1 2 3 4
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/12/22 5:23 p.m.

Straight from TIL thread the other day:

It makes a very nice shelf but shelving is not a very good motoring experience.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/12/22 6:07 p.m.

Rule #1. The car is not a shelf. Um, oops.

Rule #2. The floor is not a shelf. Um, oops again.

This is slowly becoming my own personal barn find!

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
7/12/22 6:21 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

R8?

PMRacing
PMRacing UltraDork
7/12/22 6:36 p.m.

Needs cleaning and organizing but that's a job in itself currently

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/12/22 6:37 p.m.

We just moved so the new digs are a wreck.  This needs sorted by fall and the MR2 must challenge!  Those are the goals.

The pictured a Subaru is sold but another has taken the spot.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
7/12/22 6:45 p.m.

Never need to worry about a pic of my shop looking too organized.  This is about as good as it gets and only because I only recently set up in here.   Its a working shop, its a mess.   I have limited time, I'd rather put it toward getting the project done than sorting my screwdrivers by length :)

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Dork
7/12/22 6:49 p.m.

After looking at everybody's pics, I need to get more stuff!

To be fair, I have totes of parts in the basement.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/12/22 7:01 p.m.
yupididit said:

R8?

Good eye. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
7/12/22 7:02 p.m.

Just took these pics before bringing groceries inside.

I was doing good with Car Is Not A Shelf until The Sacrifice showed up and I had to tear it down.

My modularly designed workbench.  90% of my work is done on this table and with this stool.  Sometimes I cut off a corner of the table-top to make a bracket

The garage.

My actual workbenches.  Sorry the second was blurry.  I could regain a lot of room if I had places to store engines.  And/or outboards.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/12/22 7:19 p.m.

I had it really organized but then i had my AC serviced(your supposed to maintain ac's?) and had to unpack the rat hole in the back of the garage. Have not re-squirreled the press, engine hoist, etc 

hopefully i'll have a pole barn soon to store non projectslaugh

currently there is 3 atv's, 2 mini bikes, 1 small dirt bike, a moped and some other stuff that should not be stored in here. 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
7/12/22 8:44 p.m.

Hot mess of miscellaneous storage currently 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
7/12/22 8:53 p.m.

I never see you post about the cars you own. Seems like you have some cool ones. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
7/12/22 9:09 p.m.

One of my favorite places to spend time!

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/12/22 9:59 p.m.

I'm not driving across town just to snap a photo, but I will post the most recent overview pictures I have in my phone so you guys can enjoy our mess!
My home garage for the past decade is just parking (no workspace) so I rent shared workspace with friends. Makes for a double-edged sword...lots of fingers to point regarding the creation of messes, but also lots of hands to organize when called upon.

jerrysarcastic (dork in training)
jerrysarcastic (dork in training) Reader
7/13/22 3:33 a.m.

I haven't had time to work on my wagon (because: new home full of projects) but it sits in the corner, waiting...

Edit: Advantage of owning a wagon is that you can use the inside as overflow shelving, thus avoiding any garage penalties for having crap piled on top of it.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
7/13/22 5:09 a.m.

Nothing too exciting here. Just your standard two car family garage. Converts from a parking area for a minivan to a play/ adventure zone to a repair shop in minutes!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
7/13/22 6:35 a.m.

My garage was getting really organized and nice to work on, then I parted out that 280ZX and now I'm back to a disaster zone. As parts are selling I'm getting more interested/able to work out there again.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve New Reader
7/13/22 7:23 a.m.

This was taken a few months ago but nothing has really changed.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
7/13/22 7:34 a.m.
Caperix
Caperix New Reader
7/13/22 7:53 a.m.

We were lucky enough to upgrade about a year ago from this

To this

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/13/22 8:50 a.m.
jerrysarcastic (dork in training) said:

I haven't had time to work on my wagon (because: new home full of projects) but it sits in the corner, waiting...

Edit: Advantage of owning a wagon is that you can use the inside as overflow shelving, thus avoiding any garage penalties for having crap piled on top of it.

Yes... my wagon is full of a lot of rare VW glass and other VW spoor.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
7/13/22 8:53 a.m.

I have 2 garages right now. The normal one is under my house which is great because it is heated. It also is not great because anything you do in there transmits upstairs. That includes noise and smells. The tractor isn't usually there, I just got it so it's there until my other one goes. The picnic table stays in there for the summer, gets traded out in the winter for a plow and snowblower. 

I rent garage 2, it is about 200' down the street from my house. Mostly I use it for parking and storage but I hope to move the tire machine up there and do more work in there. 

glyn ellis
glyn ellis New Reader
7/13/22 10:27 a.m.

Vette ready for an alignment check (the lift is used as a safety prop only)

This is where the magic happens. The photo of the BMW demonstrated a lack of planning - my lawn tractor was stored at the back of the garage and my project elongated into spring. It necessitated some strategic dismantling to bring it under the BMW in the center of the lift

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
7/13/22 10:43 a.m.

My parents' quonset so it's got a bunch of his stuff and my racecar and my drivetrain.

My storage bay with my GF's JSW while my BMW is being prepped for sale

nocones
nocones PowerDork
7/13/22 10:59 a.m.

There was a very real struggle in here in the last few days...

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O5kC19UQWMs3KJKuzqeFf5ifqJVcCnyYRyOSz7Tm4hwVGy3wvcAW1olVbwJlmGgY