2 3 4
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
12/26/22 9:56 p.m.

My buddy in high school had a diesel chevette.  It was literally the slowest vehicle ever.  Another friend raced it on foot and beat it pretty handily.

After that experience i never had the desire to own one...

FJ40Jim
FJ40Jim Reader
12/27/22 12:37 a.m.

Clearly you did not have a diesel Vanagon to drag race against. The diesmal 'vette woulda beat it by several lengths.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/27/22 5:33 a.m.

In reply to FJ40Jim :

Have never driven a Diesel Vanagon, but have driven an old aircooled bus, which was painfully slow but still quicker than a Mercedes 300SD.

Hmm.  Maybe Germany didn't bother with speed limits because so many German vehicles were so slow?  How do you say "just do the best you can" in condescending German?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/27/22 8:44 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

one of the ones we had in the fleet for a decade was an automatic diesel chevette. 0-60 yes.  eventually. 

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/27/22 10:18 p.m.

I almost autocrossed my early '76 - the slowest of the slow.  Found the Milwaukee SCCA autocross at the stadium.  First time I'd seen anything like that.  Asked what it was, then "Can I do it too?"  The powers that be said yes, and that I'd need a helmet, and that they'd lend me one.  Awesome.  Grabbed my checkbook and I was out of checks...  dammit.  Didn't actually try it until about 20 years later in 2004.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
12/28/22 1:44 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

How do you say "just do the best you can" in condescending German?

tun Sie einfach das Beste, was Sie können.  Wir werden an der Ziellinie auf Sie warten.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NsaOyEW7O7pALrnE7c54Q4gynAXHGpBzPW4X8fkmRk26Xw7rNYIPcRIfQK71E4TL