1 2 3
Kreb
Kreb UberDork
3/22/20 12:57 p.m.
kb58 said:

These threads are fun but kinda pointless for reaching any sort of conclusion, like defining the "perfect" woman based upon only one quality.

Thank you, Kurt. More, more, MORE is a legit focus for some types of motorsports such as drag racing and top speed competitions, but it's kind of like watching a top fuel drag event. Once to experience the ground shaking magnificence of it, and a second time to show my son. But that's it. I have as much interest in how much HP most cars make as I do in knowing Sandy Colfax's ERA in 1958.

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
3/22/20 3:12 p.m.

Fine, I'll add the following "data point":

Midlana, with me in it, is about 1800 lbs. Power is 300-530 whp depending upon boost, fuel, and dyno type. I used to buy into the "it's never enough" saying, mostly because I (and I suspect a lot of other people) have never actually experienced driving "enough." Well, I'm pretty much there, and at least for me. It's like having a "pet" tiger* where you're never really sure of the relationship. Midlana is easy in the straights, but cornering is interesting because it has so much grip, and can always go faster anytime, anywhere you want. So you end up cornering so fast that "if" something happens, it's going to go off. With a lower power car, the margins are wider and there's more time to deal with stuff. But like I said, that's just me, and since I find myself in the "high risk" virus group, maybe it's partly or entirely age related.

*Check out the series "King Tiger" on Netflix for the oddest, strangest bunch of people you can imagine.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
LxBEWxVdvS8tQgBCgc8DlTycn6mlqli0eel3Ols4WcygTtmOBrQmiKNpi15ICHXM