Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/17/22 12:29 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The difference there is that they hadn't taken any money by that point, I suppose.

Interestingly, they havent taken any money from me for my order.   I just wish I had an idea so I could shuffle the money around the best and actually have the liquid assets when it gets here. Its kind of looking like the longer I wait the better for how the stock/etc market is right now.

 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
11/17/22 2:07 p.m.

Huge difference between Pre-order and post order in terms of federal regulatory compliance. If there isn't an order number, then it's a lot more open. If they create an order record then they have to follow the mail order rules and there are now fines tied in for non compliance. I use to deal with this a lot at my old job. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/17/22 3:49 p.m.
Apexcarver said:
Keith Tanner said:

The difference there is that they hadn't taken any money by that point, I suppose.

Interestingly, they havent taken any money from me for my order.   I just wish I had an idea so I could shuffle the money around the best and actually have the liquid assets when it gets here. Its kind of looking like the longer I wait the better for how the stock/etc market is right now.

 I wish I had an idea so I knew how much longer I had to deal with my current DD (or if I should replace it).

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/17/22 4:08 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Yeah, thankfully we are mostly leveraging my wife's car for daily tasks (likely to swap when/if I get the maverick) and my 07 expedition isnt being driven much. 

There's not really anything WRONG with it, but its at that point with 187k that there's a ton of servicing I would be doing if I were going to keep it. I can milk it for another year, maybe two if push came to shove. Maybe I'll do some welding on the rockers while I wait so I can sell it more easily when the time comes. 

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
11/18/22 9:31 a.m.

Just spent two days at work catching up on this thread. 

All because i want to know if any word has been mentioned of a hybrid Bronco Sport.

The wife's Focus ST works great for 3 kids right now. but in a year or two they'll be too big.

Her current wish list is the Next Gen Mini-E models. But she wants a clubman. (next gen is supposed to be smaller than current gen again.)  My 2014 XLT Ecoboost has 104k miles and still does everything i need in a truck (including towing our boat and long family trips), the boss is terrible at kid duty.   I'd like her in a full bronco but she absoultey hates SUV's.  The bronco sport may be closer to her liking. (if a dealer would freaking have one in stock for her to even look at.)

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/18/22 11:06 a.m.

So at what point does coming up with a great new product get overshadowed by poor implementation (Not all Ford's fault)? And have they backed themselves into a corner by underpricing it? One would expect a manufacturer with limited numbers of critical components to make sure that their high-profit products had what they needed and stuff the poor/cheap crew.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
11/18/22 8:15 p.m.

They're not giving us production numbers though. It sold out in only a few days could mean they only think they can build 15,000 of them. Does anyone have final 2022MY production numbers? Looks to be about 60K.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/19/22 3:34 a.m.

In reply to GCrites80s 

Search Google for NHTSA 22v-594 for the side airbag recall and you will see they made at least 65k MY 22 

Thing is, strong signs are they are very limited by post pandemic parts availability. The chip shortage has been driving a lot on the market. It's finally starting to pull around, but still there.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
12/1/22 9:19 a.m.
Mad_Ratel said:

Just spent two days at work catching up on this thread. 

All because i want to know if any word has been mentioned of a hybrid Bronco Sport.

The wife's Focus ST works great for 3 kids right now. but in a year or two they'll be too big.

Her current wish list is the Next Gen Mini-E models. But she wants a clubman. (next gen is supposed to be smaller than current gen again.)  My 2014 XLT Ecoboost has 104k miles and still does everything i need in a truck (including towing our boat and long family trips), the boss is terrible at kid duty.   I'd like her in a full bronco but she absoultey hates SUV's.  The bronco sport may be closer to her liking. (if a dealer would freaking have one in stock for her to even look at.)

SO funny note, wife saw a maverick on the way to work today. "you know, that's a pretty sweet little truck/car thing.  I think that would work for hauling the family!".  Guess i know which adhd rabbit hole i'm going through today.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
12/6/22 1:58 p.m.

I spent the last week looking. Especially when we dropped her Focus ST off to have the transmission looked at.

Dealer called today to confirm that the transmission is dead and needs to be replaced.  (It no longer holds second gear and pops out when shifting into, or if you happen to get it to hold, out as you drive steady down the road).  Waiting to hear back later today on if it's covered under the powertrain warranty. (car is a 2018 and only 40k miles).  

