1 2 3
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/22/16 12:58 p.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM - Gran Turismo 6 racing League - Series 10

This is a championship series based on the cars and spirit of the Grassroots Motorsports (and what is available in GT6). Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this, rough driving is highly discouraged.

This league will consist of 10 races run weekly, and 2 classes on each of the two days (Wednesday and Sunday)

Sunday Series:

STANDINGS

This series runs on Sundays before the two below series, using the same track.

Eurotrash

• Must be a European Manufactured Car (DeLorean allowed)
  • 550 pp
  • SM Tires
  • No NOS or aero
  • 90% max Power Limiter

Spec Ruf 3400

• Ruf 3400
  • SH Tires

Wednesday Series:

STANDINGS

Skyline

• Only Skyline model cars allowed
  • No race cars
  • 500 pp
  • Full Tuning, No NOS, 90% max Power Limiter
  • No aero other then wings
  • SM Tires

Spec Rockets

• Light Car Company (UK) Rocket
  • No mods or adjustments
  • 563 pp
  • SH Tires

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/22/16 12:58 p.m.

To help equalize cars and/or drivers, cars will be handicapped based on finish position. Handicapping is detailed below. Unless otherwise noted, HC's are cumulative.

• First = - 2pp
  • Last or second to last = +5pp
  • Finishing 4th place or lower = removal of 4 pts of negative HC.
  • Finishing in first = removal of 10pp of positive HC
  • Finishing 1-3 = removal of 5pp of positive HC

HC levels will be tracked on the Standing board above.

• 1st - 16 points
  • 2nd - 14 points
  • 3rd - 12 points
  • 4th - 11 points
  • 5th - 10 points
  • 6th - 9 points
  • 7th - 8 points
  • 8th - 7 points
  • 9th - 6 points
  • 10th - 5 points
  • 11th - 4 points
  • 12th - 3 points
  • 13th - 2 points
  • 14th - 1 points

• Two extra points for the biggest shunt victim (if applicable). A shunt can be any situation that hurts a drivers race of no fault of their own (e.g. being disconnetec could count). Priorty for points are given to those in a higher ranking points race then higher potential finishing postion, Voted by participants if needed.

Points for the championship will consist of your 8 highest scores (you will drop your lowest scoring race). With this, missing a race won't eliminate your chances. First tie breaker is total 1st place finishes. Second tie breaker is ROC/Challenge race.

Starting and Restarts

If major glitching, drops or a large series of collisions (CF) occur at the start or within a few turns of the start anyone witnessing a significant enough of an event should type RESTART in the message window and a restart will be initiated. In the event of a restart:

• All participants will exit the track
  • Once everyone has left the track and instructed to, re-enter the track
  • Line up on the track in the original starting order (as best can be re-created) with special emphasis on the top 3 cars.
  • Wait for the race countdown and do not change your order.

Rolling start: The lead qualifying will be responsible for pacing the pack at 80 mph to a designated point (probably the last turn before a back straight) at which point the race starts (in the case of a restart, the starting point will be much closer to the start line).

There is NO passing until that point, and previous to the start point cars will attempt to get into the original start order. If another major glitching incident occurs with the re-start, the glitching car will be asked to start at the back and stay clear of cars for the first few turns. Ultimately a glitching car may be asked to leave, which will be avoided if at all possible.

Rules: (Repeated violations / complaints will result in a DQ.)

• Qualifying: A 10-15 min qualifying session will be held before each race. A one lap "reset race" will be run before the first race qualifying to clear/reset the qualifying times.

• You must start the race on the tires that you qualify on. (The Spool rule)

• All driving aids are off (TCS, Driving line, etc), except ABS

• Damage is set to Low, draft to High, edge setting is Real, penalty is set to Off.

• Racing etiquette applies (e.g. it is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to ensure a clean pass). Keep the racing clean.

• Passing Consideration: No passing under braking. Make certain you have a clear position on a car (beside the car) BEFORE a corner if you plan to pass in a corner. In such a case both cars are required to provide driving room in the corner (punting rule does apply). See below for examples.

• Braking consideration. In order to avoid rear-ending others during braking, please either take a different line from the car you are following or fade brake as shown below:

• Corner Cutting: Maintain two wheels on the track (not curbs) at all times. Cutting is allowed to avoid hitting other cars (do not improve your position)

• Punting Courtesy Rule: The following driver is responsible for not making contact with the car in front. If you push someone else off of the track you are required to wait for them to return to the track and allow them to stay in front of you for at least one turn. This rule also applies if you force someone into a cut if they have a clear reasonable position beside you.

• Track Re-Entry: If you do run off the track, re-enter the track by merging into the track, parallel to the track. Give way to faster traffic. Avoid crossing the track or driving slower in the racing line when possible.

• One Move Rule: When being followed by another car, you are allowed one move that is out of the normal racing line per section (straight / turn) of the track. E.g. if someone is drafting up behind you, you can cut to the inside to take that line, but cannot then cut back to the outside. Swerving to avoid the draft is not allowed (although you can still make the one move).

Duplicate Car Challenges (if applicable)

In some cases there may be a restriction as to the number of duplicates of each car type are allowed. In the case where two drivers show up with the same car, the challenge rules apply.

• You can only loose two challenges. After two, you must pick an available car.

• You can only challenge for a particular car once. The second challenge would have to be another car.

• If any of the drivers of the car you are challenging for have a HC, you must run a HC (lowest finisher still looses the car).

• If during a challenge, any of the cars are negatively effected by a verifiable shunt, the challenge will be run again the next week, or a short 4 min runoff race (only challenge cars allowed) will be run after the normal races if time allows.

If you would like to compete in 1 or more classes, you will need to have AllAirCooled and Dean1484 (PSN IDs) as a friend to enter the rooms. Send me a PM, or post in this thread listing:

• PSN ID
  • GRM ID
  • Desired Class(es) and car choice (if applicable)

Drop ins are also generally welcome. If you are not planning on actively competing is the series, please avoid hindering any of the active drivers.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/22/16 1:00 p.m.

All races are held in Private Lounges. In order to find the room you will need to have another participant in your friend list( preferably Dean,or Allaircooled) and click on the "Show Friends Only" checkbox near the bottom of the Online screen.

Races scheduled to be held on Wednesday evenings. Each class race would run sequentially. At 8PM Central Time (9ET, 6PT) we will run a one lap "reset race" to zero out the qualifying times.

Qualifying for the first race will start immediately after the reset race with the race starting at approximately 15 after (depending on participant arrival). The second class will start qualifying at aprox. 8:45 - 9:00PM Central Time, with the race starting at approx. 9:00 - 9:15PM Central Time.

Event schedule:

Results color coding (where applicable): Blue = Negative HC, Green = Positive HC, Red = Shunt Award

• (6/26) Round 1 Cape Ring

• Round 2 Circuito de Madrid

• Round 3 Fuji Speedway F

• Round 4 Tokyo R246

• Mid Series Break: Testing for next season

• Round 5 Twin Ring Motegi Road Course

• Round 6 Special Stage Route 5 (Reverse)

• Round 7 Laguna Seca

• Round 8 Deep Forest

• Round 9 Brands Hatch

• Round 10 Silverstone Grand Prix

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/22/16 1:02 p.m.

Please review HC rules, make sure they make sense.

We also need to create a track list. I put up an available track list if anyone wants to make some suggestions (or exclusions)

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/22/16 1:23 p.m.

Air, the only question I have in regards to the HC is if you have multiple negative HC's (say -4pp) and finish off the podium, do you return to full PP or just go up one notch to -2pp?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/22/16 1:36 p.m.

For tracks my suggestions would be, in no particular order:

• Brands Hatch
  • Cape Ring
  • Madrid
  • Fuji
  • Laguna Seca
  • Silverstone
  • Tokyo R246
  • Twin Ring Motegi
  • SS Route 5
  • Deep Forest

I don't think we ran any of these last series and are all decent tracks to race on.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/22/16 4:49 p.m.
e30Matt wrote: Air, the only question I have in regards to the HC is if you have multiple negative HC's (say -4pp) and finish off the podium, do you return to full PP or just go up one notch to -2pp?

I think it is only back 2 pp not a reset. I think maybe the same should apply to the other end. If you are + 10PP and finish on the podium you only give back 5 PP. This should keep the parity I think. YES?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/22/16 4:50 p.m.
e30Matt wrote: For tracks my suggestions would be, in no particular order: - Brands Hatch - Cape Ring - Madrid - Fuji - Laguna Seca - Silverstone - Tokyo R246 - Twin Ring Motegi - SS Route 5 - Deep Forest I don't think we ran any of these last series and are all decent tracks to race on.

I think we ran luguna or was that the series before?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/22/16 5:22 p.m.
dean1484 wrote:
e30Matt wrote: Air, the only question I have in regards to the HC is if you have multiple negative HC's (say -4pp) and finish off the podium, do you return to full PP or just go up one notch to -2pp?
I think it is only back 2 pp not a reset. I think maybe the same should apply to the other end. If you are + 10PP and finish on the podium you only give back 5 PP. This should keep the parity I think. YES?

