1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/27/23 1:24 p.m.

I know, if only they could talk. 

As we’re in the middle of downsizing GRM HQ, I have a bunch of archival materials here at home so I can sort and organize. 

For whatever reason, our dog finds the banker boxes comforting. This has been her regular resting place for the last few days. (She’s less than 6 feet away from one of her beds, too.)

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/27/23 1:26 p.m.

my family's just a little weird

No Time
No Time UltraDork
2/27/23 1:33 p.m.

a little:

calteg
calteg SuperDork
2/27/23 1:47 p.m.

One of my dogs has to be hand fed every single piece of kibble or she refuses to eat. Been this was the past 4.5 years. I'd say she's a little weird.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/27/23 2:13 p.m.

Now she’s back in her bed. (Actually, she has at least one bed/pillow/mat in every room of the house except the bathrooms.)

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/27/23 2:25 p.m.

What makes my Siberian Husky weird?

• For starters, he doesn't howl. Seriously. Try as we might to get him to howl, he just looks at us like we're crazy.
  • We're fortunate he missed the memo that huskies thrive on eating furniture.

Love the guy, but man does he know how to talk back.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/27/23 2:44 p.m.

Yep.  A sparrow farts or a car door slams 3 blocks away at 6:00am and he bolts toward the door with a tremendous bark.  Launches us straight up from bed ....

He doesn't bark any other time.

iansane
iansane Dork
2/27/23 2:51 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

What makes my Siberian Husky weird?

• For starters, he doesn't howl. Seriously. Try as we might to get him to howl, he just looks at us like we're crazy.
  • We're fortunate he missed the memo that huskies thrive on eating furniture.

Love the guy, but man does he know how to talk back.

Thankfully, mine is the same way. My girlfriend keeps trying to get her to howl but she won't. 

She is a bit off though.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
2/27/23 5:07 p.m.

Two 1 year old Boxers. They are perfectly normal. {save me!}

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
2/27/23 7:48 p.m.

my girl is weird as hell too. My first dog and I show people pictures of her before my own actual human children. Boy but she barks like she's about to hurt something and she's just a little sweetheart. Substitute mailman almost E36 M3 himself. She doesn't really howl, but she makes all sorts of weird noises that just endear her to me more. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/27/23 8:44 p.m.

In reply to calteg :

After 3-4 days, that dog would learn to eat.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
2/27/23 9:34 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to calteg :

After 3-4 days, that dog would learn to eat.

Totally. It may take at least a few days, since you could say that the dog has been trained to only eat when hand fed. 

Dogs are binge and fast eaters, some just don't adapt as well to the routine of eating at every meal. Obviously, they don't all do this, but also if a dog's getting heavy, a normal response is to start skipping meals. 

No healthy dog will let itself starve.

Food Finicky Dogs

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
2/28/23 12:12 a.m.

Nope, totally normal.

This is him after realizing that I was gonna play video games instead of play

He's also grown a lot, my friend calls him a Wendigo 

nlevine
nlevine Reader
2/28/23 12:47 a.m.

My dog's been giving driving tips to the kid...

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
2/28/23 7:25 a.m.

I've posted a picture like this here before, but to say the least...yeah my dog is a freakin' whack job.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/28/23 8:30 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Looks like we have twins.

Here he's providing nav help like nlevine's navdog.  'Recalculating...Turn Right Now!!!!'

He and one of the cats share a (small) brain:

Mine is always a nuisance barker; i think doorbell sounds on TV should be illegal

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
2/28/23 8:32 a.m.

Comet likes to sit on the couch and relax like he's exhausted from a long day at work.

He's also an accomplished back seat driver

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
2/28/23 8:38 a.m.

Sometimes he has better posture than Mrs. Boost.

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
2/28/23 3:56 p.m.

New foster dog is here. Seems to be settling in well. Spends most of her time upside down.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
2/28/23 4:05 p.m.

Karmann will dunk her whole head into a water bowl if it's a deep one. Does it at the dog park all the time.

Torkel
Torkel Reader
3/1/23 2:13 a.m.

My dog is 8 Years old now and remains as goofy as ever. She always sleeps on her back, with all paws in all directions.

She also LOVES toys, especially if they squeak, and she wild "Let's play-fits" every day. To reduce the random squeaking in the house, I have placed her toy-basket in a closet. She paws the closet when she wants one, BUT... it's not just a "toy" she wants. Nooo, no no. You have to hold them out to her, one by one, so that she may pick the one she feels like playing with just then.  

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
3/1/23 9:01 a.m.

Some excellent photos in this thread.

This is Rusty, the mini red heeler. His weirdest trait is that if there is standing water and he's thirsty, he doesn't lap it up like a normal dog. He opens his mouth and runs through the water, shoveling as much water into his little body as he can. As you'd expect....some of that water tends to come back out eventually.

If you're not playing with him with toys, he will encourage you by playing with your hands instead.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/1/23 10:50 a.m.

there's r/whatswrongwithyourdog subreddit that is pretty fantastic. 

birdmayne
birdmayne HalfDork
3/1/23 10:56 a.m.

Nope, perfectly normal!

This isn't a spoof. This is how he sleeps, literally every day. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/1/23 5:22 p.m.

Very.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ooxt5bf2DcXI4HyAQDcD0L8jBfA5ktFq0EYJ9ov3hUuiGoN8d3enkypMm9nAor37