9 10 11 12 13
Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
1/16/21 8:52 p.m.

In its defense, that is probably the most intact Fiat 131 in North America at this point.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
1/16/21 9:24 p.m.

In reply to DuctTape&Bondo :

You Californians....That is not rusty at all by Pennsylvania standards. Not much left though. Too bad, they were sweet cars for a little while when nearly newcheeky

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
1/18/21 12:33 p.m.

Had a nice day this morning so went out to a new junkyard (to me) in Pontiac. Found an NX2000, an Infiniti (J30?) With HICAS, and a Conquest (most of the good bits already gone, but I pulled the "Turbo" seatbelts).

I went for Miata uprights and spent 1hr+ trying to get them, but Michigan rust kept me from being successful. Oh whale.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/25/21 6:25 p.m.

Yo Stampie! If you wander across a NA Miata that has the seat foam in the headrests for the original speakers I will compensate you handsomely. I didn't plan on doing this, but one thing led to another. The foam in my headrests have been hacked apart to accommodate one 6 inch speaker. Ugh.

Actually, belay that. I woke up in the night and had a better idea. So, don't bother with the headrest foam!

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/12/21 1:58 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter) :

Just let me know if you change your mind. There's also a couple of small time miatia parter outers in FL. 

Today after grabbing a bumper for my 99 Silverado I went back in the yard for a walk. 

Found tb a nice vacuum canister. Something about German over engineering was below him. 

This turbo had moved about 50 yards since I last saw it. It's seized but maybe someone had wishful dreams with the Chevy straight six?

At this point I came up on an E450 Ambulance. After noticing some nice power cables I went inside to discovery someone had used it full dusterdb13 style. I decided to stop taking pictures. 

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
2/12/21 2:02 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

At this point I came up on an E450 Ambulance. After noticing some nice power cables I went inside to discovery someone had used it full dusterdb13 style. I decided to stop taking pictures. 

Thank you for that. We can all rest better not having those images in our heads...

Oldboy Speedwell
Oldboy Speedwell New Reader
3/4/21 7:12 p.m.

Inadvertently stumbled across a neat ghostyard in rural east Alabama the other day.

I travel for work and usually take secondary and backroads because daily driver is R53 MINI and expressways ain't much fun, had to pull over and take a few pix when I saw a couple of old Volvos languishing on the side of the road --- guy across the street lived in a trailer and was out in his yard so I approached him and asked if I could eyeball around, he had worked at the junkyard for 19 years and told me it was bought out 4 years ago and the new owners sadly crushed alot of cars so not much remains there.

It's actually on a fairly major road, 278, but I would have likely just passed right on by if I had been going that way, I was on a parallel road and had to badly take a whiz so I pulled off trying to find a good spot, then saw the oldies which I thought was pretty unusual for rural Alabama to have such a large concentration of foreign cars.

It was cool.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/4/21 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Oldboy Speedwell :

Wow that 2002 ... at least it looks like they kept the good ones.

Oldboy Speedwell
Oldboy Speedwell New Reader
3/4/21 7:16 p.m.

There was various parts laying around too.

Stuff still in a few outbuildings too.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
3/4/21 7:24 p.m.

Neat stuff , you wonder what they crushed .......

Run_Away
Run_Away Dork
3/13/21 7:30 p.m.

Neat stuff!

I visited my local yard for the first time since the fall.

Found a Q45. Wish I had a use for it. Last one I grabbed the gatling gun HIDs and flipped them, but they took a while to sell and I didn't make much.

There was also a TR7 that a few guys were working on for a while. That makes me happy, hopefully that means they're keeping another one going.

And also an Audi 100 2door.

The engine is shoved way out in front, just like the modern ones. Radiator has to be beside it. It had an automatic transmission

I got an LSD from a Sentra Spec V for myself today

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/13/21 8:00 p.m.

In reply to Run_Away :

I just realized that I would like a hardtop TR7 a lot more if it didn't have those stupid black side panels.

Run_Away
Run_Away Dork
3/28/21 11:05 p.m.

Hit the Ford/Mopar car lot today. Didn't get too much time to look around as a buddy was helping me get some parts for my Challenge Neon and we ran out of time when they closed.

I got a windshield

And all the bits to delete A/C

Spotted this on the walk out and checked it out.

Merkur Scorpio with a V6 and automatic. I'm assuming this is one of those Cologne V6s I think they're called?

johndej
johndej Dork
7/24/21 9:10 a.m.

Struck out on accord window switch and S10 airbag switch but lots of interesting things

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
7/24/21 12:20 p.m.

Just got home from the 'yard. Came across a MB AMG suv, got the calipers off of them, Brembos

But now to figure out what to do next

(I got all four, only pictured the fronts)

johndej
johndej Dork
7/24/21 12:40 p.m.

drock25too
drock25too Reader
8/5/21 12:44 a.m.

So Monday morning the boss says, "Hey, the shop truck needs a new seat, wanna go to the salvage yard and get one?" Dumb question.  Get paid to go to You pull it, of course I'll go.  On my way to the Chevy truck section, this caught my eye.  Wish I knew the back story on this thing. 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/21/21 3:08 p.m.

Went to the local Pick-N-Pull looking for rear calipers and found a set of these hanging out on a E39 525i, 17 X 8 BBS with 3 out of 4 center caps.  I would get them but I don't have anything they would fit.  sad From what i could see they look straight and in reasonably good condition 

adam525i
adam525i Dork
10/21/21 3:15 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

People are asking decent money for those up here now (typically over a grand CAD) in decent shape so might be worth grabbing and selling locally. You might be up against a wheel lock though so be prepared for that. 5 x 120 is awfully close to 5 x 4.75 for more applications.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/21/21 4:49 p.m.

yeah, those are the "Style 5" rims and you can pull $250 plus shipping per wheel on eBay, without cleaning them up.

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
10/21/21 9:50 p.m.

If you come across a Taurus SHO, pull the crank sensor. They're no longer available new, and I could use one that works.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/12/21 5:31 p.m.

If any of yall come across an amc spirit, i need fenders and quarters that can be patched and safed for a challenge build 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
11/12/21 5:37 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Is there a variety across the years?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/12/21 5:51 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Not really. The front fenders are shared by the Concord and eagle as well, and probably others. Quarters are spirit specific i believe, but id be more than willing to make them out of fenders....

Trying to un-flare the spirit, so i can re-flare it properly. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
11/12/21 7:01 p.m.

Is there a quick learner's guide of what wheels are valuable?  I'm hitting up the yard tomorrow and I'd love to pick something up I could flip

The deep wheels on the back of this one look fancy to me

9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1REZs3z4cUF2Vk96I8G308ZCPWPX9kGrLE6UGXyaB0lKs7Nr6lsUOMTxahx9k8sW