z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/17/19 3:55 p.m.

I am here in X. I would like to go to Y. In Z date range. For U number of days. And automatically generates different leave/return dates, compare prices and airports, etc, without having to do every single search combination yourself? Have I not figured out how to do it on one of the existing sites?

Let me give an example:

I live in OKC and want to travel to NYC in late September-early October for 5 days (including the days I leave and come back) I can leave and come back any day of the week, doesn't matter, maybe there is a certain set of days that is cheaper. Is it cheaper to fly out of OKC to Newark? OKC to LaGuardia? OKC to JFK? Tulsa to Newark? 

I think you get my drift. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
5/17/19 4:45 p.m.

ITA matrix , it's owned by Google ,

You can plug in airports , range of dates , how many stops you can stand :) , range of how many nights etc

I do not think it includes Southwest airlines and some of the other low cost airlines.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap Dork
5/17/19 4:52 p.m.

Im intersted as well for a fly and drive. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/17/19 4:55 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

ITA matrix , it's owned by Google ,

You can plug in airports , range of dates , how many stops you can stand :) , range of how many nights etc

I do not think it includes Southwest airlines and some of the other low cost airlines.

Wow, thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for!

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
5/17/19 5:05 p.m.

You cannot book thru ITA matrix , but it shows you what's available so you can go to the Airlines website etc

It's pretty much what a travel agent uses.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/17/19 5:15 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

You cannot book thru ITA matrix , but it shows you what's available so you can go to the Airlines website etc

It's pretty much what a travel agent uses.

Oh yeah, but now I can compare everything super quickly and make a decision. Thanks again!

I wasn't able to find the right combination of search terms to find this.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/17/19 6:02 p.m.

Google Flights also does it and you can book through it.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/17/19 6:17 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Google Flights also does it and you can book through it.

I just checked, it actually doesn't do what ITA does............................which is owned by Google. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/17/19 6:55 p.m.

^Google Flights lets you see prices for any given return date based on a given departure date, and vice-versa. Not exactly a date range on both sides, but similar.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Dork
5/18/19 6:49 a.m.

And once you've found the itinerary you're looking for, this will help you actually book it: https://bookwithmatrix.com/

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/18/19 7:06 a.m.

Remember to open an incognito window to do your searches and purchases. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZhgbWsIvRDKmLKbFKFZUiPh2KNXrb1VNBAV5GVmDsGuhFPg8qWDSIzlNntDu5IXb