Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher Emeritus
1/30/24 3:25 p.m.
feature_image

Gathering more than 150 Ferraris at one place, at one time, is no small feat. And when that gathering point is The Breakers Palm Beach, the equally opulent and historic hotel originally opened in 1896 by oil tycoon Henry Flagler, magic does truly happen.

This gathering, known simply as Cavallino, …

Read the rest of the story

enderby
enderby New Reader
1/31/24 11:47 a.m.

Actually one correction on what you said here:

"The cost to enter a car was many times that figure and seemed to keep out the entry-level cars."

In an email from Cavallino Customer Care 11/27/23: "I would like to remind you that the registration of a car in the Concorso is free of charge, but it is not enough for you to gain access to the Concorso. We ask the person who will be taking care of the car in the Concorso to choose which of the available tickets best suits their needs, remembering that we have reserved a 30% discount for participants who choose the VIP Ticket to enjoy the Cavallino experience at its best.

My entry level car was one of four 308's on field.  Mine at the end of the row was also featured in Cavallino Magazine #259 that came out the day of the show.  A quote from that article:

"Enderby has spun its odometer to an improbable 239,431 miles. It’s the kind of mileage more associated with Toyotas or Hondas than a finicky Italian sports car. Experts we consulted said they’ve yet to see a Ferrari, any Ferrari, that has logged more miles."

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
1/31/24 4:42 p.m.

In reply to enderby :

Thank you for the note. We made a clarification about the pricing to enter.

BTW: That's impressive about the mileage! How many of those miles were yours?

enderby
enderby New Reader
1/31/24 7:41 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

For my 308 all but 41,000 are mine.  For my F355 all 199,000 are mine, 197,000 on my F430 are all mine, and all but 1,800kms of my 13,000kms on my 488 Challenge car are mine.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/12/24 9:58 a.m.

Nice to see a classic that’s driven. Pictures? 

enderby
enderby New Reader
2/13/24 5:55 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Here one of my favorite pictures of my 4 cars at Laguna Seca:

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/15/24 11:45 a.m.

Nice. So glad to see them out there. 

Thanks for sharing. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners