mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/6/20 10:19 a.m.

Catalan MotoGP Race Report

Deucekid#1, like many of you and your kids, has been watching racing with me her entire life. Of all forms of racing, she has enjoyed motorcycles the most. She went with me to the first MotoGP race at COTA and to a second one two years later. She's off at college now and has been looking for a way to participate in her new community in the age of distance. She settled on the college radio station and somehow became interested in the sports department and their lack of coverage of any sport that requires a motor. He hope is to move into an hour radio slot where she can cover MotoGP, F1, and any and all local racing (so if you or anyone you know races in Iowa, let me know, she wants to talk to you) but for now she's writing articles for the radio station web site. The article above is her first. I'm very proud. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/6/20 10:30 a.m.

NICE!  That's awesome!  A well-written and entertaining article.  I wish her the best of luck.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
10/6/20 10:53 a.m.

cool, I dig the effort to expand people's exposure.

When the engines snarl, when 22 riders tense over machines that accelerate them to the edge of human ability, when only inches separate the conquerors and the conquered – that’s when we’ll know who’s capable of snatching the mantle that 2020 has flung into contention time and time again. In the interim lies only anticipation.

I'll give Deucekid#1 an "A" for effort for trying her hand at the classic LeMans/McQueen quote.  It was a bold effort.

edit:
I always forget this.   Congrats for you both!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
10/6/20 11:20 a.m.

"Ducati on Ducati violence"

Awesome stuff!

sleepyhead the buffalo
10/6/20 11:24 a.m.

also, please keep updating this thread with new entries

mazdeuce - Seth
10/6/20 12:29 p.m.

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to update this with new articles as they appear. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
10/6/20 8:06 p.m.

Wow just wow and i thought she was not the moto geek .....Excellent and well done....better than any dedicated dadada .com web site ......you and Ms. S should be very proud  SethL.   late  BEC

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/6/20 8:10 p.m.

Deucekid#1 did well. Congrats on a job well done. College radio is a great place to grow and learn. (90.5 FM is WUOG Athens.)

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/7/20 7:57 a.m.

Very cool!  She'll be writing about her sister in no time!

DSW, I guess you know where your next intern can come from.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/8/20 7:27 p.m.

Next article out. A brief primer on Suzuki and why you should care about the fact that they somehow don't suck. 

Suzuki Article

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/8/20 9:27 p.m.

Nice very nice. You both have done very well with Duece#1. She can spin a mean yarn for the reading population who love motorsports. Weather on two or four wheels those were fantastic articles to read. I think she would be a very good addition to this board if not the magazine period.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
10/9/20 2:52 a.m.

Well written smiley

mazdeuce - Seth
10/9/20 10:58 a.m.

Thanks everyone. Just learned (from kid#3) that she's headed to Indy this weekend to cover the MotoAmerica race. Apparently she's all in on this journalist thing. It will be interesting to see what she takes away from a live event. 

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/9/20 12:01 p.m.

Nice. For anything close to Iowa City, It'll be dirt track/oval track racing.

Knoxville, IMCA SuperNationals up in Boone, Hawkeye Downs. My old scene back in the day. Iowa Speedway action from a national side is drying up along with Chicagoland. Still have some great drag racing at Chicagoland though. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
10/9/20 1:01 p.m.

Officially on my watch list ........thank you Lela and you too pop

mazdeuce - Seth
10/14/20 12:31 p.m.

Le Mans GP Race Report

That's the writeup on the most recent race, hope you enjoy. There should be another article coming about her experience attending the Moto America round at Indy last weekend as well. She was welcomed with open arms by the racing community and was even given a ride to paddock by the Attack Yamaha Superbike Team scooter, so that should be fun. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
10/14/20 1:10 p.m.

Fabio Quartararo, [...], quickly learned that his magic touch was water-soluble.

favorite line

Slammo
Slammo Reader
10/24/20 8:25 a.m.

I have friends who do racecar things in Iowa, more at a grassroots level than pro but everybody has connections in one way or another. Shoot me an email and we can put them in touch.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NjSaTxPPnvEgpp5VkqXWC9ZReoO8BbfKYnD2nbDW3gYH2uYmVaMrHI06OVWcS3hu