1 2
belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
5/15/15 1:06 p.m.

there's more New Edge's on the road in my state (nebraska) than buses, police cars, and taxi's combined.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
5/15/15 1:26 p.m.
pres589 wrote: In reply to WonkoTheSane: Not one that matters. They're all SN95's from 1994 to 2004. There was a restyle that didn't touch the interior for 1999.

I think the interior got touched, but not very much. Better cupholder, maybe? The big change in 1999 was the PI heads that took the 4.6 from 215hp to 260. Also, the Cobra got IRS that year.

Mike
Mike Dork
5/15/15 1:32 p.m.

Around here, the Ford would win, even if I only counted mustangs with after market exhaust. Even if I excluded every mustang with mismatched wheels.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
5/15/15 3:29 p.m.

And Adrian lives in the heart of Big 3 country. Trust me, there are WAY more American cars per capita in this area than anywhere else in the country, for obvious reasons. Which is why I think my dear friend is delusional. Or, maybe he just lives too close to the "rich people" suburbs. A good Birminghamian would never be caught driving something so pedestrian as a Mustang. A basic Porsche like a Boxster is barely acceptable.

AnthonyCole
AnthonyCole New Reader
5/16/15 1:05 a.m.

I used to have the same dillema. I wasn't the biggest fan of the 94-98 body styles, but I ended getting a 95 cobra. Now I love the way they look I think the color (black) and the cobra bumper really make the car for me. But choose what you think you like best and you will be happy for more detailed comparison between 986 and NewEdge SN95 visit armored cars hope i offered some help

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/16/15 1:22 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyCole:

I wonder if I could get an armor plated CANOE from them???

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
5/16/15 11:01 a.m.

In my area, people moved on from the updated SN95 to newer Mustangs, yet I will say that I see more of them than Boxsters since no one owns a 986 around my area.

penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
5/16/15 10:52 p.m.

I actually don't see many New Edges around lately. Either that or they've become so ubiquitous, it's like noticing a Camry. Lots and lots of the '05-'10 though, but If I do see a New Edge they seem to always be cobras or Mach 1. To get back to the original question: 986.

Travis_K
Travis_K UberDork
5/16/15 11:48 p.m.

I saw one boxster today and no mustangs that old. Boxsters seem to have been taken care of better, and mustangs have the problem of never knowing when they are going to jump the center median into oncoming traffic, spin off the road and take out some trees, signs, telephone poles, etc, which seems to decrease their average lifespan a bit.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bWseldQz8q3ffuOyVc2TVbzDpVMMoE0lWFZpWSNuyt285GzgsYNvCVJ6x5C9ktq2