 

I'd love to say, screw it, i'll just trade it on a maverick.  Only no dealer has any that does not have crazy mark ups. or bland colors.  It seems the only trucks in a 200 mile radius are either every option ticked plus dealer adjustment, or silver/white/grey...  OR old listing's for vehicles the dealer does not actually have anymore. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
12/7/22 10:53 a.m.

In reply to Mad_Ratel :

It will be interesting to see how long my order will take. Considering there are people who ordered MY22's that are just getting their vehicles as they turned them into MY23 orders. They opened MY23 in september on a sunday and closed orders on wednesday/thursday depending on if it was a hybrid or ecoboost. I am not betting on getting mine before summer.  I think almost all the ones dealers are getting are abandoned orders, so heavy demand and limited supply.

Thankfully I'm in a position where there isnt anything immediately wrong with my current vehicle, its just got a lot of miles. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
12/7/22 11:35 a.m.

Yeah I'm firmly in the mindset of "it'll get here when it gets here." If that's a few weeks, awesome, and if it's a year, awesome. But I understand that's not really the situation most car buyers find themselves in. 

dps214
dps214 Dork
12/12/22 11:08 a.m.

Only a few more days until ford owes everyone another "update"!

I parked next to one with temp tags yesterday, so clearly they are still managing to filter out.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
1/10/23 1:59 p.m.

Minor update:

Ford offered a discount if you order a spray-in bedliner and cargo hooks due to excess production capacity. I want both of those things but had planned to add them afterwards, so I texted Jae and asked about updating my order. 

Turns out that Jae, my sales rep, no longer works for the dealership. So I emailed my new contact and explained that I had a Maverick ordered and asked about making the change. They're going to get back to me.. 

Here are the Maverick constraints as of 09 January, 2023:

 

The hybrid will be constrained forever due to high demand and ongoing supply chain issues. I'm thinking about calling my dealer to see if I can change my order from a Cyber Orange XLT Hybrid to a white XLT FWD Ecoboost. I'm not very optimistic that I'll see my hybrid before 2024.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/11/23 9:45 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/11/23 12:08 p.m.

I like the fact that we're on page 17 of this ownership thread and we're not even sure what the truck will look like or who is selling it to Tom. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
1/11/23 12:56 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yeah, my mother in law was just making fun of me that I have no idea when I will get my new truck. frown

On the brighter side, looks like Goodwin racing is making handling kit for it. Also watching Vorschlag as they seem to be having fun with theirs. Part of me wanting this was to have something more fun to drive than my expedition.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/11/23 1:12 p.m.
Apexcarver said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yeah, my mother in law was just making fun of me that I have no idea when I will get my new truck. frown

On the brighter side, looks like Goodwin racing is making handling kit for it. Also watching Vorschlag as they seem to be having fun with theirs. Part of me wanting this was to have something more fun to drive than my expedition.

Are either of them supporting the hybrid?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/11/23 1:48 p.m.

Local to me, long time Mistsu Evo tuners, Buschur have taken to the Maverick 2.0

 

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/11/23 1:51 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Local to me, long time Mistsu Evo tuners, Buschur have taken to the Maverick 2.0

Two of his recent EVO sold on BAT for the 50s-$80K range. He was very revered back in the day, but isn't seen that highly since he sold the business and bought it back, anymore.  I would be pretty wary.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
1/11/23 2:00 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

It appears no.  Different springs and all, haven't really been looking for hybrid stuff

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
1/12/23 4:54 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

It appears no.  Different springs and all, haven't really been looking for hybrid stuff

Is the difference in suspension related to the engine choice? I was under the impression that all FWD Mavericks got the beam rear axle whether they're hybrid or Ecoboost.

dps214
dps214 Dork
1/12/23 8:50 a.m.

Depending on weight there might be some slight spring and maybe damper tuning differences, but the overall layout should be the same between the two fwd models.

 

I got a missed call and voicemail from the dealer I ordered from yesterday. I thought it might be some exciting update, but it was just them trying to sell me on a maverick they had on the lot.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
1/12/23 9:48 a.m.

Update:

The dealer never replied to me after saying they'd look into it. 

Our Preferred Partners
BgZ5baUs6HkhK9JtTmrkIrGkQIJZ2S3OiunjM23yAfeU3s1JPLxmCnSYxDmk6Rqs