1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
1/13/10 1:49 a.m.
problemaddict wrote: ...

Wonder what they did with grandma's oxygen tanks?

oobert
oobert New Reader
6/23/10 8:38 a.m.

BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK TO LIFE:

I just ordered the Logitech G27 on Amazon for $240.00 with a $60.00 mail-in-rebate (those take forever) but I'm pretty excited. (link if you're interested: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1277299849&sr=8-1)

I've wanted this steering wheel for like 2 years (well, maybe the G25).

I think it's only compatible with the playstation 2/3 and the PC (so no Forza 3 ). Most likely, I'll be picking up GT4 until GT5 comes out.

Any suggestions for building a cheapo DIY racing stand? I'm not going to build anything out of steel. Just needs to be lightweight, somewhat portable, and cheap. I was thinking about buying a cheapo no-name brand car seat on craigslist, and mounting it on a PVC pipe / wooden stand. similar to what was the OP's set up. I might have to use my motorcycle helmet instead though

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
6/23/10 8:53 a.m.

Trim down a wooden dinner tray?

Carson
Carson Dork
6/23/10 9:19 a.m.

With a force feedback wheel, you will need a wide and/or somewhat heavy base for your wheel to mount too. You will lift it and walk it across the living room. It's not too big of an issue with GT4 or GT5:Pro but it can be very annoying with Dirt2.

My set up is simple, maybe not the best design, but I made it all with scrap wood I had lying around and a spare seat, so it was basically free.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mXHnSiswUfGlI2vskm9sZ7QeKG9MBEfpZuJfTfBFSAuocbz30LMHCZ7rs5Vhzofw