octavious
octavious Dork
8/3/23 9:00 p.m.

I like vehicle adventure travel shows. Things like the Top Gear and Grand Tour, Columbia, Patagonia, Jeffe, Pirate adventures. I also watched the guy/couple on the Honda C90 all across the world. I also saw the group that takes the 4Runners and Tacomas across the Americas. But I've seen all those and now I'm looking for more. Do you guys have any suggestions on those type of shoes to watch?

Bonus points if it has a Porsche, Willys Jeep, or dirt bike. Extra, extra credit if it involves those vehicles and fly fishing. 

For suggestions I have Youtube, YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, and Netflix as my viewing options. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/3/23 9:08 p.m.

We're about halfway through James May's Japan show on Amazon and really enjoy it.  His personality and nerdiness really suit me and my travel style.  He comes off genuinely interested in everything and every one he comes across.   

octavious
octavious Dork
8/3/23 9:23 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks. I watched that too. And both seasons  of Clarkson's Farm. I really love this adventures where they are on the road and face actual on the road situations. 

travellering
travellering Dork
8/3/23 9:31 p.m.

Movies, not shows, but maybe this list could help...:

Bike adventure docs

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
8/3/23 9:36 p.m.

I'll second James May "Our Man in Japan" show.  Top-notch. My teenager and I watched the whole thing in short order.  Of all the former Top Gear Hosts, he's the one I'd most like to meet.  We've watched some of his "Our Man in Italy" show...but it's more familiar & therefore not  quite as interesting.  

There's quite a few Transcontinental adventure bike shows.  The series w/Ewan McGregor & Charlie Boorman was pretty good.  Long Way Round and Long Way Down, Long Way Up.  There was a series w/Charlie Boorman training for the Dakar Rally that wasn't great...but it was interesting.   I watched a more ametuer one w/some german tourists that rode from Germany to the highest road in the Himilayas.  The overdubbing english was kind of funny...but they genuinely saw some amazing things & it was pretty good for a low-budget effort (seen on netflix?).

I haven't had cable TV in years.  Amazon Prime, Netflix & Youtube are where I tend to veg-out (when I'm able).  MotorTrend TV app is worth it just to skip the commercials on cable TV (it's maybe $25/year).  Disney + has some decent documentary material.  They do have some automotive content, but I wouldn't subscribe for the car content.   Some of the newre STAR WARS  stuff is worth the subscription if you're into that.  ANDOR was great TV, in my opinion.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
8/3/23 9:43 p.m.

In reply to octavious :

What's this thing with the C90 couple?

adam525i
adam525i SuperDork
8/3/23 10:28 p.m.

Check out Itchy Boots on Youtube, sinlge female rider from the Netherlands currently riding a Honda CRF300L Rally accross Africa but lots of previous content to watch.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/4/23 12:01 a.m.
adam525i said:

Check out Itchy Boots on Youtube, sinlge female rider from the Netherlands currently riding a Honda CRF300L Rally accross Africa but lots of previous content to watch.

She previously rode from South America to Alaska, and before that the southern part of Africa and before that central Asia.  She does a good job with drone footage of scenic areas she rides through.

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
8/4/23 7:21 a.m.

I also suggest the suite of "Long Way Down/Up/Around" videos

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
8/4/23 7:40 a.m.

Came here to suggest Itchy Boots, although we enjoyed the previous season more. Still watching this one, though.

Marc Travels is a vlog of someone (well, Marc) trying to travel around the world on a Zero electric motorcycle with his girlfriend who accompanies him in a Suzuki Jimny camper.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/4/23 8:16 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

In reply to octavious :

What's this thing with the C90 couple?

Search "C90 Adventures Ed March." It's awesome. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
8/4/23 8:31 a.m.

Ari Henning and Zack Courts have some really cool stuff on youtube:

500 miles across Wyoming

Adventure in Alaska

Dumb and dumber mini bike

Vermont to Canada on 3 wheels

Moto-homes

and many more!

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/4/23 8:42 a.m.
octavious
octavious Dork
8/4/23 9:08 a.m.

I've seen the Long Way Down/Around videos, and the James May Japan, I didn't know he had an Italy one. 

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll probably give them all a look. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
8/4/23 9:32 a.m.

+1 for "C90 Adventures" on Youtube.  Man I really connected with that series.  Wish I had to freedom to do what Ed did. 

nocones
nocones PowerDork
8/4/23 11:06 a.m.

I know C90 Adventures has been mentioned here but not this particular insanity, but this is his most current thing going and it seems like it is tailor made for you.  

It has Adventure

It has outdoors/camping

It has a "Willy's Jeep"

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
8/4/23 11:59 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

Thanks, there goes my weekend!

octavious
octavious Dork
8/4/23 3:24 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

That is money!  I had no idea bout c90 and the mini Jeep. Only made it through one, but that was spot on. Thanks 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jnx1soJMUOdkSNClp3HwOuoNvUuF47Y6T6VM9jh1BAY2ro8avsKsOLHZdND8qOov