slefain
slefain PowerDork
7/27/21 10:22 a.m.

Oh great GRM brain trust, I seek your council!!!

Looking to do a small driving group on a fun route with people switching out cars every half hour or so. Tail of the Dragon is just too long and there's no good place to swap drivers. Anyone have a favorite quick drive in North Georgia that they like?

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
7/27/21 10:47 a.m.

Oooh, lot's of fun up there.

Most of the roads around Dawsonville and Dahlonega are great.  Rt 136 from Talking Rock /Rt 515 (I-575 ) east towards Dahlonega is fun. 

The road north (Rt 19 to 60) from Dahlonega up to Suches , then east on 180 to 19, then back to Dahlonega was my favorite.  Then go the other way and it is a completely different road.  Some days there are no cops, other days they are around every turn.

We would do that loop early Sunday mornings and then have brunch at the Bourbon Street Grill on the square in Dahlonega.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
7/27/21 11:00 a.m.

There is also 348 from 180 towards Helen, great road. You can take 60 from Suches north, lots of twisties there as well. Taking 75 north of Helen is a good drive. All of these can be done in an afternoon.

Two Wheels in Suches has some decent food and great views. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
7/27/21 2:19 p.m.

Thanks, I'll look into these. Also thinking about maybe just piggybacking on SCCA Track Night at AMP. Maybe.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/27/21 2:36 p.m.

Suches. 

Take 60 north from Dahlonega, then 180 (Wolf Pen Gap Road).   It's  a big loop. 

The road was hand dug by hundreds of men during the Great Depression as part of the CCC's efforts to put people to work. Nearly every turn is banked perfectly. 

I have a cabin on 180. 

There are 347 turns from my cabin to Dahlonega (17 miles). It's an awesome road!!

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
7/27/21 7:30 p.m.

Anybody have recommendations in Cherokee? Looking for fun roads in my new hood.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
7/27/21 8:11 p.m.

This site helped me find several good roads  Motorcycle Roads  

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
7/27/21 9:40 p.m.

Further north, but this was fun; https://tailofthedragonmaps.com/diamondback-226/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZrTJwyeuDdGVz90fqe845vYtyggVuf4xowCIsB2TtLdnpa72fOugoAsFPNT0fnJ8