1 2 3
mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/31/09 11:48 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: I suggest you don't try to find pizza in Indianapolis. It's ruined my life.

So Italian, in Brownsburg? Or Brownsville? I think its west of the city. Its pretty good. Really good actually, but its been about three years since I've been there. Otherwise, Papa Johns anytime I'm there visiting my cousins.

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/31/09 11:56 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote:
mndsm wrote: MN has a few pizza nooks worth checking out if you're in the area... Savoy on 7th in St. Paul (It's the ORIGINAL Savoy), Pizza Luce, Pizza Shack (17th and lake, sketchy as HELL, last time I was in there, they actually left a cop in there full time after dark) and Fat Lorenzos. All worth eating.
Also the Leaning Tower of Pizza on Lyndale (they've been around since 1952), and Uptown Pizza has great takeout/delivery. The Pizza Shack closed a couple years ago, there's a Mexican joint there now. It was a sketchy place - officer Jerry Haaf was shot to death there in a gang hit in 2003. I thought that was 1993 that he got shot? Seems a lot longer than 6 years ago. Sucks that the place closed, I was unaware of that. I was just jonesing for some ghetto-grease pizza too.
JohnGalt
JohnGalt Reader
12/31/09 11:57 p.m.

Best Pizza i have had is a supreme from Ingleside Village Pizza in Macon Ga. They do a great pizza with just about anything you could want on it. Sadly i never get to eat there because is an hour from my home and a hour and a half from where i live now. I mostly grew up on Pizza Hut Pan and never liked anything else until recently when my room mate and i split a 6 meats from papa john's, pretty tasty.

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/31/09 11:58 p.m.

Can't STAND Papa Johns. Only thing good about it is the garlic butter dip. Almost makes the crust tolerable.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
1/1/10 12:39 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: You didn't go far enough upstate. Syracuse has some bomb-ass pizza, and up on the Canadian border has a few gems as well.

The few times I've been to Syracuse I've stuck with Barbecue http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
1/1/10 6:04 p.m.
mtn wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: I suggest you don't try to find pizza in Indianapolis. It's ruined my life.
So Italian, in Brownsburg? Or Brownsville? I think its west of the city. Its pretty good. Really good actually, but its been about three years since I've been there. Otherwise, Papa Johns anytime I'm there visiting my cousins.

Brownsburg would be it. I haven't been to that place, but next time i'm out there, i'll try to remember to check it out.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
1/1/10 6:04 p.m.
Wally wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: You didn't go far enough upstate. Syracuse has some bomb-ass pizza, and up on the Canadian border has a few gems as well.
The few times I've been to Syracuse I've stuck with Barbecue http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

Mmmmmmm.... the dinosaur.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
1/1/10 10:04 p.m.

They opened one in Harlem a few years back. We had an accident nearby. I volunteered to take the report, the went inside to finish my report. It took a while as the first two I wrote had big stains on them.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
1/4/10 9:54 p.m.

well, if anyone must know i do work for domino's since 2003, i have also waorked for papa johns and i have to say they sucked for the pariona work details there...sigh.....i did start at one store for demons from june of 2003 till march 2008 when the owner lost all 8 of his stores. then went to papas for a month and a half and they did not like it when i started for a different owner of demons down the street. the big thing is i went away for the weekend and come back to have only 9 hours....i was very annoyed and then they bitch that i work for someone else..well geee, they where bringing back 3 people from collage and had hired 3 more in april and these where comeing in may....go fig. then the manager offeres me lots of hours if i would quite the demons store....i told him to shove it and i was going to finish one last day they had me on for. i have to say i liked domiono's much better for who it was that owned the places, fodd wise i never eat much at work,, till 2008 when i would eat lunch cause of being broke all the time and then dinner at a rib place i worked at nights at. still was just getting by though which sucked.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
1/4/10 10:01 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I thought that was 1993 that he got shot? Seems a lot longer than 6 years ago. Sucks that the place closed, I was unaware of that. I was just jonesing for some ghetto-grease pizza too.

Oops, you're right...I got my decades mixed up.

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
1/4/10 11:16 p.m.

My favorite kind of pizza is the available kind. Even with the worst pizza I've ever had, I don't think I regretted eating it afterward.

captain_napalm
captain_napalm Reader
1/4/10 11:34 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: You didn't go far enough upstate. Syracuse has some bomb-ass pizza, and up on the Canadian border has a few gems as well.

As long as you stay out of Wegmans, there's some decent pizza to be found in the Rochester/Buffalo area too.

Still haven't gotten used to dipping pizza in Bleu Cheese or Ranch Dressing tho'

turboswede
turboswede SuperDork
1/5/10 9:44 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: My favorite kind of pizza is the available kind. Even with the worst pizza I've ever had, I don't think I regretted eating it afterward.

You've never had Silver Dollar pizza here in Portland then. That stuff was the greasiest E36 M3-pizza I've ever had and I used to eat Dominos!

vwcorvette
vwcorvette New Reader
1/5/10 1:43 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Still haven't gotten used to dipping pizza in Bleu Cheese or Ranch Dressing tho'

Yeah, What's up with that. Seems a recent development. My guess--it covers up the bad pizza!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
1/5/10 1:46 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: Still haven't gotten used to dipping pizza in Bleu Cheese or Ranch Dressing tho'
Yeah, What's up with that. Seems a recent development. My guess--it covers up the bad pizza!

That wasn't me that said that, but it's huge out here in the Midwest. Well... ranch on ANYTHING, that is. So gross.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
1/5/10 2:17 p.m.
awebb wrote: Papa Murphy's > All other pizza chains

Agreed.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
MFTUqnennsWOCzLsPHndR3KXRoCpUrwBroXiYhjB2gc9atHAbWagSmGGDRkob2gP