yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
1/26/23 3:21 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

What did you add to your truck if anything? 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UberDork
1/26/23 4:24 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Weird to see maverick stuff from good win. That drop looks good, even if it's kinda funny to see someone spring for the FX4 just to lower it...

In reply to yupididit :

The only thing I added was Cyber orange paint. Its an XLT with no other options.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
1/26/23 7:01 p.m.

Ah. I have the tow hitch and co-pilot 360 in hot pepper red

In reply to yupididit :

The tow hitch seems to be a long-standing constraint for some reason. I'm willing to bet that you would get scheduled quicker if you dropped the hitch.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/26/23 7:49 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

Maverick through has a $1795 dealer fee, which is berkeleying ridiculous.

WOW! Only thing good about living in  POS CA, whether I buy a 21K corolla or 400k Cullinan, $85 is my dealer fee. 

mr2s2000elise said:
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

Maverick through has a $1795 dealer fee, which is berkeleying ridiculous.

WOW! Only thing good about living in  POS CA, whether I buy a 21K corolla or 400k Cullinan, $85 is my dealer fee. 

Here in Florida, there is no state law limiting dealer fees. The dealer can charge whatever they want. If a specific dealer charges a fee, then they have to charge everyone that fee; its non-negotiable. I once bought a 5 year old Ram 1500 at a Chevy dealer that charged me a $900 dealer fee. Plus a separate electronic filing fee.

This is the closest Ford dealer after I moved:

Of course the only place its listed is at the bottom of the webpage in tiny font. They add the ridiculous $1999 "Protection Program" to every new vehicle. And then charge you a $999 dealer fee plus a separate $109 electronic filing fee. So $3107 in extra fees that can not be negotiated.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
1/26/23 9:48 p.m.

Join mustang club of America, get S-plan that largely just restricts dealer fees...

You just need to have a few months of membership to qualify...

Holy berk this thing got produced fast! I'm still shocked that I was able to order a hybrid and have it built in 6 months when there are people who have been waiting over 500 days for theirs. The tracker estimates that it will be at the dealer the week of April 16th.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/12/23 9:45 a.m.

I've heard nothing about my Ecoboost xlt but the every 45 day brush off email. Was your order early in the open week or later?  Mine was end of the week, so I probably won't see anything for awhile.

In reply to Apexcarver :

I got my order in a day before the MY23 ordering window closed. I wasn't even sure the dealer submitted it before the cutoff.

Maverick production has been extremely unpredictable. Some people have had all of the constraints and still got built while people that ordered in 2021 and dropped all the constrained items are still waiting for their trucks. It doesn't make sense at all. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/12/23 11:57 a.m.

Yeah, mine is an xlt lux package with max tow and 360 in Alto Blue, so I might have a few constraints.

It is crazy, I'm also really hoping that the stealership doesn't try to apply crazy fees when the time comes.

Getting closer!

Tom, have you received your Maverick yet?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/22/23 6:08 p.m.

Good news! I just realized I missed an email last week:

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/22/23 6:19 p.m.

I'm jealous, I got another non update update the other day. 

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick New Reader
3/23/23 6:56 p.m.

I got the generic "supply constraints" email last week.  Probably the 4th or 5th time for that email.  It's OK, I'm not really in a hurry for the thing.  I ordered the basest of base models, with my only options being a receiver hitch and whatever Ford calls cruise control.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
3/23/23 7:15 p.m.

I haven't received an email since 14 Feb. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/23/23 8:18 p.m.

10 months and 19 pages after this build thread was created, there is a chance the actual subject of the build thread will be built two months from now :)

Oh, the antici

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
3/23/23 9:13 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Oh, the antici

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
3/24/23 10:15 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

ppp ...pation

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/24/23 12:20 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

10 months and 19 pages after this build thread was created, there is a chance the actual subject of the build thread will be built two months from now :)

Oh, the antici

Don't worry, the strangeness of it all isn't lost on me. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
3/25/23 9:08 a.m.

Anybody 6'-4" and taller have one of these yet? I have yet to sit in one but  liking them on paper. A Prius that looks like a truck, what's not to love. I'm thinking seriously about ordering a hybrid (whenever they re-open the portal), possibly in lariat trim if that's an option anymore. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/25/23 9:23 a.m.

I recently noticed that a local Advance auto parts has a Maverick for parts delivery.  The other day I saw an Orkin truck that was a Maverick.  The company used Rangers for years:

I went to google looking for a picture of an Orkin Maverick and did not find one but while looking I found this:

The report is that in Miami you can rent a Maverick (no mention if it is Hybrid) for $19.99 and 79c per mile.  Not a cheap test drive but cheaper than spending $30k just to try one.   

dps214
dps214 SuperDork
3/25/23 10:18 a.m.
OHSCrifle said:

Anybody 6'-4" and taller have one of these yet? I have yet to sit in one but  liking them on paper. A Prius that looks like a truck, what's not to love. I'm thinking seriously about ordering a hybrid (whenever they re-open the portal), possibly in lariat trim if that's an option anymore. 

I'm 6'1 and slightly long in the torso. I test drove a couple a while ago and don't remember feeling limited on headroom.

It got delivered to the dealer about a week early!

Man this thing drives like a Cadillac compared to a worn out, 20 year old crappy Korean SUV lol.

I'm still in shock on how quickly I got it. Ordered it 19 SEP 22

Started production 03 MAR 23

Finished production 09 MAR 23

Shipped 17 MAR 23

Arrived at dealer 14 APR 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z0Ya1iAUXzIJYSmQv0zRjAl23R5SOW4xWQ8HJko1jHBN3gqSAwuhqteP6ax06zV9