miatame
miatame HalfDork
11/8/13 8:12 a.m.

Looking forward to seeing you and the family Andy. Jeep "should" be pretty close to ready by the time we get down there so we can lend a hand.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/8/13 12:06 p.m.

You have my aid, for what that's worth.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
11/8/13 12:56 p.m.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/8/13 12:58 p.m.

Spool and i are tentatively planning on being there Wednesday evening, so that leaves us Thursday to help anyone out who needs it. I'd also like to volunteer now to run a taxi service into town and such, since i'll be trying to break in a clutch before raping it on the drag strip.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
11/8/13 7:32 p.m.

It's alive!! I am keeping with tradition and bringing another good sounding car. Need ear plugs though.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
11/9/13 8:48 a.m.
stan_d wrote: Need ear plugs though.

...Only if it's running on nitro.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/9/13 11:50 p.m.

Pulled the motor out of my Challenge car today. I have parts coming in on Tuesday.

RIGHT ON SCHEDULE

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/10/13 5:06 a.m.

I was the same way last year Ben, put my engine in two nights before we left. lol Everyone have a safe trip down & see you there.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
11/10/13 2:08 p.m.

Fire in the pipes

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
11/10/13 5:14 p.m.

In reply to wheels777:

advance the timing a bit and you'll have fire in the chambers!

stan_d
stan_d Dork
11/10/13 5:44 p.m.

How many challange cars only drive out of the garage and directly on to the trailer? At least 1 mine. It hasn't moved by its own power yet.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/10/13 5:50 p.m.
stan_d wrote: How many challange cars only drive out of the garage and directly on to the trailer? At least 1 mine. It hasn't moved by its own power yet.

I have been finishing off the scoop on the hood while loading the car before

miatame
miatame HalfDork
11/10/13 7:53 p.m.

If we don't paint something in the parking lot, on Thursday, it isn't a Challenge.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/11/13 2:14 a.m.

My car's maiden voyage will be 1000 miles long.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/11/13 6:17 a.m.

Bad weekend.

3 weekends straight of my teammates leaving me hanging, means I have accomplished very little other than rust abatement on suspension wear points.

Very few improvements.

It will run, and I will be there, but it won't be as competitive as I had hoped.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
11/11/13 6:46 a.m.
wheels777 wrote: Fire in the pipes

Dinner too spicy last night?

hobiercr
hobiercr Dork
11/11/13 8:42 a.m.

Ok, so it's not pretty but it IS on the ground and it DOES run. Too late to take it around the block last night without setting off a few car alarms but it did move in all gears so that is plus.

Still have SOOOO much to do.

miatame
miatame HalfDork
11/11/13 8:46 a.m.
hobiercr wrote: Still have SOOOO much to do.

Yeah but you still have a lot of time...oh wait...sorry, no you don't.

3 Days left!

tb
tb Reader
11/11/13 8:57 a.m.

Just back from an absolutely wonderful trip around the eastern Caribbean...

Too much left to do to worry about it. The car runs and drives and that will have to be good enough. I might have time to pretty it up a bit, but you can only apply so much polish to a turd.

New travel plans to update the 95 south people; Leaving out of South Jersey early Wed morning. Stopping for the night around Fayetteville, NC then continuing to FL to arrive Thurs afternoon. Floor crashers and parking lot repairs are never a problem... I think most of you east coaster know my cell #.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
11/11/13 9:17 a.m.
wheels777 wrote: Fire in the pipes

Header flames for the night time drags? Awesome!

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
11/11/13 9:22 a.m.

I shall be there friday with the wife for sure. No kids! I can help out if needed. Ill bring my hammer and gloves.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Event Marketing
11/11/13 9:33 a.m.

I hope I'll be ready. This is from last night!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to connect everything, get it running, tune it, and weld up an exhaust system.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
11/11/13 9:56 a.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: I shall be there friday with the wife for sure. No kids! I can help out if needed. Ill bring my hammer and gloves.

Don't forget duct tape.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
11/11/13 10:44 a.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote:
Jaxmadine wrote: I shall be there friday with the wife for sure. No kids! I can help out if needed. Ill bring my hammer and gloves.
Don't forget duct tape.

thats what the hammer is for. Lol

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
11/11/13 10:59 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: I hope I'll be ready. This is from last night! Tomorrow I'm hoping to connect everything, get it running, tune it, and weld up an exhaust system.

You are racing the trooper?!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aYPmtECJDLtaqqseQJaiqRIu3ZHxxxCB8Cnm1WzHjf51SlsVFgRFy2XkOQYYldZ8