1 2 3 4 5
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/22/18 7:13 a.m.

When I started reading this, I first thought Lyme Disease.  Hope it goes well Caffeine, good luck.

lateapexer
lateapexer Reader
12/22/18 7:22 a.m.

Gout is pervasive and permanent and you may have to readjust allopurinol dose. Ask me how I know wink

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/22/18 8:37 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

So this may have been pneumonia with also the worst gout attack ever.   I got sick.   Missed allo doses maybe.  Was not drinking my usual large amount of water. Good news is that the pneumonia is resolving with my current course of antibiotics.  What a journey

Ahh, history of gout, pneumonia and a swollen knee.  That is pneumonia and a gout flare-up until proven otherwise.  You didn't mention the gout.  If you've mentioned it before, I must have not seen it or forgot you had that.  Getting old, I guess.  Both of us, huh?

There's a doctor saying:  "It doesn't matter what you die of, pneumonia is what kills you."  Take care of yourself.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/22/18 8:56 a.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

Yeah. I just discovered the grout after years of left foot pain. Went to so many doctors before it was diagnosed.  Over probation this and leg length discrepency that. started allopurinol just a month ago. 

Yes. Getting old all around. Took 40ml of fluid out of my knee last night so  the lab should confirm. 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/22/18 9:08 a.m.

OK, recent finding then.  That's how I didn't know.  I'll accept that (for me.)  40ml.  That's a good amount of fluid.  No more wine for you.  Have you considered a vegetarian diet?  Once you figger it out, it's pretty good.  Been doing it for >30 years.

Fueled by Caffeine
12/22/18 9:13 a.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

I recently discovered my dad switched to a vegetarian diet when I was born for gout. It took him 40 years to mention this to me.   Vegetarian diet is ok. Just no tree nuts. I go anaphylactic with those things, so far and protein are interesting with that.  But I'm sure it could be figured out. 

I did discover that wine gives me the worst attacks( haven't had any in some time)  

You'd like this. The doc had a hard time finding the pocket of fluid. So was using a ultrasound in one hand and a big syringe in the other and found spots of me that the numbing meds didn't get to.   I got like 4 holes in the knee. 

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
12/22/18 9:25 a.m.

If you were feeling so E36 M3ty why were you even behind the wheel that day? 

Fueled by Caffeine
12/22/18 9:29 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Because I think we've established I have a high tolerance for being sick and just carrying on  

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/22/18 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Sounds like me doing spinal taps.  I suck at spinal taps.  Phun Phun Phun. 

Protein on a vegie diet isn't hard.  You just need to know what makes a protein.  Corn and beans, for example, have all the amino acids necessary to make a protein.  I don't worry about it.  It just seems to work out for me for the past 30 years, and I would think that if protein was a problem, it would have shown up by now.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
12/22/18 10:14 a.m.

Pneumonia is no joke, it’s taken out completely healthy young adults.  My dad just came home after being hospitalized for a week because of it. He is home now but still hooked up to antibiotics via IV for a few more days. 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
12/22/18 12:12 p.m.

No one but me has mentioned that there is a pneumonia shot.

Only need to get it once.

I got mine years ago.  

It works.   I have never had pneumonia.

There are adds on TV now.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/22/18 12:23 p.m.

You can get an elephant shot too.  Get it once and you will never be stomped to death by an elephant.  Guaranteed.  I saw the ad on TV.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/22/18 4:47 p.m.

I wouldn't shoot said elephant. But I know a guy who knows a guy that can do it discreetly. For a fee.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
12/22/18 4:56 p.m.

So you are implying it is not fo sure .    Even your comments are not.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/22/18 6:17 p.m.

My comments are certainly not.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
12/22/18 6:19 p.m.

Never mind the elephant.  You go up in da hood late at night, you can get yourself shot.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
12/22/18 7:06 p.m.

I used to work with a dumb polack bartender who drank all the good whiskey to the extent that I most likely lost hundreds of dollars in tips because we were out of the good E36 M3 all the time.  I once smelled a peaty Scotch and wondered where the glass full of it was.  Inside his big fat berkeleying head being exhaled.  He had severe gout.  I never wished him well. angry  He once crossed in front of me with his dog and I so wanted to goose him with a rev and a lurch but I couldn't do that to an animal. indecision

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/22/18 7:19 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

He once crossed in front of me with his dog and I so wanted to goose him with a rev and a lurch but I couldn't do that to an animal. indecision

I am deeply offended by this statement. I see it as extremely mis-canine-istic, referring to a dog as an "animal," and I'm calling it out as Bad Behavior.  The world would be a better place if we would all not say things that hurt other people, whether we intended to or not.  In the future, before you say anything, please stop and think:  "Is there any way at all that some dumb brain washed Tard, I mean Dork, could possibly be offended by this?"  If the answer is "Yes," then it is best if you don't say that.  Thank you.

Fueled by Caffeine
12/23/18 7:35 a.m.

The er doc was 100% right. Get that garbage out of my knee and my fever went away.  First doctor at clinic(not my normal one due to holiday vacations) was loopy.  Man I miss my old pc from Seattle  he as a kooky hippy but he never steered me wrong 

Major or changes to diet exercise coming to my house. 

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/23/18 8:18 a.m.

I guess I’m glad to hear it was bad gout

Fueled by Caffeine
12/23/18 8:49 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

Yes.  Still have garbage in my lungs but getting better every day. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/23/18 9:08 a.m.

Change in diet sucks. But stick it out, and after a month or 2 it will become normal. 

I had to change everything when I lost a bet with God and got diabetes.

Fueled by Caffeine
12/23/18 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I did it three years ago, but fell off the wagon moving to minneapolis for the family.   To be honest, My health has gone down hill since we moved here..  My family is happier, but i've never had to take more daily meds.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/23/18 2:36 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

We need way more my little pony gifs around here 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/23/18 8:15 p.m.

See, now this guy almost gets it:

However, I am offended by the word "Happy."  It is obviously racist and I'm calling it out as Bad Behavior.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
doymHokQ6KKvoUtfUKe47TmODalKY3VBokHp7gkhtyOTvc45itLMCiQ5WCIV2R45