1 2 3 4
OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
8/7/22 12:00 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Is this the same header panel you are talking about?

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/7/22 1:47 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Yep. I'll trade ya a white one, if you happen to get one in silver!!!!angel

If you happen to find a silver fender in great condition, for under a bill, I'll buy that. I'll get through Atl in next month, or sooner. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/7/22 9:13 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

The car has single exhaust (although the bumper has cutout for dual)

Sorry, no luck on the receipts. My Mom died a year and a half ago- that stuff has all been disposed of. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
8/7/22 9:14 a.m.

I would've bought this if I checked this section more often. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/7/22 10:04 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

It wasn't my intention to sell it quickly, but GRM

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
8/7/22 10:08 a.m.
yupididit said:

You say that often you know. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
8/7/22 11:17 a.m.
yupididit said:

I just logged in at the right time honestly. I have often had missed GRM deal regrets. Not buying PimpM3's 350z still haunts me (even thought it was posted for a lot longer than this one)

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
8/7/22 11:41 a.m.
Stampie said:
yupididit said:

You say that often you know. 

I'm always a page late! 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
8/7/22 12:18 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:
yupididit said:

I just logged in at the right time honestly. I have often had missed GRM deal regrets. Not buying PimpM3's 350z still haunts me.

Yup, you beat me by an hour.  I'm at a LeMons race, both working and driving.  Busy as hell so I don't get to check often.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
8/7/22 2:00 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Mustang wheels fit, check the offset. Some look similar to the marauder ones. The cars are real full sized and we put a backup camera in ours to ease parking. I would skip the pushbar because you have to cut the bumper cover.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/7/22 4:12 p.m.

IIRC, 05 and up mustangs have the correct offset for the 03 and newer panthers. (02 was still old school deep dish!)

I have a nice set of 17" rims, right offset and bolt pattern. Too small of a center hole. Have adapters also, but need a slight mod. Found Lincoln 17" since then. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/7/22 6:33 p.m.

I would have also, be perfect for my kids to drive haha

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
8/10/22 7:45 p.m.

It was a pleasure meeting your family SVRex! I resisted telling them everything I have learned about them from GRM over the years.

I'm also relieved that the car arrived having survived a nice shakedown run. 

Do you remember the "trick" to opening the hood? I can hear the latch and cable doing their thing but it still seems jammed. I'll try and figure it out this weekend (crowbar) but hope you might have already solved it. After that it's time to start scrubbing. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/10/22 7:56 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I think the spring may be weak, so it doesn't "pop up" when you pull the release.  I was able to open it by working my fingers into the oversized crack at the front grill. 

Don't think you will need a crowbar, but a 2nd person to pull the release might not hurt. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/10/22 8:00 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Part of what you are fighting is the weight of that hood. It's HEAVY!!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/10/22 8:02 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

NO CROWBAR!

mine does same thing. Used to have to go out and first bump it lightly, in just the right spot. After hitting a dog (poor beautiful GSD... who in the world left that out at 3am?) it got a bit worse. I have to pull the hood release, and put something in it to hold it open. Then lit the hood right up laugh

Edit: mine also needs new hood prop cylinders. I bought them a year ago - much more expensive than a stick, and nicer. Still using stick indecision

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
8/10/22 8:20 p.m.
SV reX said:

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Part of what you are fighting is the weight of that hood. It's HEAVY!!

Roger that. Thanks. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
8/10/22 8:24 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Does the hood have lift struts/springs or does it need a prop?

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/10/22 8:45 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Mine came factory with the struts. Still hold the hood up in some weather, but mostly not. 
Mine, with similar body - two minor  hits to same f right, might also need a slightly stronger latch pop up spring (how ya like the tech jargon?)

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
8/10/22 9:41 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

When I get in and can see what's behind the busted up lights.. I'm hoping no bent steel. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/10/22 9:59 p.m.

I'll about guarantee the fiberglass header panel that has the headlight mounts in it is badly damaged. I was able to jurry rig a mount. 
your right front fender is a bit bent, in exact same place as mine. Mine creased enough I do not have the talent to straighten. I'll try to photo my jury rig tomorrow, if rain allows me to!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
8/10/22 10:05 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Header panel is gonzo for sure.

Yeah if I find a burgundy one in a JY I will grab a fender, hood, bumper and header. Otherwise I will buy a new aftermarket header and a couple cans of duplicolor (Like this guy) and probably just zip tie the bumper cover.

Goal is to spend very little and drive it for a couple years. Not go crazy and make it like new like my ragged out Tundra experiment a few years ago. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/11/22 12:11 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Is the hood damaged?

I didn't notice that (well... the clear coat is bad)

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
8/11/22 9:51 p.m.
SV reX said:

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Is the hood damaged?

I didn't notice that (well... the clear coat is bad)

I don't think so but the header panel around the lights and grille are mangled so it may have some twist on the latch mechanism. I pulled the car into the garage last night and parked too close to the wall (it's pretty long) to mess with the latch - but I intend to start removing the old bumper and grille this weekend.

I found one of the metro Atlanta pull-a-part yards with 3 recent Crown Vic's - and my googling says those share all front end parts (aside from the grille but who cares on a $1400 car) so I hope to make my first junkyard visit (in my life) on Saturday.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/12/22 12:05 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

That's the case in mine. No hood damage at all. Just the header panel. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jFhhHwyWY1GcxHSo5byy6l8k8ntvm9Btn5Hig2mGAn0ZjmIlhkDBQcQRsYNnw6Af