Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/27/23 10:50 a.m.

We're on a steep ramp. I'm driving a manual transmission. Please back up to give me more than 1' of leeway to be sure I don't roll backwards into your car.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
11/27/23 10:56 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

Forgot my rant. 

You'll never find someone more proud of their city than someone from Buffalo New York who doesn't live there anymore.  Bills hats, jerseys, car decals, flags, Facebook profile pictures, etc.  Bonus for the state outline with the heart at Buffalo and/or the "home" decal.  Listen, Kevin.  You left Buffalo to move to Charlotte, NC because Buffalo sucked.  Act like it. 

I'm originally from another town in Western NY and will freely tell anyone who will listen why I left that godforsaken place.  I met up with a buddy of mine over Thanksgiving who still lives in Buffalo and is indescribably proud of that E36 M3hole.  

volvoclearinghouse
11/27/23 10:59 a.m.

I hate to do the old "get on the internet and bitch about something and not tell anyone what it is I'm bitching about" thing, but...

Holy berkeleying E36 M3.  Damn.  berkeleying hell.  berkeley. berkeley. berkeley.  What the berkeley is wrong with some berkeleying people.  E36 M3.  This is a berkeleying E36 M3ty berkeleying situation, and I can't even describe how berkeleying pissed I am and how I do not have the berkeleying bandwidth to deal with this berkeleying E36 M3 today.  berkeley berkeley berkeley.  Why the berkeley did you do this????

berkeley.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/27/23 11:01 a.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

Woke up yesterday with canker sores down both sides of my tongue. Never had a single one there before. Really, truly uncomfortable.

Not sure how you're doing today, but that sounds like herpes angina.

Try swishing with milk of magnesia.

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD Reader
11/27/23 11:13 a.m.

Thanks Stellantis.   Thanks for not using your words and instead putting a bunch of stupid pictures on this $5,000 battery charger so I don't know what to push to maintain voltage for a BCM flash recall.....

Powar
Powar UltraDork
11/27/23 11:17 a.m.

I paid extra for the road hazard (and some other things) warranty on our Elantra N. It has a flat and an obvious nail. No big deal, right? It wouldn't be if the anyone at the berkeleying dealership would answer the phone. Or return a call. They have their money, so I guess now they don't have to give a E36 M3.

wae
wae PowerDork
11/27/23 1:31 p.m.

I am on a call right now with five people, trying to modify a Visio diagram by committee.  I can feel this vein in my forehead sticking out more and more....

wae
wae PowerDork
11/27/23 5:31 p.m.

And the reason this is particularly irritating to me is that I apparently have Covid again.  Huzzah.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/27/23 6:10 p.m.
Duke said:
classicJackets (FS) said:

Woke up yesterday with canker sores down both sides of my tongue. Never had a single one there before. Really, truly uncomfortable.

Not sure how you're doing today, but that sounds like herpes angina.

Try swishing with milk of magnesia.

I've never heard of that. I've had those sores since I was a kid and could never get a straight answer why. The time I mentioned, I had them on my tongue, cheek, and on the floor of my mouth below my tongue. I determined that it was caused by some really strong coffee I'd been drinking for a few weeks... after the second bout of a mouth full of sores.

I never drank any alcohol when I was working, only on my days off. When I'd get the sores, and I would get them regularly, I noticed that, on the night of my last shift when I'd do some shots of vodka, or other 40% alcohol, the next day I'd wake up and they were mostly gone. So I started using mouthwash with alcohol and I no longer get them. My oldest son has the same problem and it works for him too.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
11/27/23 6:26 p.m.

The hot water heater is leaking a bit. It's in a concrete basement where nothing can get ruined, so it might just wait a few weeks. I absolutely don't have time for this.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/27/23 8:46 p.m.
Powar said:

I paid extra for the road hazard (and some other things) warranty on our Elantra N. It has a flat and an obvious nail. No big deal, right? It wouldn't be if the anyone at the berkeleying dealership would answer the phone. Or return a call. They have their money, so I guess now they don't have to give a E36 M3.

Had the same bullE36 M3 with Scion. Giant pothole broke a chunk out of the rear wheel. They wouldn't honor the wheel/tire protection package...because it still held air. Every single mechanic and the service writer were adamant that I NOT drive on that wheel.

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
11/27/23 9:09 p.m.
RonnieFnD said:

Thanks Stellantis.   Thanks for not using your words and instead putting a bunch of stupid pictures on this $5,000 battery charger so I don't know what to push to maintain voltage for a BCM flash recall.....

Dude, that's a Peloton. You have to ride to charge. 

