1 2
SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/24/08 1:59 p.m.

I've always wanted to do a school bus too, but mine would be a little different.

First off, gotta start with a "short bus". You know, as in, "What do you ride, the short bus or something??"

Then chop the top so the windows have that low slitty hot rod look. All the glass is flat, so the new window sixes shouldn't be too hard.

Tweed upholstered interior, big meats on the rear, flames down the side, and a nice big blower sticking through the hood.

It would be called the "S' Cool Bus". Since we homeschool, it would have particular significance.

My first Challenger was built by homeschooled students. Just wish we could have had this tow vehicle!

iceracer
iceracer Reader
8/24/08 8:37 p.m.

School busses are notoriously underpowered and slow. Ex school bus driver.

Rigmaster
Rigmaster New Reader
8/24/08 9:45 p.m.
SVreX wrote: I've always wanted to do a school bus too, but mine would be a little different. First off, gotta start with a "short bus". You know, as in, "What do you ride, the short bus or something??" Then chop the top so the windows have that low slitty hot rod look. All the glass is flat, so the new window sixes shouldn't be too hard. Tweed upholstered interior, big meats on the rear, flames down the side, and a nice big blower sticking through the hood. It would be called the "S' Cool Bus". Since we homeschool, it would have particular significance. My first Challenger was built by homeschooled students. Just wish we could have had this tow vehicle!

Been done.

http://www.showrods.com/showrod_pages/scool_bus.html

I think I built one of these models back in the early 70's.

;)

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/24/08 9:59 p.m.

Has it been done in real life, or only as a model?

I might have done one of those models too! Maybe the idea was subliminal.

RX_Midget
RX_Midget New Reader
8/25/08 11:13 a.m.

I bought a 16ft enclosed trailer just for this reason 4? years ago. The Midget fits in it fine with a tool box, tires, and fuel rack up front. Get to track/hillclimb and unload car and put under canopy. Set up queen sized folding frame airbed (best money spent at Walmart) in trailer - Home sweet Home! 1000W inverter and 3 old 12V batteries provide power for most stuff we need to use. Only thing missing is a shower which I would like to make a PVC stand for a curtin outside the trailer and hang a water tank on the side of the trailer to heat the water in the sun and provide gravity flow, but if at a track they usually have showers to use.

Nice and dry when it rains, but it can be loud on the metal roof. Plus it is a nice place to change into your Nomex. It also doubles as a graged parking space when I have another project to work on in the garage.

BTW - I'm tall and found a tall trailer that I can stand upright in, but it is harder to tow due to aero-drag.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JOQE1SWfi1gvfT8sbBd6V9dU11KDfNuBmErRSwWpZhfMcqm02KeZAXCmPWepRtGa