1 2 3
wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/4/14 9:14 p.m.

Ed (with his brother) and I (with my wife) are signed up for Drag Week. Ed is bringing the Challenge Mustang, and I am bringing the Gasser Stude.

We (Paula and I) will be traveling Pa > Oh > and onto Oklahoma.

2011 I met Clem in Missouri and did a car show with him.

2013 We met up with folks in Ohio...(Steve, I have been trying to call you.) and the Dorsey brother came to our rescue in Indiana.

Drag Week 2014 will be at:

Tulsa Dragway - 9/7 & 8 - Tulsa, Oklahoma

Heartland Park - 9/9 - Topeka, Kansas

Thunder Valley - 9/10 - Lexington, Oklahoma

S.R.C.A. - 9/11 - Great Bend, Kansas

Tulsa - 9/12 & 13.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/4/14 10:26 p.m.

Text sent Andy, talk tomorrow

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
9/4/14 10:34 p.m.

In reply to wheels777:

Good Luck man

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
9/4/14 10:39 p.m.

drop me off some skinny slot mags for the front of my plymouth on your way through ohio

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/5/14 1:13 a.m.
patgizz wrote: drop me off some skinny slot mags for the front of my plymouth on your way through ohio

They went with the sale of our first Henry J. BTW, I have a stock Henry for sale....but no more skinny slots.

That reminds me, I am available to GRM express parts half way across the country. I have a hood and 2 bumpers headed to Okla...but that a whole story we'll share later

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/5/14 4:44 a.m.

Good luck! I am jealous that you guys will be there without me. :-)

stan
stan UltraDork
9/5/14 6:41 a.m.

Hopefully your schedule will allow you to stop and sup with us again -and I'm sure Steve is working on that.

Regardless, good luck and have fun on your trip!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/5/14 6:42 a.m.

Good luck to you guys.
I'm trying to figure out how I can drive my son up there to take it all in. He lives for the Drag Week issues of hot rod.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
9/5/14 7:58 a.m.

Best of luck!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/5/14 8:01 a.m.

Good luck guys! I look forward to hearing all about it by the pool at the Challenge.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/5/14 8:59 a.m.
stan wrote: Hopefully your schedule will allow you to stop and sup with us again -and I'm sure Steve is working on that. Regardless, good luck and have fun on your trip!

Looks doable. We'll try for supper.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/6/14 5:30 a.m.

Dinner with Stan Dorsey in Cloverdale, Indiana. Drove to Vanvallia, Illinios for the night. 750 miles down. 450 to go today.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
9/6/14 11:49 a.m.

If you guys are drag week, keep an eye out for a pink or purple coloed amc amx with an older guy named chapper bob. You will not be able to miss him for sure. He is from up by me in wiscpnsin. Good luck andy.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/7/14 2:50 p.m.

Been getting text updates and pics...looks like both Ed and Andrew are in Tulsa and going through tech.

From the pics from Andrew and the Hot Rod Facebook feed, the big guns are out this year. Jeff Lutz ran a test pass last night and pulled the chutes at the 1000 for mark and still went through at 6.78 @ 168 mph!

I can't wait to waste my day tomorrow watching the live feed!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/7/14 4:46 p.m.

Those text updates are awesome

Planning on meeting with Andy and Paula on their way back home, probably around N Dayton off 70. Date to be confirmed

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/8/14 12:49 p.m.

Nelson: 11.24 @ 116

Malle: 11.34 @ 122

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/8/14 6:01 p.m.

Is there a place to get the times other than the live streaming? I can't consistentently stream from the house to the garage and as much as I love Hot Rod, their website sucks.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/8/14 6:18 p.m.

They usually post results by day, but they often aren't uploaded until that evening. At least that was the case last year....I generally knew where I was in the mix when I arrived at the next hotel.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/9/14 6:44 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Is there a place to get the times other than the live streaming? I can't consistentently stream from the house to the garage and as much as I love Hot Rod, their website sucks.

Day 1 results:

http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/2014_hot_rod_drag_week_day_one_results/

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/9/14 12:14 p.m.

Malle: 11.1

Nelson: 11.3

As I understand it, both are off to Noble, OK from Topeka, KS.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/9/14 12:33 p.m.

Thanks for keeping this up Pat. Eagerly following along.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
9/9/14 5:03 p.m.

Saw a s10 knock off a 6.99, holy cow!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/9/14 5:17 p.m.

Only kind of an S10. Carbon bodied purpose built car that resembles an S10. Sort of.

This gives a pretty good look at it. Doomsday S10

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
9/9/14 6:49 p.m.

Yeah, the same can be said for the other cars in class. The unlimited class is a revival of worlds fastest streetcar/fastest streetcar shootout from the late 90s I remember going to Joliet in 97 and watching them in the "street cars" and being blown away. Then wandering through the pits and not finding street cars at all.

Can't deny the builds themselves though.

ryanty22
ryanty22 Dork
9/9/14 7:05 p.m.

Just for "DRAG" week

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eCxfs1tewdwjwcBcZiC6ZDcM6oftj3Gsq2DwJUOKzGI3dM2ET4FgSe4suvHRcPiy