1 2 3
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/30/21 12:19 p.m.

Taking off now. 

Cant wait to lay eyes on her, and take her out of her climate controlled 5 years of previous life and do a nice back country long drive home scenic avoiding highways 

 

 

 

 

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/30/21 12:26 p.m.

Leaving 84F to go to 30F - yikes

 

i was doing 6-7 fly and drive home per year,  before covid. Be nice to get back it again 

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/30/21 2:48 p.m.

Next flight 

 

how appropriate 

 

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
12/1/21 8:00 a.m.

Out of curiousity, what will you do with it now? Being so low miles, and investment grade, do you mothball it? Or YOLO and just enjoy?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/2/21 10:52 a.m.
fatallightning said:

Out of curiousity, what will you do with it now? Being so low miles, and investment grade, do you mothball it? Or YOLO and just enjoy?

I am going to enjoy it. To give you an example, I sold two investment grade FJ62 this year. One fetched 67K, and the next one is getting probably 50K or so (awaiting listing). 

My dads friend, 2nd owner, sold his FJ62, used, not investment grade, but all records, and excellent condition, 400K miles, and got $35,000.  So thats a 15K delta between him enjying 20 years and my mint one selling. 

 

FJ Cruiser Ultimate Editions will be hitting $100K, there is no doubt about it. It is the Supra/RX7/300zx, of the SUV world. The hipsters are all gearing up.   So if I use it for 5 years (and get 65K) I am ok with it.  

 

Slow on pics. Had fun. GOt home. Took 17 hours. 20.9 MPG, 4 mPG better than my red one. Dealership that did the PPI for me, was nice enough to wash it. We did the transfer there (as owner picked up his new 200 HE there).

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/2/21 11:19 a.m.

Owner gave me the white grille - Heritage one - car should be wearing

 

First gas stop middle of night - cheap gas woohooo

 

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/2/21 11:19 a.m.

Lunch spot

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/2/21 11:39 a.m.

Same place, with my red, few years apart

 

 

 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/2/21 11:41 a.m.

Man, what a gorgeous truck and setting! Good score.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/2/21 11:41 a.m.

Couple of more

Even though I prefer the red colour more, the blue's suspension is amazing, factory reservoir shocks make it so smooth. I also like the interior more, my red interior OEM is super gaudy. Of course having the crawl control on the blue is added bonus, and who doesnt like ceiling mounted buttons. Overall very pleased with it. 

 

 

 

 

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/2/21 11:42 a.m.
dculberson said:

Man, what a gorgeous truck and setting! Good score.

Thank you sir!!!! :)

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/2/21 11:43 a.m.

Home at last

 

 

 

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 1:16 p.m.

Well, just finished a 2,811 mile trip in the TTUE. Performed fantastically. Did 20.96 MPG, which is a consistent 4 MPG better than my Red TT. Had a great time with 4 people in all their gear. This TTUE has slept in a climate control garage first 5 years of its life. Now it had almost 4500 miles in 2.5 months!!

 

 

 

 

 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
1/10/22 3:56 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

What're you doing with 200 series?  I'm playing around with buying one to replace the R.  I tried to email you thru here but it bounced back on me

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 6:28 p.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

What're you doing with 200 series?  I'm playing around with buying one to replace the R.  I tried to email you thru here but it bounced back on me

Which 200?

 

I have 3 now, LOL. 2 HE Edition (both delivery miles - one sitting at the Montana property, one at Joshua tree - both mine)  and 1 standard -at home (wife's one doing nothing). I am original owner of all 3.  None are currently for sale. I will ask wife, if she wants to dump hers (sub 3K miles 2017).

Thought you swore off LC, after the bad luck you had with the GX?

 I am not sure why GRM bounces emails back. 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
1/11/22 9:23 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Ha!  I'd love a Heritage Edition without the 3rd row seats, that said, a 2017 works just fine too.  I could use a larger vehicle, the Land Cruiser is heavy enough that I can use the tax code to depreciate it completely in one year, so I can knock 1/3 of the purchase price out of it.  That lets me drive it for free for quite a long time.

Then when I'm done with it, sell it and not lose any money.  That's attractive to me even though I typically like cars that are hooligans vs a large SUV.  Plus the Land Cruisers seem to be built to a better standard compared to the GX's...

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/11/22 10:36 a.m.

Nice, congratulations!  I had a smurf blue FJ with the white roof for a few years and loved it.  Built like a tank, absolutely indestructible.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/13/22 6:23 p.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Ha!  I'd love a Heritage Edition without the 3rd row seats, that said, a 2017 works just fine too.  I could use a larger vehicle, the Land Cruiser is heavy enough that I can use the tax code to depreciate it completely in one year, so I can knock 1/3 of the purchase price out of it.  That lets me drive it for free for quite a long time.

Then when I'm done with it, sell it and not lose any money.  That's attractive to me even though I typically like cars that are hooligans vs a large SUV.  Plus the Land Cruisers seem to be built to a better standard compared to the GX's...

Yup most of my fleet is all section 179 . Gotta love the american government 

 

one of my HE is 7 row and one HE is 5 row 

 

i was up to 19 land cruisers at one time. Down to 8 right now 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/13/22 6:24 p.m.
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) said:

Nice, congratulations!  I had a smurf blue FJ with the white roof for a few years and loved it.  Built like a tank, absolutely indestructible.

Yeah they are great cars. Yours must have been the early voodoo blue

 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/13/22 7:29 p.m.

That's like 100k in trucks right now. TWO trail teams? I'm impressed. Especially as an ultimate. 

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/13/22 8:32 p.m.

I had one of the first FJC in Yellow.  More people stopped me to ask about it than all my other cars combined.  I felt like a rock star.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel the same about the FJC.  Outside vision sucked, the back seat sucked.  The stupid half door sucked.  I prefer my TRD Pro 4Runner.  I'm on my second.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
1/14/22 10:49 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Well shoot me an email if you wanna get that land cruiser number down to 7.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/14/22 2:42 p.m.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/14/22 2:42 p.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Well shoot me an email if you wanna get that land cruiser number down to 7.

Lets see if wife wants to :) 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/14/22 2:43 p.m.
maj75 (Forum Supporter) said:

I had one of the first FJC in Yellow.  More people stopped me to ask about it than all my other cars combined.  I felt like a rock star.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel the same about the FJC.  Outside vision sucked, the back seat sucked.  The stupid half door sucked.  I prefer my TRD Pro 4Runner.  I'm on my second.

To each his own of course. Makes the world a fun place 

 

had a great time with 4 people 2800 mile road trip :) . How you feel about the FJC, I feel about the T4R. Never owned on, never will, not my cup of tea. 

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
dLncduBR6xXGjOM65dwAqDNTEll6Mm9KNxEBaPs6wbGtZ8V6zp5K7PLdD5suSIBN