4 5 6
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/22/21 6:45 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Prince approved. Now go party like it's 1999 (or some other distant date that seems like it will never come.) 

Baby, you're much too fast! 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
11/22/21 6:57 p.m.

Having just brought an early C4 back to life I am suddenly quite familiar with them.  They are...underwhelming.  When I drive it I think it is funny, but that's about all it has going for it.   Have your fun, sell it for what you paid and move on to the next one.  

The one nice thing about Corvettes is that any part you could possibly need is available, usually for reasonable prices.  

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/27/21 10:18 p.m.
Turbine
Turbine Reader
11/29/21 11:22 p.m.

Is this 80s and quirky enough? I shouldn't want it, but I kinda do.

Tk8398
Tk8398 HalfDork
11/29/21 11:34 p.m.
Turbine said:

Is this 80s and quirky enough? I shouldn't want it, but I kinda do.

The automatic one doesn't have a lot of the cool stuff the manual one had if I remember correctly.

Turbine
Turbine Reader
11/30/21 12:48 a.m.

In reply to Tk8398 :

Ah damn. That's unfortunate.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
11/30/21 6:38 a.m.

The Citation X11 definitely is quirky.  I decided not to go with that early C4, as it just wasn't quite right.  If I'm going to go C4, I'd go with a later model as they got the 300hp LT1.  However, not sure it really meets the oddball/quirk factor I'm looking for.

Just bought the Subaru wagon that tb posted for sale yesterday, so I'm in process of getting that from PA to GA.  Still on the lookout for something odd from the 80's or 90's.  Capri is still on the list, but not ready to pull the trigger on it yet.  

Blunder
Blunder New Reader
12/8/21 10:06 p.m.

Oldsmobile trofeo

12/9/21 6:07 a.m.

I thought about the Trofeo, as it's definitely rare and quirky.  I'm flying up to Philly next weekend with my 17 year old son and we're picking up the Subaru I bought last week.  We're going to drive it home and hopefully on the way, pick up a car from the '80s/'90s...or two. laugh

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/9/21 7:06 a.m.
Sonic said:

Having just brought an early C4 back to life I am suddenly quite familiar with them.  They are...underwhelming.  When I drive it I think it is funny, but that's about all it has going for it.   Have your fun, sell it for what you paid and move on to the next one.  

The one nice thing about Corvettes is that any part you could possibly need is available, usually for reasonable prices.  

Details needed!  Wanna sell it??

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
12/9/21 10:12 a.m.

This is the an incredibly GRM thread... and I'm loving it! I'll add...

Eagle summit with a 4G63 swap

Mazda 626 turbo hatchback

Festiva with a B6 swap

If it were me I would probably be after a SHO just so I could stare at the intake runners all day. Or the Merkur, or the Turbo Thunderbird.

johndej
johndej Dork
12/21/21 1:16 p.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/21/21 5:05 p.m.

I went a little further back (1977) for my sub 8K "quirky" car. This will be coming to MD hopefully soon, found here on GRM. Bumpers and front/rear valances have been re-installed.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/21/21 5:41 p.m.
DrBoost said:
Sonic said:

Details needed!  Wanna sell it??

Klayfish has a line on a "driver grade" 92 C4 in Atlanta that you might like. 

1/14/22 9:47 a.m.

Bringing this back around, and showing the conclusion.  I parked this in my driveway last night. It's not super quirky, but it is certainly becoming rather rare. I also got it for a super, super, super great deal. It needed a set of tires, a battery, and a left rear wheel hub. V6 with a 4-speed. Runs and drives well. It's not a show car, but I don't give a E36 M3.  It's a great 10-footer and I'm going to enjoy driving it. In typical GM fashion, the check engine light just came on but runs fine.

obsolete
obsolete HalfDork
1/14/22 9:51 a.m.

Cool! Which year? I thought all the V6s came with 5 speeds.

1/14/22 9:58 a.m.

It's an '86.  I think (??) '87 and '88 were all 5 speed.

I got such a good deal on this that my wife is encouraging me to get another car.  She's so awesome.  I looked at a few late 80's XT6s and think they're uber-quirky and cool, just not sure I want/need it right now.  Probably just going to enjoy this for a while and go from there...maybe...

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/14/22 10:07 a.m.

Hell yeah! That looks awesome. 

iansane
iansane Dork
1/14/22 10:37 a.m.

Perfect oddball choice.

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wHDTojo6Eb5VWNuerN5vUoLZ1FtY1lICNnpqgesskWj3Ix3yF9QFkfNfEV9Q2Zy8