The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
6/14/22 5:01 p.m.

The Datsun 240Z has long served as a value buy. If you can’t afford an E-type, how about a Z-car instead? Well, those days are over.

Top Z-cars have pushed through the six-figure barrier–Bring a Trailer famously got $310,000 for one–with even good examples now fetching at least $…

Read the rest of the story

Datsunfan
Datsunfan Reader
9/18/22 3:32 p.m.

When it comes to these, Rob and the folks at ZCarGarage have seen every flavor, every factory nuance and range of parts bin variation, every botched repair.

His advice speaks volumes.

A friend loaned me his for a weekend, a ‘72 240 that had been up-tuned with cam, exhaust, tuned SU’s, the right rubber and sway bars.

At every freeway on-ramp it became a “911 hunter”, as I found I could rip along with (and more often past) any that stepped up to the challenge.

Irreseponsible?  You betcha.

Hooligan61
Hooligan61
9/18/22 6:32 p.m.

Having had an S30 for 28 years, and through a few upgrades , I'd wish to correct the reference to the 432 Z mentioned in the article.

the 432 designation was assigned to the 2.0 inline 6 that had 4 valves per cylinder, 3 carburetors, and 2 cams.  And yes I'd love to have had one of those cylinder heads on the L28 that I had in my car.

Unfortunately, loss off covered parking, and north east weather took its toll. God rest her soul. A truly fun track day car, that taught me that momentum and cornering speed could nag a car with twice the power to eventually let me by.

God, I miss that car!

mapleglen
mapleglen New Reader
2/5/24 4:38 p.m.

Bought a Datsun 510 in 1971 after I saw them roar up the back straight at Watkins Glen.Loved it.In 1973 bought a 240Z. Still have it today. No rust, but stored in a cery dry place since 1985. No room for my son. Also bought another Z at the time with light front end damage. Dissambled it and still have all the parts except the tub. Even cut the roof off. Turning 80 this year, maybe I will sell it, but it would hurt.  Bought a 200 acre farm in 1978. Was going to sell it, but wife said no. Might have got a  few thousand for it, but never knew what was going to happen today. I also have a collection of Morgans and Minis, so there is a lot of stuff here to take of. Tough getting "older".

Coupefan
Coupefan Reader
4/20/24 11:57 a.m.

Maybe list a few recent example prices, in an article titled, "Datsun 240Z: Interest (and prices) continue to rise"?

GrizwoldsZ
GrizwoldsZ New Reader
4/20/24 8:50 p.m.

I'm one of the lucky ones that got their 240Z when they were still cheap. I've invested a lot of dollars but I never did it because I thought it would be worth a lot in the future. I did it because I love the Z and all its potential to make it even better than factory. Plus it's a gorgeous car!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jV3lWlN64jChfMLJiC2QC5i0YmF0PNuP3SfYmOsUQE1PDu7Psq8EYxOPmOHZomhx