surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
2/27/20 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Ill take a cracked f body pan if it can be repaired. Ill let you be the judge of that. I dont mind welding one up and i can modify a pick up tube. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
2/29/20 11:51 a.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

I'll take pictures and can send you one when I find time and a box. 

Sold the old rear differential from the RX7, up to -$250 into the RX7 roller. Actually sold the old differential for more than I paid for the turbo 2 diff. Still have other nice interior parts to sell. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/1/20 3:55 p.m.

Do you happen to have a turbo 2 diff housing? I have a turbo 2 diff i got with the car but the housing was robbed for a miata. It has proved harder than i thought to find a cheap housing by itself.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/3/20 11:32 a.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

so did your c4 driveshaft fit without being modified? im running a th400 slip yoke and ordered the correct flange for the pinion flange. i was hoping to not have to have it modified so i was planning on setting the motor and trans in with the driveshaft connected and wherever that placed the motor, thats where it was getting mounted lol

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/3/20 1:58 p.m.

cracked oil pan. I somehow found a turbo 2 differential complete for $125 with axles. I sold my GXL differential for $250. The RX7 market is weird, not much demand, also limited availability. If someone wants a part sold they will sell it cheap but people can also hold parts hostage for too much money. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
3/3/20 6:00 p.m.

I'd JB Weld that. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/3/20 6:15 p.m.

I welded that whole corner back on one before.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/3/20 9:22 p.m.

I ordered a backup supply of $90 Chinese pans. I also have an OEM one with the corner broken off. Still need to find less work and "baby prep" time to work on the car. Do I really need an oil cooler for my 4l80?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/4/20 7:47 a.m.

Yes.  I may have one that if this stays under $2000 you can have for free (that i would give to anyone in need but at this point i'm offering to you, i'll look for it when i am sorting everything to move stuff around)

link to $90 chinese pans?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/4/20 7:51 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Who said anything about $2000? How about $1000? I also need a shifter/gear selector. The $90 Chinese pans are now $115 since the car owner virus broke out. Linky

I also need to finish some drywall work in the basement so I can modify my stock harness at home. Need to become a carpenter, seems like a less stressful job. 

I think my wife knows what day all the swap meets are, for some reason she plans things only on weekends with swap meets.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/6/20 2:01 p.m.

Things are starting to get real surprise

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/6/20 2:06 p.m.

You brought this upon yourself 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/6/20 5:12 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

True story

My wife is filling out her pregnancy journal with a Copart pen so I've got that going for me.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
3/9/20 10:19 a.m.

So when she needs a new pen, you need another car from Copart? Makes sense to me!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/10/20 2:28 p.m.

Lesson learned don't buy a house with a pool is disrepair or get a quote first.

First quote $12,500 to make is disappear, $10,500 to fix it. This is how far the second slab of concrete has fallen away since the pool was put in around 1982.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/10/20 2:28 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Yes, pens not working need to go to copart... I'll be right back I promise. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/13/20 3:05 p.m.

Drove the Mercedes home for the first time. The guy "purchasing" it keeps coming up with excuses, jury duty, shingles, etc no point in letting it keep sit around in the dungeon at work. I need to figure out why it makes a rattling noise under acceleration. 

The corona virus will definitely make work interesting. With everything being direct store delivery it will be impossible to work from home and if one person gets sick we will all end up quarantined. Luckily our product doesn't seem to be a high demand item but it also means it's going to hurt our yearly sales. 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
3/13/20 4:09 p.m.

Can it hold the LS engine in the trunk?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/13/20 4:12 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Yes, I could put a LS in it. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
4/5/20 9:20 a.m.

I'm just bored at home. Definitely a change of pace at work, no prior data to rely on to tell us how to plan for the future. I went from hiring mode to putting people on partial unemployment in the course of 5 days. This will definitely be an interesting year. 

edit: That feeling when they talk about laying me off from work

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/8/20 7:38 p.m.
surfshibby07 said:

In reply to Furious_E :

so did your c4 driveshaft fit without being modified? im running a th400 slip yoke and ordered the correct flange for the pinion flange. i was hoping to not have to have it modified so i was planning on setting the motor and trans in with the driveshaft connected and wherever that placed the motor, thats where it was getting mounted lol

You'll need a flange to match the diff and accompanying adapter u-joint, but the length is spot on. I'm running Ronin mounts, which put the engine pretty much as far back as it will go without major firewall surgery, and a T56, so YMMV with a different combo. I assume you're running a 4l80 or th400 based on the slip yoke? 

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/8/20 7:42 p.m.
Patrick said:

I welded that whole corner back on one before.  

The pan in my RX7 is welded on that corner as well. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
4/29/20 7:42 a.m.

Installed new lights in my garage yesterday. I need to clean up some wiring. My wife's doctor made her make me stay at home once she reached 37 weeks. I brought my wiring harness home to work on but I forgot my wire strippers at work. I've been doing lots of yard work the past week and a half. 

Before, with sunlight.

After at night.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
4/29/20 12:42 p.m.

This thing will be the death of me. If this works when I'm done... I'm retiring from complex challenge builds. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
5/5/20 10:34 a.m.

this is how bored I am being at home for 2+ weeks now. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aGsfeEbI1puC1sGltiHLTovgREyUSKviLgOKS4ejWZkwabK4ZWjq7l5ENoHvIQmT