David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/29/23 10:59 a.m.
feature_image

The new year is fast approaching–by approximately one day every 24 hours.

What events are on your 2024 schedule and, perhaps more importantly, which events are still on your bucket list? Goodwood or Le Mans Classic? Or something closer to home like a club convention or even a local show?

L…

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
11/29/23 11:07 a.m.

Both Goodwood events are on my bucket list, though I hope to go to more club events and meetups in 2024.

David S. Wallens
11/29/23 2:56 p.m.

I’m assuming more of the same for me: monthly autocrosses with the SCCA and Martin Sports Car Club plus our regular Miata meets in Orlando and, hopefully, a Radwood or two. 

wspohn
wspohn UltraDork
11/29/23 8:38 p.m.

I nailed the one highest on my list a few years ago when I watched the Monaco Historic Grand Prix - cars I had known of but hadn't seen even when I raced at the Monterey Historics.  Sat right up to the track and watched prewar cars battling it out with each other. Fantastic!  Would love to do it again.  Held a couple of weeks before the F1 race.

sir_mike
sir_mike Reader
11/29/23 8:43 p.m.

Need to get back to the PVGP....been a few years

Cyclone03
Cyclone03 New Reader
11/29/23 10:20 p.m.

Belgium Grand Prix and Silverstone.

Route 66 road trip

Isle of Mann

David S. Wallens
11/30/23 3:49 p.m.
wspohn said:

I nailed the one highest on my list a few years ago when I watched the Monaco Historic Grand Prix - cars I had known of but hadn't seen even when I raced at the Monterey Historics.  Sat right up to the track and watched prewar cars battling it out with each other. Fantastic!  Would love to do it again.  Held a couple of weeks before the F1 race.

For me, Le Mans Classic was a similar experience. I was like, Did I go back in time? 

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 SuperDork
11/30/23 9:01 p.m.

I'm planning on going to the VTR Nationals event in Indiana next year.  This will be my second one, the first being Portland, Maine in 1998.  It should be an interesting weeklong trip.

bosswrench
bosswrench New Reader
12/1/23 12:51 p.m.

Bonneville. The only major motorsport event in the world that money-men haven't been able to make a buck off of yet.

I'd also like to see the LeMans Classic where the cars are still recognizable as automobiles.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zyt1KyUMoABGDnOSFmvwjeRhaPmWzMn1Pak3YbZ0HFvNKfTu9Or3hnPQoxEWOLcP