1 2 3
aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
4/25/13 12:08 p.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM - Gran Turismo 5 racing League - Series 11.

FINAL Standings:

This is a championship series based on the cars and spirit of the Grassroots Motorsports (and what is available in GT5). Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this rough driving is highly discouraged.

This league will consist of 10 races run weekly, and 2 classes (Showroom Stock Spec / Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters).

Showroom Stock Spec (SSS) Stock car racing... REAL stock car racing... This time with spec cars!

Restrictions:

• Car for each race is selected by particpants. Who selects for each race is based on the previous SS series finishing order (1st picks first etc). Once everyone has made a selection, it starts from the top again. Participant who is up next should be prepared in case the current picker is not available.
  • Car selection must be available at least one week prior to the start of the race.
  • Tires will be SS (but adjusted by HC)
  • Tuner cars, race cars and prototypes are allowed
  • Car must be available new. Used cars are allowed but the car must be available in the online used lot the week prior to the race.
  • Car must be ENTIRELY stock. NO mods. (room will be set to No Modifications)
  • Only tuning possible will be brake balance.
  • Tire / Fuel use will be set to OFF
  • Race laps set to generate a maximum 10 min race.

Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft (DTM) Series inspired by the famous racing series, but a bit more lax on the allowed cars.

• Races are run as a set of two aprox 10 min races. The second race is run as a reverse grid, same track.
  • 575 pp limit
  • European, Japanese, or American full race prepared cars based on production models. If you are uncertain, please ask.
  • No Tire restriction (except for HC restrictions)
  • Tire / Fuel use will be set to OFF.
  • Maximum of 90% engine power limiter allowed.
  • Buyers Remorse Rule: Participants can swap their car to another (only once) as long as it is done before the mid-season break.

Handicapping:

To help equalize cars and/or drivers, cars for both series will be handicapped based on finish position. Handicapping will be in the form of maximum tire allowed. 1st finisher will be given a 2 step HC, 2nd finisher a 1 step.

SSS: HC's will be Norm=SS, -1=SM, -2=SH

DTM: HC's will be Norm=RS, -1=RM, -2=RH

Both HC levels will be tracked on the Standing board above.

• 1st - 16 points
  • 2nd - 14 points
  • 3rd - 12 points
  • 4th - 11 points
  • 5th - 10 points
  • 6th - 9 points
  • 7th - 8 points
  • 8th - 7 points
  • 9th - 6 point
  • 10th - 5 point
  • 11th - 4 point
  • 12th - 3 point
  • 13th - 2 point
  • 14th - 1 point

Points for the championship will consist of your 8 highest scores. With this, missing a race won't eliminate your chances.

First tie breaker is total wins. Second tie breaker is ROC/Challenge race.

Starting and Restarts

In an effort to combat glitching, when a race is started, all participants will exit into the pits before the count down counter reaches 10 seconds. This will not affect qualifying order. Please note your starting position in the event of a restart.

If major glitching or a large series of collisions (CF) occur at the start or within a few turns of the start anyone witnessing a significant enough of an event should type RESTART in the message window and a restart will be initiated. In the event of a restart:

• All participants will exit the track
  • Do NOT re-enter the track until instructed
  • The race will then be started as a Rolling Start.
  • When the race is started, participants will form up in the original starting order (as best they can recall) with special consideration to the top 3 positions.

Rolling start: The lead qualifying will be responsible for pacing the pack at 60 mph to a designated point (probably the last turn before a back straight) at which point the race starts (in the case of a restart, the starting point will be much closer to the start line). There is NO passing until that point, and previous to the start point cars will attempt to get into the original start order.

If another major glitching incident occurs with the re-start, the glitching car will be asked to start at the back an stay clear of cars for the first few turns. Ultimately a glitching car may be asked to leave, which will be avoided if at all possible.

Rules:

1. Qualifying: A 10-15 min qualifying session will be held before each race. A one lap "reset race" will be run before the first race qualifying to clear/reset the qualifying times.

2. All driving aids are off (TCS, Driving line, etc), except ABS

3. Damage is set to Low, draft to High, edge setting is Real, penalty is set to Off.

4. Racing etiquette applies (e.g. it is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to ensure a clean pass). Keep the racing clean. Repeated violations / complaints will result in a DQ.

5. Passing Consideration: Make certain you have a clear position on a car (beside the car) BEFORE a corner if you plan to pass in a corner. In such a case both cars are required to provide driving room in the corner (punting rule does apply). See below for examples.

1. Braking consideration. In order to avoid rear-ending others during braking, please either take a different line from the car you are following or fade brake as shown below:

2. Corner Cutting: Maintain two wheels on the track (not curbs) at all times. Cutting is allowed to avoid hitting other cars (do not improve your position)

3. Punting Courtesy Rule: The following driver is responsible for not making contact with the car in front. If you push someone else off of the track you are required to wait for them to return to the track and allow them to stay in front of you for at least one turn. This rule also applies if you force someone into a cut if they have a clear reasonable position beside you.

4. Track Re-Entry: If you do run off the track, re-enter the track by merging into the track, parallel to the track. Give way to faster traffic. Avoid crossing the track or driving slower in the racing line when possible.

5. One Move Rule: When being followed by another car, you are allowed one move that is out of the normal racing line per section (straight / turn) of the track. E.g. if someone is drafting up behind you, you can cut to the inside to take that line, but cannot then cut back to the outside. Swerving to avoid the draft is not allowed (although you can still make the one move).

If you would like to compete in 1 or more classes, you will need to have either AllAirCooled or Greafin10 (PSN IDs) as a friend to enter the room. Send me a PM, or post in this thread listing:

• PSN ID
  • GRM ID
  • Desired Class(es) and car choice (if applicable)

Drop ins are also generally welcome. If you are not planning on actively competing is the series, please avoid hindering any of the active drivers.

Schedule:

All races are held in Private Lounges. In order to enter the room you will need to find another participant in your fiend list preferably Greafin10 or Allaircooled) and click on the yellow icon next to the lounge coffee cup icon to enter the room.

Races scheduled to be held on Wednesday evenings. Each class race would run sequentially. At 8PM Central Time (9ET, 6PT) we will run a one lap "reset race" to zero out the qualifying times. Qualifying for the first race will start immediately after the reset race with the race starting at approximately 15 after (depending on participant arrival). The second class will start qualifying at aprox. 8:45 - 9:00PM Central Time, with the race starting at approx. 9:00 - 9:15PM Central Time.

Event schedule:

Races length will be set to correspond an aprox. 10 Min total race time for SSS, 20-25 min for DTM.

• 5/1 - Round 1 Nurburgring GP/F [5/6 laps] SSS car= Ferrari F40

• 5/8 - Round 2 Indy RC [6/7 laps] SSS car= C7 Corvette Stingray (new one)

• 5/15 - Round 3 Fuji GT [6/7 laps] SSS car= RUF Yellowbird

• 5/22 - Round 4 Monza (no chicane) [5/6 laps] SSS car= 2004 Lotus Elise 111R

• 6/5 - Round 5 Special Stage Route 5 [6/8 laps] SSS car= Scion FR-S

• 6/5 - Round 6 Daytona RC [[6/6 laps] SSS car= 2011 Sprint Cup car (NASCAR)

• 6/12 - Mid Series Break: DTM Monza makup race. Testing for next season - Prototype cars 1988 - 1999 (685pp) at Nurburgring GP/F

• 6/19 - Round 7 Laguna Seca [6/7 laps] SSS car= 69 Z28 Camaro (new)

• 6/26 - Round 8 Suzuka [5/5 laps] SSS car= Art Morrison 60 Corvette (SS tires)

• 7/3 - Round 9 Nurburgring GP/D [6/7 laps] SSS car= AMEMIYA FD3S RX-7

• 7/10 - Round 10 LaSarthe 2005 (with chicanes) [3/3 laps] SSS car= Ferrari Enzo! (barrier cut / path allowed at chicannes)

• 7/17 - RoC/Challenge - GT300 Testing (520pp Race cars, RS tires)

Weather Change (if applicable): the setting will be left at the lobby default. GT5 will control what weather appears during the race.

Standings / Results Spreadsheet:

Standings / Results Spreadsheet

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
4/25/13 12:08 p.m.

Comments and suggestions on the above are appreciated.

I adjusted the Points a bit so that 1st and 2nd both have a 2 point spread. This is in consideration of the HC, which would otherwise make 2nd a bad place to finish.

Showroom Stock Spec car for next week is:

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine New Reader
4/25/13 8:36 p.m.

Damn. Gonna be finishing my tattoo for the first race:-( Maybehe will cancel again. Gunna be fun!

Argo1
Argo1 HalfDork
4/25/13 10:14 p.m.

Air, thanks for all you do to keep the series going. We all appreciate it.

