1 2
Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
8/13/14 8:45 p.m.

Anyone headed to the Zoo? I'm heading out Friday evening and will be out and about Saturday Afternoon/evening. Maybe GRM meetup somewhere on Telegraph?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Dork
8/13/14 9:58 p.m.

I'll be in Ferndale meeting some friends for breakfast, then up and down Woodward for the rest of the day hanging out with Adrian. Probably mostly around Birmingham, it tends to be where the high-dollar exotics tend to hang out.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
8/13/14 10:25 p.m.

Is there usually any parking in BHam? Most places I've come across seem to be private pay well ahead of time.

Every year it seems that I either end up driving the entire day, or parking in BFE and walking.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/14/14 6:52 a.m.

I'm thinking of hitting Back To The Bricks in Flint instead. Woodward hasn't been worth the drive in 5 years now. I drive 40 minutes to get there, then 3 hours to find a place to park that's blocks off Woodward, or idle for the next 6 hours.
BTTB is supposed to be like Woodward was 10 years ago.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
8/14/14 7:17 a.m.
Mazda787b wrote: Is there usually any parking in BHam? Most places I've come across seem to be private pay well ahead of time. Every year it seems that I either end up driving the entire day, or parking in BFE and walking.

Once you're east of Pierce you can normally find parking close to down town then walk out to Woodward via the cars on old Woodward.

Traffic is starting to pick up as of last night. Last week was moderate, but the rain put a damper on things the last couple of days

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
8/14/14 7:29 a.m.

I'll be on Woodward Friday night, Back To The Bricks on Saturday. It's much nicer. Cars are parked through the center of town and parking is pretty easy. All the bars and restaurants are open.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
8/14/14 7:42 a.m.

Hmm, maybe BTTB should be on my radar for next year. I had no idea it even existed.

wawazat
wawazat New Reader
8/14/14 7:42 a.m.

I was out last Friday with my boys and saw That Renault guy in the Caddy. Heading to Duggan's tonight for dinner with the extended family. Meeting a friend in Birmingham for drinks Friday night and will be in Birmingham with my dad and the boys on Saturday morning. It's a sickness this car thing!

cdowd
cdowd HalfDork
8/14/14 7:47 a.m.

I will be around back to the bricks in one of the cars. last night I drove the Jaguar. I also have an eggplant colored 63 alfa. say hi if you see us. If I can get the brakes fixed on the 47 willys I will be driving that as well.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/14/14 7:55 a.m.

Where are you? I'll help you with the brakes on the willys. I had a 46 CJ2a, I'd love to see a willys on the road again. I'm in Fenton.

cdowd
cdowd HalfDork
8/14/14 7:59 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost:

I live in Grand Blanc. The willys is in our hanger at Dalton airport in Flushing. we will be there on Saturday morning. would love some help. Pilot Braden from here will be there. I will supply beer and food.

cdowd
cdowd HalfDork
8/14/14 8:25 a.m.

This is the 63 alfa that i might be at BTTB with. The other is my 56 MGA that I have for over 25 years that some day will get finished.

That_Renault_Guy
That_Renault_Guy HalfDork
8/14/14 8:28 a.m.

I'm planning to hit Woodward both Friday night and Saturday, assuming that:

1) my basement situation is close enough to being handled that I can afford the break

2) my new homemade cookie sheet-based fan shroud can keep the caddy sufficiently cool in the stop and not go traffic that is the Woodward Dream Cruise

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/14/14 8:36 a.m.
cdowd wrote: In reply to DrBoost: I live in Grand Blanc. The willys is in our hanger at Dalton airport in Flushing. we will be there on Saturday morning. would love some help. Pilot Braden from here will be there. I will supply beer and food.

Crap. I won't be home Saturday am, and after that I'll be at BTTB. Are you going to be wrenching tomorrow evening (Friday)?

cdowd
cdowd HalfDork
8/14/14 8:38 a.m.

I am not sure. If we are I will PM you.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
8/14/14 10:33 a.m.

Friday I will be in the frankenburban, Saturday I will be in the frankenwankel. If you guys are into wankels we got a spot right where 59 and woodward meet, east side of the street. come on by!

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/14/14 10:38 a.m.
cdowd wrote: I am not sure. If we are I will PM you.

Sounds good.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
8/14/14 1:06 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost:

BTW is that picture of the jeep in your avatar at the mounds?

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/14/14 1:15 p.m.

No, that was on a powerline trail in Wixom. It's now gone, both the Jeep and the trail

Adrian_Thompson
8/14/14 7:03 p.m.

At Vinsetta grill right now. There's been abline of like 50 Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky's going past.

Adrian_Thompson
8/14/14 7:38 p.m.

No jokes allowed. An Ebtype Jag just went past on the end of a tow roap.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
8/14/14 9:13 p.m.

That "b" key is too close to the space bar, is it?

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/15/14 4:59 a.m.

It's the "n" key that gets me. I hit "space" instead of "n" all the time.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
8/15/14 7:39 a.m.

I was out there last night (Thursday) and it was just about perfect other than being a little on the cool side. Clear, sunny just the right amount of cars so you could still move. Will be there on Saturday too, although now there a threat of storms.

Contradiction
Contradiction Reader
8/15/14 8:02 a.m.

I miss the "traffic jam car show". If my GTI wasn't torn apart I would think about going this time since it's been about 10 years since I have. Maybe next year when the car is on the road I'll go.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a1lCiSRcpUY2mi9ZeLfpvMWkQZeJLhJPL5fZ6qz7ze4OjBTveeboeNMI9uflbT3l