1 2
BlindPirate
BlindPirate Reader
10/9/23 9:04 p.m.

SUV, reliable, under 10K? Toyota Highlander. Paid $3500.00 for a 2003 with 190k miles pre covid from a guy we knew and he never had any issues with it. Now at 250k still solid and trouble free.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
10/10/23 11:24 a.m.

My daughter turned 16 this spring, she stole my wife's 2012 Audi A4. It is a great car, it was really hard to find unicorn as it is fully loaded with the 6 speed trans. We already did a ton of maintenance on it - timing chain, walnut blasting the intake, new turbo. it also has some nice aftermarket wheels and stock wheels with snow tires.

To replace it, my wife bought a used Boxster and a Jeep wrangler JLU (both manuals) and the Jeep will go to my son in 2 1/2 years when he turns 16.

We will only buy our kids manual trans cars, that way none of their friends can drive it.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
10/10/23 5:57 p.m.
Rusnak_322 said:

We will only buy our kids manual trans cars, that way none of their friends can drive it.

I like this idea.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
10/10/23 6:17 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:
Rusnak_322 said:

I like this idea.

We did the same because you can't shift and look at a phone at the same time. It forces them to concentrate on driving. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KDRgiHQj04ZvDfy5j61zoFCzp7c1FHgSyyngDpKA52OAcirUbLvcgyNRVMj6PIrF