/8/11 7:37 p.m.
GTB_ZR1 wrote: In reply to JoeyM: Yeah, Joey--that Monster Civic is probably the most tossable car I've ever driven. Unfortunately, they were having power issues--especially on the last run.. They told me it was effectively running on 3 cylinders, before I started my runs w/ it. It ran a 45.0 raw (I just nicked a cone) during the heat of the day after the track had slowed. I truly believe it would have been in the hunt for FTD, IMO. I think it if they can get the power delivery fully sorted, our Northern friends may secure the AutoX crown in the future. My .02... George B.

Hey George,

Good to see you here.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/8/11 7:42 p.m.
bluej wrote: What happened w/ the failure?

Do you mean the bent rim? It came off the car with enough speed to get bent like that when it hit the trailer.

Do you mean the pretty subie-powered 914? Spun bearing...

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
10/8/11 8:45 p.m.

man I wish I could've been there. Looking at the photos in my hotel room in Iowa and nreally feeling home sick.

However, in a few days when I reach Monterey, I may forget about you guys.....

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
10/8/11 9:00 p.m.

We had 0 psi on1 cylinder and still managed a 45.7 sec autocross time and a 10th place overall finish - couldnt be happier as top 10 was my goal!!

J.McCreery

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/8/11 9:03 p.m.

I just added 31 pictures from Dad.
https://picasaweb.google.com/105144711517507449576/GRM2011Challenge

My favorites of his shots:

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
10/8/11 9:10 p.m.

My choices for Magazine cover are:
Colorful e30: visual appeal
Super flared K Car: awesome-ness
Ken Block Civic: new reader/young appeal

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
10/8/11 9:18 p.m.

Sorry I'm stealing this picture.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/8/11 9:23 p.m.

^^ That was from the red firebird with checkerboard sides. That's the only one I photographed, but they also replaced every plaque under the hood with equally witty stuff.

Shortcutsleeping
Shortcutsleeping New Reader
10/11/11 10:08 p.m.

Pre-event shakedown.

TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!!

Costas

cars and such...

Argo1
Argo1 New Reader
10/11/11 11:03 p.m.

All the shots that I took at the event (190 of them) can be found at www.alsoranracing.com Some good, some bad, some pointless.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
10/12/11 11:46 a.m.
VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
10/14/11 10:46 a.m.

My paltry album:

Where else but the Challenge would you see these 3 cars in the same place these days? Favorite pic:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8S09BLpNKpoRIjC2o7TZEtXE7xLqgCW6i34TzntDX6PDUr2aNpCvWGGYJEqVuRvO