2 3 4
92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/29/12 8:24 a.m.
mndsm wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
lnlogauge wrote: the choices lack F2T.
You are my new favorite newby. Please familiarize yourself with the word "swank." The rest of the welcoming committee will be here shortly to extend a formal invitation to join Team MX6 Mafia.
As the official cochair of the MX6 Mafia Welcoming committee- I would like to say, congratulations on an excellent choice in vehicle. You're among friends here. We might try and spend your money for you.... LIKE A SIR. But that's part of the fun.

Well, he didn't SAY he has one... just that there was a lack of F2T in this thread. That's reason enough for me.

lnlogauge
lnlogauge New Reader
3/29/12 8:48 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

I have a beautiful 89 MX6 GT that's my DD. My Dad drives a 88 626 GT im trying to convince him not to sell. F2T runs deep.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/29/12 9:00 a.m.
lnlogauge wrote: In reply to mndsm: I have a beautiful 89 MX6 GT that's my DD. My Dad drives a 88 626 GT im trying to convince him not to sell. F2T runs deep.

Ok, you're in.

Start a thread, we want to see pics!!!

I have a ratty 90 MX6 GT that's my DD, and mndsm over there has a nicer 88 MX6 GT that i convinced him to buy.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
3/29/12 9:50 a.m.
The only issue is the stock Ford fueling and ignition.

That's the Starion's main problem too. If you can get around the primitive engine management the Starion has a great engine.. it's got a lot of head flow for a 2v head, and the bottom end is very strong.

The paper specs are a lot closer than you guys realize. I've owned both, and they are very similar drives.

Funnily enough i dont remember anyone calling the t-bird a close equivalent in performance and handling to a turbo 944. Unless you did at some point?

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/29/12 9:54 a.m.
Vigo wrote:
The only issue is the stock Ford fueling and ignition.
That's the Starion's main problem too. If you can get around the primitive engine management the Starion has a great engine.. it's got a lot of head flow for a 2v head, and the bottom end is very strong.
The paper specs are a lot closer than you guys realize. I've owned both, and they are very similar drives.
Funnily enough i dont remember anyone calling the t-bird a close equivalent in performance and handling to a turbo 944. Unless you did at some point?

944s are fat highway cruisers, duh!

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/29/12 10:00 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
lnlogauge wrote: In reply to mndsm: I have a beautiful 89 MX6 GT that's my DD. My Dad drives a 88 626 GT im trying to convince him not to sell. F2T runs deep.
Ok, you're in. Start a thread, we want to see pics!!! I have a ratty 90 MX6 GT that's my DD, and mndsm over there has a nicer 88 MX6 GT that i convinced him to buy.

Are you SURE my car is nicer? I still don't think it is. Oh well, yeah, you're def. in.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
3/29/12 10:06 a.m.

I vote Starion here. The factory fuel injection is figured out enough that if you want to make more power with it, you easily can, as long as you understand what it's doing and select injector sizes to match that..And if you treat it like it's got a timing belt instead of a chain and actually change the thing once every 100k, it wont break and ruin your engine. So really, those two things that screwed so many people over are no great shakes if you go in with a little foreknowledge.

So if you avoid the two major pitfalls that are common knowledge, you end up with a cool looking, right-sized, turbo, 5spd, torquey, rwd, retro-scifi, box flared, wedge shaped 80s MASTERPIECE.

Honestly, i think the starion is THE highest point of 80s styling, although i also count the ferrari 288GTO as a close second.

Starion!

Grizz
Grizz Dork
3/29/12 10:21 a.m.

Just adding to my original post now, I want a 340 powered Starion.

Powar
Powar Dork
3/29/12 12:15 p.m.

I'll take the TurboCoupe with a manual trans, please.

rotard
rotard HalfDork
3/29/12 12:25 p.m.

Make mine a white XR4. I wish I still had mine

2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
ggLjL6fizVaM4IrvyepdsFoUJmZMk35oHI4pkAz6o0HKqyxOuPItAxD23eMoigE2