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
11/27/23 9:10 p.m.
RonnieFnD said:

Dude, that's a Peloton. You have to ride it to charge. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
11/27/23 9:16 p.m.

Short trip to supermarket just for distilled water for my CPAP machine. No distilled water left but plenty of spring and drinking water. Next CVS, same there. Walgreens, same thing. 

Next stop another grocery store across town. Gallon containers sold out. Found a 2.5 gallon tote behind spring water totes, the last one. It's cumbersome and the tap is unpredictable. I filled a gallon jug about half full and will deal with it but at least I have distilled water.

No distilled water, must be a thing. indecision

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
11/27/23 9:45 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

We have two of these and usually distill 2 gallons a day - might miss a day or two.  Coffee and we drink a lot of water.  You can catch it on sale sometimes for $299 or lightly used ones on Craigslist.

volvoclearinghouse
11/27/23 9:49 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

The hot water heater is leaking a bit. It's in a concrete basement where nothing can get ruined, so it might just wait a few weeks. I absolutely don't have time for this.

I bet it doesn't. 

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
11/28/23 12:05 a.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:

In reply to fasted58 :

We have two of these and usually distill 2 gallons a day - might miss a day or two.  Coffee and we drink a lot of water.  You can catch it on sale sometimes for $299 or lightly used ones on Craigslist.

Also supposedly a dehumidifier produces distilled water.

Never tried it but might get worth a look

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
11/28/23 6:38 a.m.

What the absolute berkeley did you bring home from school? It's been 8 berkeleying days, we still can't eat or sleep or barely move.  Cover your berkeleying mouth and wash your berkeleying hands.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/28/23 11:24 a.m.

if youre in the marketing department for literally any organization who sells things, and youre big bet for the 2024 holiday season is to run a radio ad where you revise the lyrics to a traditional Christmas carol or holiday pop song to feature your company or products, please know that 92% of the consumer public thinks youre a useless toolbag and hopes you step in a puddle of stinking greywater outside an Alabama seafood processing plant in July a few minutes after putting on very expensive shoes. Not only is that not an effective marketing tool, it actively incentivises me to buy from your competitor. Listening/watching ads already sucks, but at least be creative so I dont subconsciously associate your brand with abhorent suckage. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
11/28/23 2:04 p.m.

Thanksgiving set my back on my health and wellness re-commitment.  Today I'm back on the wagon and going to start kicking ass again. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
11/28/23 2:22 p.m.

The internal job I applied to was "paused" about 1-2 weeks after I interviewed (October 2nd). It's still on hold, and I've passed up on several opportunities to do more within my team while I wait to hear back on if I got the job, or got rejected. It's been ~8 weeks and the hiring manager still isn't sure when he'll learn the future of the job

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/28/23 2:45 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

Oh boy. I went through that at my old company. I took on extra responsibilities, management classes, and worked as a mentor for multiple employees. It was a worthwhile as an experience.

However, they eliminated the roll that I was working towards after a year and a half of the above effort. In the meantime, I had been advised to turn down other opportunities that were less stressful, better schedules but were "dead ends".  Note, the folks in those positions got promoted or transferred for those opportunities to come open. Were they "dead ends"?  I don't think so. 

After that, I poked my head up, saw that I was 15% under market rate, and jumped ship.  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/28/23 4:55 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury :

I listen to a show almost every day that deals with advertising and the advertising business. When he solicits questions once a year the number one question is, why is there so much really bad advertising?

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
11/28/23 4:58 p.m.

It's not causing me any problems, but I'm just annoyed to see this sort of circular insanity.

It's not uncommon, as you probably know, to get mailers for real estate or other household services where they've printed a shot of your property taken from Google Street View. I always find it a little creepy, but it's pretty clear at this point that while vaguely unpleasant, it's not all that creepy because it's just automated.

I just got a mailer from a local renovation company; one of the ones that chooses a font that looks like someone scrawling a note "just for you." The envelope has a pic of my truck in front of my house, but one of the things printed on the envelope in said font is "We got the picture from google, we have NOT driven by!"

Do you think maybe, just maybe, it would make more sense to just stop printing pictures of people's own houses on the envelopes?

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
11/28/23 5:14 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

There are a number of cheaper ones available it seems- though I don't know how they'd compare in longevity/reliability.

I've long thought that I should have some kind of setup available to be able to distill water in the event of an extended emergency where normal water service is cut off. We have (in effect) a massive reserve tank of water in the form of our hot tub, but the water in it would obviously need to be distilled to be able to be used for drinking/cooking.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
63TukhTJKf4ctOgDyXm3FAHBzuSJrNxTGoyB9ote8CBOLbZVySKJ3h8Cp0AebyXM