z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/5/23 5:59 p.m.

I made a post yesterday for the first time in 4-5 years. It was a picture of the BRZ cleaned up in it's current state. 

The picture displayed as taken on Facebook. After seeing the picture on IG, I noticed it cropped off the sides like it took my shot and auto cropped as though I held my phone vertically like some heathen. 

Any way to prevent that? 

travellering
travellering Dork
9/5/23 8:00 p.m.

Assume mobile upload?  I often have to force an uncrop as I go through the upload pages.  The same page where you would crop/zoom, if your picture isn't in the standard Instagram aspect ratio, you can pinch zoom out to force it to show the whole pic.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/5/23 8:40 p.m.
travellering said:

Assume mobile upload?  I often have to force an uncrop as I go through the upload pages.  The same page where you would crop/zoom, if your picture isn't in the standard Instagram aspect ratio, you can pinch zoom out to force it to show the whole pic.

Correct. I went back and tried to post the same picture again, a fresh post, just to see if I could change the crop. I must be missing something. 

travellering
travellering Dork
9/5/23 9:06 p.m.

If you're close enough to the 4/5 ratio of instagram it may not allow you to keep a zoom out.  Then you have to cheat it into working with a background...

Kapwing is one option

j_tso
j_tso Dork
9/5/23 9:18 p.m.

Try uploading from a browser? These options don't show up when I use the app on iOS.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
9/5/23 9:20 p.m.

I just followed you. 

Embrace the heathen in you and take the picture vertically. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/6/23 10:30 a.m.

HA! I just figured it out!

Somehow I ended up with two versions of the same pic on my phone, one I can resize/crop on IG, one I can't? Who knows? Slippery, what's your IG handle so I can ensure I followed you back if I'm not already. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HzzXcdEHEhbrVacz6GT3TtyuJFLSFwnzNT1ClIzEJOeDpyr4uyoJzJcOh8KLNkLC