OK, I was thinking of doing that, treating it as steps. So the steps look like this:

... -8, -6, -4, -2, 0, +5, +10, +15, +20... (theoretically going on in each direction)

A finish in the bottom two is one step to the right, a finish on the podium is one step to the left (if in + HC), a win is one step to the left (if you don't have a + HC).

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/22/16 5:26 p.m.
e30Matt wrote: For tracks my suggestions would be, in no particular order: - Cape Ring - Madrid - Fuji - Tokyo R246 - Twin Ring Motegi - SS Route 5 - Laguna Seca - Deep Forest - Brands Hatch - Silverstone I don't think we ran any of these last series and are all decent tracks to race on.

That sounds good. I think putting Brands Hatch and Laguna Seca towards the end would be a good idea since they are both narrow tracks (I re-arranged the list). I am thinking a wider track is best for the last race in case there is a close finish.

I have to say, going over the list, there is a pretty good selection of tracks in this game, some of which we tend to forget about.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/23/16 11:10 a.m.

I think we got some decent testing in last night. Not a lot of drop ins, but I think Sunday in general will be better for that. Regarding the 4th series spec car:

1. Light Car Company Rocket '07
  2. Peugeot 207 GTi '07
  3. Hommel Berlinette R/S Coupe '99
  4. Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70
  5. Toyota Supra SZ-R '97

My favorites of the list are probably the Rocket and the Hommel, although I suspect the Hommel might be a bit much for many. The Peugeot is interesting with the harder tires in the rear. We also forgot to test the GTO, which is pretty slow and does require a lot of trail braking to get it to turn in. I think the Supra is a bit dull and I think we have a pretty high level of talent currently so we might not want to be so "safe"

Another option we should have tried (maybe in substitute to the GTO) is the 1970 Skyline HT 2000GT-R to keep with the theme. If anyone has some time, maybe give it a try and maybe with a power upgrade (or even a zero toe rear end like we did with the muscle cars).

Any opinions? At this point my default is the Rocket. It has an interesting driving dynamic, it's reasonably fast, and it's tiny (good for narrower tracks). Mostly looking for good / interesting racing. The Peugeot would be close racing, but maybe too close?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/23/16 7:35 p.m.

The only one I did not like was the supra. I am good with any of the other one's

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/24/16 6:27 a.m.

I liked the Rocket, in stock form it's actually quite good.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/24/16 10:57 p.m.

I liked the brakes!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/25/16 1:45 p.m.

Air are you using the lambo?

I have other options but really like that car. I am thinking M3 or M5. There are also options in the Ferrari garage that are good. I think I know what sauce is going to be using and on the smaller courses he I going to be really fast.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/25/16 1:46 p.m.

Anyone around tonight. I was thinking of testing the et cars.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/25/16 1:53 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

I'm actually quite undecided on what to drive. I have a couple cars I like but need to do some more testing/tweaking. The Lambo was one I was considering, but other people interested in it I'll go with something else. Or maybe a big first race challenge for the car

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/25/16 5:33 p.m.

I am thinking m5 but the launch you get in the lambo is good for two or three qualifying spots by turn one.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/25/16 6:15 p.m.

I am also really wanting to see if I can get an sp1 to work. I was a little slower I in testing but it was with a base tune with no tweeking.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/25/16 6:59 p.m.

I honestly don't have anything else setup. I wanted to try the DeLorean, but I am pretty sure it does not have enough tire.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/26/16 8:28 a.m.

I'll probably be making a game time decision. In testing last night I had 4 cars within about 0.500s, and a couple of those could use some tweaks. If some of the cars I tested others end up using I may just pick whatever no one else is in.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/26/16 8:53 a.m.

I keep meaning to test the other R8. I tested a couple more cars last night and actually got the Spiker up to spec with the other cars. I also got the CTR to rotate properly. I did find a couple cars that were a disappointment.

The 458 I got driving great but it is off pace by a little. I think it is a driving style issue. I think i am under driving it in the corners and not getting on the power soon enough.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
6/26/16 9:10 a.m.

If im home in time i may try to drop in for the euro trash qualifier and see if i can manage too not hit everyone using a controller.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/26/16 1:22 p.m.

In reply to dropstep:

Don't worry, you won't be the only one on a controller. We have a couple people who are on a controller and generally don't have any problems racing together.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
6/26/16 2:12 p.m.

In reply to dropstep: Jump in if you can, we need more racers.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
P1CPDms3LdV43fRkSsefL4dHOJknaOu8Xba73Ghos9yKqCX8czypgD31O5tuIevQ