3 4 5 6 7
BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
2/28/16 1:04 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

I'd call that a major win, since none of the wheel bolts broke and none of the tires passed you. Had that happen once, pulled over and found I only had 3/5 lugs on one wheel, one of the broken ones was still sitting in the recess in the wheel.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
2/28/16 3:29 p.m.

Wagon fired right up after sitting 5 months. Its a huge win since my truck is still acting up. Carburetion still fits me better!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/28/16 3:34 p.m.

Tim fixed the hot tub heeater that the service guy said was dead, saving us a couple grand, and followed it up by putting a new handle on my carpet cleaner. So now our carpets are clean, I get to soak my sore back, and Tom's final tuition bill is covered!

Margie

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/28/16 4:46 p.m.

A quick hub replacement netted me all the money I spent at the autocross yesterday. Which I promptly spent again when I found the much needed 42lb injectors for the duster with a buy it now price of 100.

And the injectors are new.

Raw times came out, and I was 1/10 slower than the spitfire, and 3/100 faster than a 996.

Winning!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/28/16 8:49 p.m.

Did my taxes today. I owe the Feds a C-note and I'm getting $3 back from the state.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/28/16 9:10 p.m.

After two years in tech I decided to dip my toe into the job market again. I have more interviews lined up than I care to count and have people coming after me without prompting. Very thankful.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/28/16 9:46 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

That is some impressive planning.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
2/29/16 12:34 a.m.

Power went out, but random basement car battery and inverter has the WIFI back up.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/29/16 11:46 a.m.

I had some awesome friends helping me over the weekend. We managed to get up more shelving in my garage, started demolishing the horrible partially-finished basement, and got some more work done on my brother's El Camino revival. Awesome, awesome weekend.

A photo posted by Tim (@powar17) on Feb 27, 2016 at 7:48pm PST
dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
2/29/16 3:23 p.m.

Drove the wagon too work, makes it a great monday. Ive never figured out why because its not the fastest or best handling fox body ive owned but driving it just makes me smile!

RedGT
RedGT Reader
2/29/16 3:34 p.m.

Evidently all you need to add cruise control to a base model Mazda3 is $8 worth of junkyard steering wheel buttons and a brake pedal switch.

Spiffy. 20 minutes later I have working cruise.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
2/29/16 3:57 p.m.

New back glass for SanFord showed up. I think it's going to work perfectly.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/29/16 4:36 p.m.

Deucekid#2 just got his ACT scores back. 27 composite, as a 7th grader. One lower than his sister did last year but he crushed her on science and he's happy with that. He's consistently just a hair behind her academically and it was starting to get him a little bummed. It's nice to be able to show him that he's doing great, he's just different and should stop comparing himself.
He's really happy, and that makes me really happy.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
2/29/16 7:47 p.m.

Found a backup from my deceased media drive!!

Now I don't have re-purchase several PDF manuals . . . I can finally finish the rewiring job on the E36 302.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf Reader
2/29/16 7:47 p.m.

Scored a heated, hi-pressure parts washer from work last week that was destined for the scrap pile. The "win" was discovering it recently had a new pump and motor installed. It's wired up and working already.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
3/1/16 8:18 a.m.

Went to wal mart last night with the rims and a set of tires for my truck. They couldnt get the tires too bead and no one else was open.

Called a friends dad who just paid ten bucks for an old coats 4040. Ten minutes later all 4 tires were aired up!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
3/1/16 6:30 p.m.

The duster fired up on full efi. Berk yeah!!!!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
3/1/16 6:52 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: The duster fired up on full efi. Berk yeah!!!!

Duuuuuuude, excellent!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
3/1/16 7:22 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: The duster fired up on full efi. Berk yeah!!!!
Duuuuuuude, excellent!

http://s54.photobucket.com/user/dusterbd13/media/duster/20160301_190639_zpsb1wjzbr4.mp4.html

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
3/1/16 9:12 p.m.

Moog replacement LCA from Rockauto is Aluminum. OE part is cast iron. Hello, unsprung weight? Yeah, you're gonna have to go.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
3/2/16 9:54 p.m.

Formagasket just saved me like 400$ on a part only made for one specific year that is effectively a unicorn to find in working condition and that disintegrates internally with the new ETOH fuels. If it holds for even 6 months its worth its weight in gold for the amount that I used.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
3/3/16 7:51 a.m.

Starting to get used to my new shift of three 12-hour days.

Pros: I get some more free time the next few weeks.

Cons: I'll be using that extra free time to try and find a PT gig.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
3/3/16 8:40 a.m.

Sales on the Musician's Friend website. Got me some spare cables and extra guitar stands on the cheap. Setting up for gigs will be less annoying now

logdog
logdog SuperDork
3/4/16 9:24 p.m.

Mrs Logdog sold our 41 horse utility tractor to the first guy that came to look at it. Win!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/7/16 1:44 p.m.

Just qualified for my first promotion at work :)

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pTdck4qWUo6sB32WkQWXapfxEvbRw1ZFwWncJkhZ7a94S51EizVCMnNSYIS6XFSA