Like the new points for second place. That makes sense. I would suggest adding car criteria for the DTM series such as: "European, Japanese, or American full race prepared cars based on production models." For the La Sarthe track we have a choice of 2009 (no chicane), 2005, and 2005 (no chicanes). There isn't a La Sarthe reverse that I am aware of. Would suggest the 2005 (with chicanes) track for the last event.

Heading to the Mitty tomorrow with BradLTL and my grandson. Anyone else going?

atli126
atli126 New Reader
4/25/13 11:49 p.m.

Sweet! I didnt miss anything... Sounds good

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
4/25/13 11:57 p.m.

So we are good with sports car based cars then eh? I was originally going to suggest non-sports car based cars. I am wondering if anyone will run anything else.

I am going to be gone all weekend also, so I will be very low on practice and just go with my first guess for a car. We have the buyers remorse, so I can always make a switch later if needed.

Argo1
Argo1 HalfDork
4/26/13 6:37 a.m.
aircooled wrote: So we are good with sports car based cars then eh? I was originally going to suggest non-sports car based cars. I am wondering if anyone will run anything else.

In the testing that Spool and I have been doing, there is no advantage to the sports car based cars. I will be running a sedan. If we want to eliminate the two seat based cars it is fine with me. We can go with the original "spirit" of the event, meaning sedan based cars. What ever the group wants but I believe that the Audi TT runs in the original DTM series. Not sure how the real series rules read.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
4/26/13 8:21 a.m.
Argo1 wrote: ... I believe that the Audi TT runs in the original DTM series. Not sure how the real series rules read.

OK, good point.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine New Reader
4/26/13 12:42 p.m.

Gtr black good thn? Don't remember the pp on it tho.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
4/26/13 12:44 p.m.

Should we all pick a color for the SSS series since we will all be in identical cars? It might help tell who's who during the race.

I call dibs on white

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine New Reader
4/26/13 3:35 p.m.

Not a bad idea. I want blue.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/26/13 3:56 p.m.

I'll be in a Pink/mauve/magenta type color all season.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
4/26/13 4:10 p.m.

I am not sure mine can be painted. It's currently blue and white, but if I can paint it I will go with Purple.

Argo1
Argo1 HalfDork
4/26/13 7:03 p.m.
aircooled wrote: I am not sure mine can be painted. It's currently blue and white, but if I can paint it I will go with Purple.

Your F40?

Argo1
Argo1 HalfDork
4/26/13 7:06 p.m.

Since Jax took blue, I'll take obvious red.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
4/27/13 12:48 a.m.

Oh, SSS. I should go with E36 M3e brown for the F40, but purple will work.

I think we can do numbers in DTM also, so I will take 99 again.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
4/27/13 4:20 p.m.

I'll lay claim to some sort of ornch color for SSS. lol
Very excited for this to start!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
4/27/13 5:31 p.m.

I'll take #7 and light blue with orange wheels.

Argo1
Argo1 HalfDork
4/27/13 5:36 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Oh, SSS. I should go with E36 M3e brown for the F40, but purple will work. I think we can do numbers in DTM also, so I will take 99 again.

Most of the DTM cars can't be painted or number changed.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
4/27/13 5:41 p.m.

2.10.1 in the F40

Man I love this car!

Argo1
Argo1 HalfDork
4/27/13 6:06 p.m.

Had a great time at the Mitty. Great to see the CanAm cars again. I used to go to the Monterey Castrol CanAm Grand Prix every year at Laguna Seca back when I was in high school. Here's a couple of shots from the race. Including a new race fan: "mini BradLTL", my grandson Owen. He loved the racing!

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine New Reader
4/27/13 6:13 p.m.

Nice headphones. Ill take elctric/light blue if you want dark blue argo.

Argo1
Argo1 HalfDork
4/27/13 6:20 p.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: Nice headphones. Ill take elctric/light blue if you want dark blue argo.

I'm OK with red. Just have to repaint the old F40. Looks like Spool may be lapping the field anyway.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine New Reader
4/27/13 10:06 p.m.

I'm sad I'm gunnamiss the first race:-( but happy the tat should be finished.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
4/28/13 6:08 a.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: I'm sad I'm gunnamiss the first race:-( but happy the tat should be finished.

I sent you a car with my signature tune the damn thing is faster than my A4!

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
OI4A2oBIZLr07wrLQ1xSSiH1T6rxvYw5WHLwaPcBuEUUssEClagbQfAQr5X8DPo3