19 20 21
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/15/24 1:08 p.m.

not sure of it's future. But i know the future of the k1s's!

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/15/24 1:33 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

You have my attention.  If it doesn't stay in your stable, let's talk.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/15/24 1:52 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

DD#2 may have one just like that for sale, too.  Black over tan 1999 with a nearly new black top.  Not sure of miles, but somewhere around 135k?

Philadelphia area.  I can put you in touch if you wish.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/15/24 8:08 p.m.
VolvoHeretic said:

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Find some flooded ones from California and slap box flares and a turbo Subaru drive train in the back seat. smiley

Is that a "dare" or maybe a challenge? 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/15/24 8:09 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

My interest would only be in a rust free & cheap one.  Would DD#2's car meet those criteria?

chandler
chandler MegaDork
2/16/24 9:49 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/16/24 10:32 a.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Probably not.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/20/24 1:33 p.m.
P3PPY said:
chandler said:
myf16n said:

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

I'm very curious if you had to back up that dolly / car combination. I used one of those recently and wasn't able to back that thing in a straight line even when I started out perfectly lined up. 
I have never had trouble with trailers large or small. Hell, I've even backed up large aircraft with no trouble. That dolly kicked my ass. I refused to give up for over an hour. Even had neighbors watching and laughing (and giving advice, which was worse than laughing).

Not a good time, my FIL can back up multiple grain wagons which articulate the same way but as much as I've tried I've never been able to back up a loaded dolly

I read once (probably on GRM) that you cannot/should not attempt to back a loaded dolly because [physics]. I did not fully comprehend the reason why and tried it once. I accidentally scrubbed years worth of tread off of one of uhaul's tires that way. 

Years ago I rented a tow dolly from a local rental store.  The guy probably told me five times not to try and back it.  Normally I would have taken that as a challenge, but do not remember giving it a shot.  

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/30/24 9:27 p.m.

Does it count when the project is leaving the shop instead of arriving? Well, this one is headed to Atlanta.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
4/1/24 10:30 a.m.

Van.

I'm on a roll, another one leaving the shop!

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/10/24 5:59 p.m.

The PLB RX7 followed us home!

chandler
chandler MegaDork
4/13/24 12:49 p.m.

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
4/13/24 1:13 p.m.
chandler said:

Alright man, looking forward to the turbo Ute!

chandler
chandler MegaDork
4/13/24 1:55 p.m.

Besides the rust it's pretty nice, I haven't checked it out all that in depth yet. Usually don't til the title is in my name haha.

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
4/13/24 9:23 p.m.

This is something you don't see everyday on a trailer - '71 SCCA vintage Pinto w/a Lotus Twin Cam in SoCal.  Have yet to see any footage of it running, but a nice build though... :)

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/19/24 9:22 a.m.

FJ40Jim
FJ40Jim Reader
4/26/24 7:45 p.m.

Project engine coming home from machine shop. Had to drive 114 miles to get to a decent full service shop.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
4/26/24 7:55 p.m.

Name checks out

chandler
chandler MegaDork
5/11/24 4:47 p.m.
chandler said:

Same parking lot, same manufacturer, same color, 15 year spread

EricM
EricM UltraDork
5/11/24 11:11 p.m.

It's in the build and project cars area now called Dragon' it home.

FieroReinke
FieroReinke Reader
5/16/24 2:11 p.m.

Locost on the trailer heading to Seven gathering in Arkansas

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
6/4/24 10:56 p.m.

I got tired of borrowing my MIL's minivan to carry odds and ends so I put $100 into a trailer hitch and wiring for the Saab and now I can move ALL THE THINGS!

-- or at least all the things that weigh less than 1k# (using her 1k# trailer) and less than 200# tongue

Sadly, tweaking on the exhaust pipe seems to have aggravated the recently barely-patched leak :/

Powar
Powar UltraDork
6/12/24 9:53 a.m.

My latest. 1979 900 GLE 5-door. Engine is locked up solid (a first for me on a vintage Saab), but an 8v Turbo should fit nicely in its place.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/12/24 10:00 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

not sure of it's future. But i know the future of the k1s's!

Forgot when i picked up ladt month

19 20 21

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
niIbyu4zPY1zhpkDIsKZRj9E949TCYQcPBXOFCvu8EIv2kZhXmfRHJJA1AeEkaJF