DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
11/23/23 1:41 p.m.

Can't really think of anything more appropriate for today than this one.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
11/23/23 1:47 p.m.
Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/23/23 6:40 p.m.

I wonder if he winters in Texas? Big Sugar is Alberta based, but I believe his other band, Grady, was Texas based too.

Crank it.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
11/23/23 6:47 p.m.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/26/23 6:16 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/27/23 10:29 a.m.

A forgotten gem from the early '80s:

Mike (Forum Supporter)
11/27/23 9:35 p.m.

Going back to the songs that were sampled in my youth.

Gary
Gary UberDork
11/28/23 9:25 p.m.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
11/28/23 10:17 p.m.
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/29/23 11:16 a.m.

Back to my default setting: Cannonball Adderley. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
12/6/23 1:38 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/6/23 10:39 a.m.

Stick with it through the whole thing:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/7/23 10:44 a.m.
Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
12/7/23 11:59 a.m.

Goldfinger

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
12/7/23 6:42 p.m.

Pirate Metal, so much pirate metal

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
12/8/23 7:38 a.m.

Today, Twisted Christmas.

BTW, thank you for that link to the Sound Defects.

Interesting stuff.

preach
preach UltraDork
12/9/23 3:26 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/9/23 6:13 p.m.

Found my CD wallet.  I have owned this CD for almost thirty years.

Still know all the words to everything

StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
12/10/23 8:37 a.m.
Antihero said:

Pirate Metal, so much pirate metal

Yarrrr! Never knew this was a thing, so happy to find out it is! Loving Alestorm!

On another note, on the cover of Do or Die by Dropkick Murphys my father is on the right hand side on in the back row with a huge crap eating grin on his face heart He was a Boston based demolitionist for many many years until he retired. I never listened to Dropkicks really until I found that out and I have to say I now love their older stuff. My husband showed the picture to my father who had no idea he was on the album, and he started to get teary eyed because he has several brothers and brother in laws in that picture who are no longer with us. I wrote to the band and told them this asking if there was a poster or something I could buy, and they sent me a copy of the 12"vinyl and a promotional picture with a note on the back of it. It was very sweet of them and made me a fan for life. smiley

StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
12/10/23 9:29 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Found my CD wallet.  I have owned this CD for almost thirty years

Still know all the words to everything

Awesome album! I also still know the words to every song. Lunchbox is a personal favorite, because of the back story. Nuts!

preach
preach UltraDork
12/10/23 12:51 p.m.
StilettoSS said:

On another note, on the cover of Do or Die by Dropkick Murphys my father is on the right hand side on in the back row with a huge crap eating grin on his face heart He was a Boston based demolitionist for many many years until he retired. I never listened to Dropkicks really until I found that out and I have to say I now love their older stuff. My husband showed the picture to my father who had no idea he was on the album, and he started to get teary eyed because he has several brothers and brother in laws in that picture who are no longer with us. I wrote to the band and told them this asking if there was a poster or something I could buy, and they sent me a copy of the 12"vinyl and a promotional picture with a note on the back of it. It was very sweet of them and made me a fan for life. smiley

Edit: I married the guy with the red arrows daughter. I also dated the guy at the bottom of the arrows daughter. Really weird.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
12/10/23 9:48 p.m.

In reply to StilettoSS :

Alestorm is awesome! Currently Drink and berkeleyed With An Anchor are my favorites.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
12/10/23 11:41 p.m.

Starting to see Christmas music in the Youtube recommendations, but I guess I can't complain:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/11/23 8:58 a.m.

Blue Note Jazz on w2rd St, NYC.  More intimate, not a hall.  Cautious Clay.

Gary
Gary UberDork
12/12/23 9:21 p.m.

Mark Knopfler - "So Far from the Clyde"

Great song. It's amazing how Mark can take an obscure topic and create a great song. He's done it many times with many topics.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TnfAe0dywr9BPOnG0g3auVe4iUZNQPtDOEMhg5Ic3MgXeQXILfa1vm2FhXT9o1K2