1 2 3 4 5
P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
1/22/23 10:32 a.m.

Following and looking forward to getting time to listen to the first one. I like the timeframe, that's a typical shower length for me. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/22/23 3:26 p.m.

I just binged them all while working in the shop. Great work!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/22/23 3:30 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Well, the next episode has ALL NEW AUDIO EQUIPMENT so it is only better from here on out!

Opti
Opti SuperDork
1/22/23 4:08 p.m.

Listened to it this morning. I enjoyed it, hope yall keep it up.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
1/23/23 8:00 a.m.

Thank goodness, I started listening while I was working on my car and found out the hard way that I had a lot more work than podcast lol. I can't wait to listen to the next episode, I really enjoy it. It's a great format and you guys have awesome chemistry, it's a pleasure to listen!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/24/23 7:53 p.m.

We are around 400 total downloads. Thank you all so much for your support!

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
1/31/23 3:07 p.m.

livememe.com - Dave Chappelle - Y'all Got Any More

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/31/23 4:10 p.m.

In reply to AMiataCalledSteve :

Ha ha, coming Sunday. We may bump it up to weekly if we can start getting two episodes at a time recorded. 

I love this though. 

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
1/31/23 10:10 p.m.

Ive been toying with the idea of a podcast.  I just need some people to riff with.

Anyways I will give it a listen tomorrow at work I have been looking for something new to listen to

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
2/2/23 8:39 p.m.

In reply to malibuguy :

We've been enjoying it so far.  After our first 4 recording sessions we decided we liked it enough to buy an audio interface and some microphones to try to level up on sound quality.  I think everyone should notice a difference this Sunday when episode 5 drops.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
2/2/23 9:37 p.m.

I have subscribed. Interesting, and I'm looking forward to more.

A couple of points on the panther platform. My first year of production 79 LTD had a C4 transmission, so to compensate for the lack of overdrive, it had a 2.26:1 rear end. It also was fairly light by 2023 standards at 3700 lbs. I was listening while working in the garage, or I might have been able to add some more panther trivia, but I wasn't able to do brakes and take notes at the same time.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/2/23 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

That is downright bonkers. Thanks for sharing. 

This is definitely a worthwhile thing for me to mention. We are definitely not experts and WILL get things wrong. Please correct us! We may use it as a kick in the butt to record an On The Rack episode. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/5/23 9:32 a.m.

The next episode is live! The times they are a changin'.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/19/23 5:52 p.m.

Episode 6 is up! In this one, Alan assumes that I (Jordan) only have two years to live. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/19/23 6:14 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

The last episode filled a good half hour as I drove and hour across "the ponzi state."  It left me wanting for more.  Tomorrow I'll again be driving across the state and thanks for more.  

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/19/23 6:22 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Happy to provide some entertainment!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/20/23 8:08 a.m.

I subscribed on spotify just now. Can't wait to start listening. I spend countless hours in my work van driving and listening to pods. One thing to keep in mind is that you may have many more listeners than you think. I never download, just stream. It used to be that the software only counted downloads and not streamers. That may not be the case anymore but if it is I'd say you could easily double your download count for actual listener count. Not that that helps with sponsors but it might help you stay on the air with a passion project.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/20/23 8:34 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

In 2000 I bought a 69k mile MR2 off the budget lot of a small town Ford dealership for $3k. I was not yet married (2003) and owned my home (mortgage.) Adding that MR2 then meant that my stable was...  1990 Miata (summer car and autoxer) , 1988 MR2 SC (nice weather DD) and a 1997 240sx (bad weather DD)

I enjoyed today's podcast.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/20/23 8:39 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

The funny thing is that your bad weather DD is likely worth more than any of the other three given equal conditions, though a pristine 90 Miata is likely getting up there. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/20/23 8:42 a.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

That is interesting. I will have to see if that is still the case. Thanks!

At this point, we aren't looking to make money off this. Maybe at some point once we get a better handle on all of this. However, I do laser engraving for work if anyone has any strong ideas about getting some Merch to help pay for equipment and online hosting fees. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/20/23 9:17 a.m.

Back in those years I was putting in a lot of business miles cover by employee reimbursement. I went from 1995 Civic EX coupe manual (in retrospect, probably the best single car I ever owned.). 

I later traded that for 1996 Accord sedan, 4cyl auto. Dull but effective. 

I went looking for an Accord coupe when I came across an off lease, 97 240sx but with auto. It was a great tourer type car but generally slow. 

I only kept the MR2 for 4 years and sold it during a stint of unemployment.  It was starting to develop rear wheel well rust bubbles and soon it would typically drop in value significantly. The buy flew in from St Louis and drove it home. 

I kept the Miata up until just a few months ago. 

The Nissan was later replaced with a Volvo 850 na wagon but manual trans.   The Volvo later was sold to my nephew when I got a 2010 Escape as a company car. 

The Nissan sold quickly to a young Asian kid from Columbus, OH. I was sure he would wrap it around a pole in the first snow storm. I never heard anything more about the car. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/21/23 8:23 a.m.

Spotted in the wild in rustbelt Ohio...

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/21/23 9:11 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Wow! What a survivor!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/5/23 2:44 p.m.

It's that time of Sunday again! We posted episode 7. If you have questions or want to talk about something in an episode, please email us at junkconisr@gmail.com. If you send mean comments, I will forward them directly to Alan. 

Opti
Opti SuperDork
3/5/23 6:02 p.m.

Thanks for the shout out on the last episode. Unfortunately I couldnt be in a junkyard this time, I listened to it under a 57 Chevy. Hope you guys make the jump to weekly, ive greatly enjoyed all the episodes.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dSfeDYDnPTmyXM2t478fUhYzwasN8Lg2gxLGkGvWr77iXfk3vnzQW90DmWe34prE